Going without deposit in late December

nomano

Oct 5, 2019
Hi - does anyone have any experience going for consultations without a deposit / secured surgery date in late December? I understand the common advice is to always go for F2F first, but since I’m going on peak season and want to get number of things done at the same time (lipo, DES, rhino), I worry about not being able to find since I’m on a pretty tight schedule (only 14 days). Would love to get anyone’s experience or if you know secondhand.

The only problem with going without deposit is the date you want to have the surgery might be fully booked. If so you'll have to wait until their available date.
But what if you want to explore different clinics and have consultations with say, 4 different clinics. Are you just gonna deposit all of them beforehand?

But what if you want to explore different clinics and have consultations with say, 4 different clinics. Are you just gonna deposit all of them beforehand?
No. That's why most people (and myself included) try to arrange to come in 2 trips. One for consultation at different clinics then decide and deposit, one for surgery. I'm from Asia too so travelling was easy for my case.
I also only have 14 days to stay for my surgery trip so I don't want to spend 1-3 first days for consultation & waiting for available dates. However if you come in low season you might not have to wait (or if you're lucky). I'll come in high season (early January) that's why I arranged another trip last month and then paid for deposit beforehand. When I arrive in Korea next time, I'll do my surgery the next day.

Reactions: Red Christmas
No. That's why most people (and myself included) try to arrange to come in 2 trips. One for consultation at different clinics then decide and deposit, one for surgery. I'm from Asia too so travelling was easy for my case.
wow gotcha, do you have any tips for people who travel from the states? i don't think i have enough money for 2 trips so what would be the ideal thing for me to do?

wow gotcha, do you have any tips for people who travel from the states? i don't think i have enough money for 2 trips so what would be the ideal thing for me to do?
I just edited my reply haha. If you have more time for recovery (say you can stay up to 3-4 weeks), I think you can consult and book a date during that trip. However for me (and OP), I can't stay for longer than 2 weeks. Also it depends on the procedure you're doing. Some doesn't need that much downtime. I'll do facial contouring that's why I want to stay post op as long as I could. If you're doing simpler surgery it shouldn't be a problem I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Christmas
I just edited my reply haha. If you have more time for recovery (say you can stay up to 3-4 weeks), I think you can consult and book a date during that trip. However for me (and OP), I can't stay for longer than 2 weeks. Also it depends on the procedure you're doing. Some doesn't need that much downtime. I'll do facial contouring that's why I want to stay post op as long as I could. If you're doing simpler surgery it shouldn't be a problem I think.
I thank you for your help, it is super useful to know all of this. What would you say the low seasons are for plastic surgery in Korea?

I thank you for your help, it is super useful to know all of this. What would you say the low seasons are for plastic surgery in Korea?
i THINK it's around March-May and Sept-Nov. As far as I know, school breaks (summer break, winter break, etc) and holidays time are normally more busy. I am one of those who can only go during holidays break so I'm gonna be a part of that crowd for sure. hehe