Purchasing my first LV bag.. help !! :)

NM1love

Jun 19, 2019
Hi all! I would like to purchase my first lv bag and I am so confused as to what to get.. I have some things that I am looking for:

1. shouldn't be too big but should fit a lot
2. needs to have a zip
3. versatile = can be elegant as well as casual
4. can be worn in any weather
5. not a never full lol (doesn't have a zip but its sooo popular)

Also, I am petite - around 164 cm..

Look forward to your recommendations!!

Hi all! I would like to purchase my first lv bag and I am so confused as to what to get.. I have some things that I am looking for:

2. needs to have a zip

Speedy B 25!

Speedy B 25 is always a safe choice, Pochette Metis is different and great, Alma BB is a classic and can be used from day to night (but holds not so much). Canvas is a good choice and Epi leather or Empreinte, they are all very durable. I wish you a lot of joy while chosing your first LV Bag :smile:

Reactions: LaDolceLaria
I agree re: Speedy B 25 DE. Using a Samorga organizer, I not only fit all I need (including room for extras), but the DE is so carefree and goes with everything. I prefer to use it crossbody most of the time, but I love the options of doing a shoulder bag or hands-free depending on the event.

Another vote for Speedy B 25 in de.. I love it cross body but find myself hand carrying it a lot more than I thought I would. I think the size 25 is perfect for cross body. It holds plenty without looking like a duffle bag. I am 5’5” and have a toddler who I hold the occasional toy or 2 for and its a good size for me.

Another vote for Speedy B 25 in de.. I love it cross body but find myself hand carrying it a lot more than I thought I would. I think the size 25 is perfect for cross body. It holds plenty without looking like a duffle bag. I am 5’5” and have a toddler who I hold the occasional toy or 2 for and its a good size for me.
Exactly re: your duffle bag comment. I really thought I was going to get the 30 until I tried it on!

Reactions: BrodyAlice
i agree - B25 in Damier Ebene meets the majority of your criteria. I am petite with a B30 and it's too large for an every day bag for me and I usually carry a lot. I am considering purchasing the B25 in Damier as well!

Valid point, I did question that before commenting! It is for sure not the most elegant bag.. I think the DE print does help and removing the shoulder strap to carry hand held will help dress it up a bit. Would I bring it to a formal wedding? No. Would I carry it to a nice dinner? Sure!

I'd have to agree with the Speedy b 25 in DE. It literally matches with ANYTHING, its not high maintenance. It fits my wallet, make up bag, portable battery, ray bans, hand sanitizer, & if I really wanted to, my LV MM agenda! Wear it crossbody or as a shoulder bag. honestly, best bag Ive ever purchased.

Reactions: LaDolceLaria
From your list of requirements i think the Alma Neo would be perfect, i'm eyeing this up myself, i'm 90% sure in BB size. Saw a good review on youtube yesterday where the lady showed her things in it, she said it holds more than a chanel medium boy bag. I really like the new interpretation of this bag in the beautiful empreinte leather.
https://www.purseblog.com/louis-vui...louis-vuitton-neo-alma-in-monogram-empreinte/

2. needs to have a zip

Would you consider a flag bag? Live the vavin?