Anyone own a Rogue or other Coach bag with snakeskin?

Lavidacolor

Collector of things shiny and beautiful
O.G.
Sep 2, 2007
I told myself I don't need another Rogue...but I am totally obsessed with this whipstitch snakeskin trim Rogue 25!! The sky blue suede lining is so beautiful.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows how well the snakeskin holds up on their Coach bags. Especially the handles which will get heavier use. I have a YSL bag with snakeskin handles and I've had slight peeling. So I'm a little hesitant.

Also, what do you all treat your snakeskin with to prevent this kind of wear? I have leather honey but not sure if there's something better.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 11.12.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 11.12.34 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 288
Reactions: Winterfell5
I own a dark denim Rogue 36 and a heather grey Rogue 36 with snakeskin handles which I used all summer and fall with no issues. I just purchased an Olive rogue 36 with snakeskin handles. I am using the dark denim rogue now, in terrible Michigan winter weather. Snakeskin is holding up perfectly. I think the snakeskin really adds to the beauty of the bags.

I have a couple of rogues with snakeskin and the handles are holding up fine. The snakeskin Coach uses seems to wear well but if it is listed as genuine python that would be more delicate. Python is more prone to lifting and peeling.

Reactions: katev
I have a couple of rogues with snakeskin and the handles are holding up fine. The snakeskin Coach uses seems to wear well but if it is listed as genuine python that would be more delicate. Python is more prone to lifting and peeling.
This is useful information, thanks!

Now that you mention it, I think my YSL bag may have python handles which makes sense.

Reactions: Syren
I told myself I don't need another Rogue...but I am totally obsessed with this whipstitch snakeskin trim Rogue 25!! The sky blue suede lining is so beautiful.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows how well the snakeskin holds up on their Coach bags. Especially the handles which will get heavier use. I have a YSL bag with snakeskin handles and I've had slight peeling. So I'm a little hesitant.

Also, what do you all treat your snakeskin with to prevent this kind of wear? I have leather honey but not sure if there's something better.

Thanks!
I bought this one after hesitating for a few days, the deal I got in it was honestly insane (I want to say I paid less than $150) considering it's still on the retail website for full price. I'm very happy with it, it's a very special bag and when I carry her every one notices

I own two with snakeskin but have not carried so I don't know how the handles will wear. But, I do own two of the saddlebags with snake shoulder straps and use all the time. So far the snakeskin is holding up.

I bought this one after hesitating for a few days, the deal I got in it was honestly insane (I want to say I paid less than $150) considering it's still on the retail website for full price. I'm very happy with it, it's a very special bag and when I carry her every one notices

wow, that is an amazing deal!! Good find! Did you get it on eBay or one of those Poshmark type sites? I would for sure keep it if I got such a good deal :biggrin:

I got this super used snakeskin rogue off of eBay. I don't know if this will help at all, but here are some pics. It looks like it has been through hell and back. The snakeskin seems to be coming off on just one handle. I think if it can survive this kind of abuse with just coming off a little, then it is pretty durable. Outside pics to show how much wear it has experienced.
IMG_6013.jpg IMG_6014.jpg IMG_6015.jpg IMG_6016.jpg IMG_6017.jpg IMG_6018.jpg IMG_6019.jpg IMG_6020.jpg

Reactions: LadaZuri
That's a beautiful bag at a fabulous price!

Many of the coach snakeskin bags are actually embossed leather that are made to look like snakeskin. Over the years there have been varying reports of how well they wear. Some bags have experienced lifting and peeling and flaking and others have worn quite well.

But some Coach bags are made/trimmed with genuine reptile skin and they are delicate and need special cleaners and conditioners as has already been mentioned. And the different types of leathers used also makes a difference. Snakes with larger scales, like the python mentioned above are gorgeous but they ay be more prone to lifting and peeling.

I have acquired two older coach bags that are made of exotic leathers. One is made of genuine Karung Snakeskin and the other is Lizard Skin with Pigskin suede lining, see the links below.

These are smaller, special occasion bags that don't get a lot of wear but they have held up well over the years.

Congratulations on your exotic and beautiful new rogue bag! May you enjoy it for a long, long, time!

Karung Snakeskin:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/my-most-exotic-and-expensive-coach-bag-reveal-and-modeling-pics.827804/

Lizard bag with pigskin suede lining:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/i-finally-got-one-rare-italian-exotic-numbered-hand-made-and-vintage.1017506/

Reactions: Lavidacolor