Will creating new profile help?

Rituals83

Jan 8, 2019
Hi everyone, there’s a bag I have been after for quite sometime but I was declined or stopped from buying it as I have bought the bag once before. However, it was bought as a gift and now I want one for myself. At the store right at the point of purchase they said I cannot buy it due to the fact I bought one before already so cannot have two of the same. I did come across it online and purchased it and after few hours it declined and client services gave same reason. Will creating new profile - under different email address help? I really want this bag and I have never bought multiples of same item before but it seems bizarre to me as can people not buy gifts? Appreciate your input or if anyone has similar experience.

Why would they block you from buying 2 of the same item? I've bought 2 of the same item at once online before (one as a gift). Is this a super limited or exotic piece?

I'd assume creating a new profile and using a different credit card would bypass any checks in their system though. Unless they are checking billing address as well. If that's the case, maybe ask someone to use their card and pay them back?

Strange how you would get declined by getting the same bag. I have 2 PAs in mono and DA. I had also gotten 2 multi-pouchettes and 2 Favorite’s without incident.

Maybe if you created an account with your spouse’s name (that’s if you have one).

if you use a different email, I don’t think that will work because I thought they go by your name and/or address/phone number.

I do wish you luck however.

Thank you for your responses. Yes indeed, I have seen various YouTubers have multiples of certain items or back ups too since they really like an item. I don’t have any and I only started buying last year so I don’t have a huge collection. Just 5 bags and few SLGs. Anyhow, it’s really bizarre and yes I did get my husband to open an acc with LV too so he could get it for me. Which weirdly was suggested by staff themselves, they said if it’s under different profile they would approve. However, when we ordered online that got declined too saying it had already been bought before. So whatever I bought went under his account too no idea how as my husband is brand new to LV. So annoying and I had no energy or will to argue at that point so I left it. It is the speedy nano by the way.. the bag I’m after.

They might be tracking it via IP address. If so, then your husband trying from your home would still connect. Or the same cc.

Maybe someone has designated you as a potential re-seller?

Thank you for your responses. Yes indeed, I have seen various YouTubers have multiples of certain items or back ups too since they really like an item. I don’t have any and I only started buying last year so I don’t have a huge collection. Just 5 bags and few SLGs. Anyhow, it’s really bizarre and yes I did get my husband to open an acc with LV too so he could get it for me. Which weirdly was suggested by staff themselves, they said if it’s under different profile they would approve. However, when we ordered online that got declined too saying it had already been bought before. So whatever I bought went under his account too no idea how as my husband is brand new to LV. So annoying and I had no energy or will to argue at that point so I left it. It is the speedy nano by the way.. the bag I’m after.
Are you using the same billing address ?

Forgot to mention I’m based in uk.
I think it's based on your delivery address..According to a man from LV called Christopher I've been indefinitely 'banned' as I have returned too many items. I have two email addresses and have tried both, and have tried paying via PayPal funds and CC but my order always gets declined online. I'm in the U.K. too

They might be tracking it via IP address. If so, then your husband trying from your home would still connect. Or the same cc.

Maybe someone has designated you as a potential re-seller?
Thanks, could be Delivery address but it’s weird as he is his own person so what has his purchases got to do with me although yes it was a purchase for me. It could have been anything.
Also regarding being reseller, I don’t have many items and my collection is pretty small compared to many. Also I don’t have multiples of any one item, this would have been the only one which I would have bought second time so if that’s the case then again it’s bizarre. If they asked me I would take picture of all I have bought to show that I’ve not sold them on.

I think it's based on your delivery address..According to a man from LV called Christopher I've been indefinitely 'banned' as I have returned too many items. I have two email addresses and have tried both, and have tried paying via PayPal funds and CC but my order always gets declined online. I'm in the U.K. too

banned indefinitely? Gosh, that is so harsh! Do they do that? I’m sorry to hear about your experience.

It might be based on billing address so I'd assume you and your husband share that. If you have a friend or relative who is willing to put that amount on their card, I'd ask them to purchase it and then pay them back. I don't know why they are being so hard on you with repeated purchases though, seems pretty ridiculous.

Hi everyone, there’s a bag I have been after for quite sometime but I was declined or stopped from buying it as I have bought the bag once before. However, it was bought as a gift and now I want one for myself. At the store right at the point of purchase they said I cannot buy it due to the fact I bought one before already so cannot have two of the same. I did come across it online and purchased it and after few hours it declined and client services gave same reason. Will creating new profile - under different email address help? I really want this bag and I have never bought multiples of same item before but it seems bizarre to me as can people not buy gifts? Appreciate your input or if anyone has similar experience.

Maybe you can have a friend, or your husband to make a account and purchase for you? If your name and the billing address is different they will decline it either way.