Need Help with Crossbody Bag Recommendation!

socaltrojan

Cupcake Lover <3
O.G.
Aug 12, 2006
I am looking for a DE bag that has a zippered top with single or double handle that will fit over the shoulders and also has a detachable crossbody strap?!

The closest bag I could fine to this description is the Jersey but I don't think it's being made anymore.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or recommendations for LV bags that I may like! I would prefer to be able to buy in store but am open to looking for a discontinued preloved style too!

Last edited:
I am looking for a DE bag that has a zippered top with single or double handle that will fit over the shoulders and also has a detachable crossbody strap?!

The closest bag I could fine to this description is the Jersey but I don't think it's being made anymore.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or recommendations for LV bags that I may like! I would prefer to be able to buy in store but am open to looking for a discontinued preloved style too!
Speedy B 25

I have been through this search and came up with a few. Really not a great selection of totes as that was what I was looking for too.
Siena pm/mm
Caissa pm
Normandy
Brittany
Kensington Bowling
Evora MM
Belmont

Reactions: socaltrojan
I have been through this search and came up with a few. Really not a great selection of totes as that was what I was looking for too.
Siena pm/mm
Caissa pm
Normandy
Brittany
Kensington Bowling
Evora MM
Belmont[/QUOTE

Thank you! Which one did you end up getting in the end and why?

Agree I'm not a big speedy fan because of the boxy shape either

Speedy is a nice handheld bag, boxy but roomy. Classic shape but retains value and prices keep increasing. Have you considered getting two bags? One handheld (Speedy/Neverfull) and one crossbody (Bloomsbury or South Bank Besace). Looking at their prices you can get both with the price of Jersey or Normandy. Just my two cents. They are just canvas and you should consider the leather range. Neo Alma PM? LockMe Tote? V Tote?

Thank you! Which one did you end up getting in the end and why?

Tried the Evora and Belmont as I wanted a bigger bag. Evora ended up being too big and I never used it. Belmont was not comfy crossbody.
Bought Siena PM and found it too small. Siena MM seemed too dressy for my needs as well as Kensington.
Ended up with Speedy B 30 and South Bank Besace. Was trying to avoid the Speedy too but at the end of the day it’s a pretty versatile great bag.

Tried the Evora and Belmont as I wanted a bigger bag. Evora ended up being too big and I never used it. Belmont was not comfy crossbody.
Bought Siena PM and found it too small. Siena MM seemed too dressy for my needs as well as Kensington.
Ended up with Speedy B 30 and South Bank Besace. Was trying to avoid the Speedy too but at the end of the day it’s a pretty versatile great bag.

mom thinking about the south bank or the sienna mm. Leaning more towards the sienna mm because it's roomier. I just am not a speedy person so I can't bring myself to get that bag when it would probably be the easiest solution lol I just can't deal with the duffle shape!

Reactions: Loulouuk
Speedy is a nice handheld bag, boxy but roomy. Classic shape but retains value and prices keep increasing. Have you considered getting two bags? One handheld (Speedy/Neverfull) and one crossbody (Bloomsbury or South Bank Besace). Looking at their prices you can get both with the price of Jersey or Normandy. Just my two cents. They are just canvas and you should consider the leather range. Neo Alma PM? LockMe Tote? V Tote?

that is true! I'm thinking about the sienna or south bank now. I want a damier ebene bag in particular and don't like monogram and already have DA. I haven't looked at the leather range I will check it out but really wanted a DE crossbody bag! :smile:

Reactions: nvie
It might be a bit too structured for you but how about Riverside? I love that bag and it is in DE with crossbody at a reasonable price point :smile: it also has a zippered pocket. However, it is probably more comfortable as arm carry instead of shoulder carry, though shoulder carry is possible.

It might be a bit too structured for you but how about Riverside? I love that bag and it is in DE with crossbody at a reasonable price point :smile: it also has a zippered pocket. However, it is probably more comfortable as arm carry instead of shoulder carry, though shoulder carry is possible.

I love the riverside! It's just the strap is too short for crossbody and it's not a full zip. But yes I saw the red version in store and would have left home with it if it had a longer strap for crossbody. My CA says it's supposed to be be shoulder or handheld.