Louis Vuitton Multi Pochette VS Prada Nylon "Multi Pochette"

Which bag do you like more?

• Total voters

sookilala

Mar 17, 2013
20191119_194121.jpg 20191119_194016.jpg 20191119_194035.jpg 20191119_194051.jpg Hi Everyone!

I'm putting up comparison photos of the bags! I regretted not pre-ordering both colours of the LV MPA (ended up with the pink, which I absolutely adore!).

I saw on Instagram that Prada released a similar bag in silver hardware. I could flip the bag over without showing the Prada logo. Hence, I'd very much prefer using the Prada bag for travel instead of the LV MPA. Also, the nylon is water resistant and very light.

Enjoy the photos and do request for different angles if I have not already uploaded it =)20191119_194121.jpg 20191119_194016.jpg 20191119_194121.jpg 20191119_194016.jpg

Lovely.. I’ll be the one to ask the million dollar question: If you had to chose one??
If I'm price sensitive: my choice is Prada ;)
LV SGD2190
Prada SGD1550
I find black and silver hardware easy to match for my wardrobe and fits everything I was able to fit into the LV MPA. It is also a lot more subtle.

The practical side of me: LV MPA
The LV pouches are definitely more practical if you like to use them as organizers within larger bags, which is what I do!

Both bags are pretty much indestructible LOL.

Didn't really answer your question, did I? Hahaha... HERE COMES...

When push comes to shove, I'd go with LV. Their repair service is excellent and I'd never have to worry about the re-sell value of the bag!

If I'm price sensitive: my choice is Prada ;)
LV SGD2190
Prada SGD1550
I find black and silver hardware easy to match for my wardrobe and fits everything I was able to fit into the LV MPA. It is also a lot more subtle.

The practical side of me: LV MPA
The LV pouches are definitely more practical if you like to use them as organizers within larger bags, which is what I do!

Both bags are pretty much indestructible LOL.

Didn't really answer your question, did I? Hahaha... HERE COMES...

When push comes to shove, I'd go with LV. Their repair service is excellent and I'd never have to worry about the re-sell value of the bag!
Thank you for the very thoughtful answer! Love all the options that come with each!

Reactions: sookilala
Hi!

What is the exact name of the prada multi pochette? I can't seem to find it anywhere, is it sold out?

Thank you for your great review of both bags :smile:

Hi! Try Prada Re-Edition 2005 or Prada Bandouliere Bag. This bag comes in beige, black and red. And only comes in silver hardware. It was launched in Singapore a month ago. Hope this helps! Otherwise, let me know and I'd be glad to help you out.

Reactions: beaulieuroxi
I'm a big fan of the prada one! Here's hoping I can get one :smile:

Interestingly there's hardly any information about this bag online. It's not on the website and there are hardly any pictures of it.

I'm a big fan of the prada one! Here's hoping I can get one :smile:

Interestingly there's hardly any information about this bag online. It's not on the website and there are hardly any pictures of it.

Exactly!!! I don't know why either! When I chanced upon this bag on Instagram, I immediately went to check it out on Prada e-store and couldn't find any information about it. Screenshot the picture to my Prada SA, she said that it was launched in October or earlier overseas in Europe. It was so popular that they brought it over to Singapore and it's flying off the shelves because tons of people couldn't get their hands on the LV version.

After using this bag for a couple of days, I have to say, I won't be rotating out of this for a while! It fits a LV mini pochette inside ( just for my organisational purposes). The Prada bag just has a large compartment within the bag, no slots or inner section. The little pouch fits my car key and 2 CC size cards.

Good luck with scoring one!!! I'm already thinking of getting a red one too!

Exactly!!! I don't know why either! When I chanced upon this bag on Instagram, I immediately went to check it out on Prada e-store and couldn't find any information about it. Screenshot the picture to my Prada SA, she said that it was launched in October or earlier overseas in Europe. It was so popular that they brought it over to Singapore and it's flying off the shelves because tons of people couldn't get their hands on the LV version.

After using this bag for a couple of days, I have to say, I won't be rotating out of this for a while! It fits a LV mini pochette inside ( just for my organisational purposes). The Prada bag just has a large compartment within the bag, no slots or inner section. The little pouch fits my car key and 2 CC size cards.

Good luck with scoring one!!! I'm already thinking of getting a red one too!

I saw this bag on IG from Chiara Ferragni. Could not for the life of me find out any information about it until this thread! She wears the bag so well and shows it in different outfits which is what sold me to the bag. There's only a couple of youtube videos on this bag too. I personally thought about getting the LV one initially or should I say, 'wait' for it although the double price increase on it made me think twice and also I like how not a lot of people have the Prada. Both bags are still :loveeyes:

Would love to see mod shots if you have time :smile: Also can you tell me where your bag is made?

Last edited:
I saw this bag on IG from Chiara Ferragni. Could not for the life of me find out any information about it until this thread! She wears the bag so well and shows it in different outfits which is what sold me to the bag. There's only a couple of youtube videos on this bag too. I personally thought about getting the LV one initially or should I say, 'wait' for it although the double price increase on it made me think twice and also I like how not a lot of people have the Prada. Both bags are still :loveeyes:

Would love to see mod shots if you have time :smile: Also can you tell me where your bag is made?

My bag is "Made in Italy". I read in a different PF thread that some of Prada's bags are now being made in some other countries. Not sure how true that is. So far, the last couple of bags I've checked out at the store (e.g.classics) are made in italy.

Heck no! Double price increase for the LV MPA?! That's ridiculous! I know the next LV MPA launch is in denim and cost SGD300-400 hundred dollars more I think. I hope Prada comes up with a soft leather version because stained nylon is almost impossible to clean .

I do prefer wearing the Prada because I can flip the bag over without the logo showing when travelling Love it that the bag can be worn very short (high waist) or crossbody (down below the hips).

Shown here (not in order)
1) Bag worn at its shortest
2) Bag worn at its longest
3) Worn without strap

P.s: I'm 1.7m in height
View attachment 4597960 View attachment 4597961 View attachment 4597962 View attachment 4597963 View attachment 4597964

Thanks for the pics! I called Prada and am on the waitlist :happydance:

Your bag looks good as there is no puckering at the sides! From the 3 videos on I've seen on youtube, one of them has puckering on one side of the bag which I'm not a fan of. Fingers crossed I can purchase a smooth one.

I voted for the LV.
I have a Prada nylon bag and it didn't age very well.
LV is indestructible.
On the other hand , I love their multi pochette...
Wish I had one...;)

Hi! Could you let me know how the ageing went? I'm curious! I had a 5year old beige Prada nylon tote that was full of stains. 10yrs ago, there weren't as many stores that work on fixing bags. Hence, I had to give the bag away to my relative who didn't mind the stains but there were no other issues. The stitching was still tight and leather straps didn't fray. Then I had 2 Prada backpacks that saw the world with me. No issues either other than the front buckle straps that tore because I used the front pockets so often.
Hence, I didn't think twice when I saw this Prada Nylon crossbody. The seams are stitched together with Saffiano leather which was different from the other nylon bags I owned.
I'd love to have my Prada nylon age gracefully! Do share what happened to yours