**Coco Handle** Club

Reactions: chlamy
Just bought a Coco handle in October and I bought it as a black one. Now, seeing other pictures in this thread with the charcoal I suddenly become unsure whether my bag could actually be charcoal...? In those pictures the charcoal really looks black to me. Since I wanted mine to be black I would not be happy if I found out it wasn’t really black... unfortunately I didn’t get the tag... Can anybody tell from my photo...? Is this black or charcoal...? I feel that it is black but... suddenly I am not 100% sure...?!

Attachments

• FB8F5F3D-9319-4D5A-BCBF-9FD3D6611439.jpeg
    FB8F5F3D-9319-4D5A-BCBF-9FD3D6611439.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 698
  • AAD18F89-C73B-447D-BD43-813F2C7FB842.jpeg
    AAD18F89-C73B-447D-BD43-813F2C7FB842.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 696
Just bought a Coco handle in October and I bought it as a black one. Now, seeing other pictures in this thread with the charcoal I suddenly become unsure whether my bag could actually be charcoal...? In those pictures the charcoal really looks black to me. Since I wanted mine to be black I would not be happy if I found out it wasn’t really black... unfortunately I didn’t get the tag... Can anybody tell from my photo...? Is this black or charcoal...? I feel that it is black but... suddenly I am not 100% sure...?!
If you bought it new from the boutique in October then I hate to say it but that looks like the Charcoal with ruthenium hardware to me. I’m not aware of a black release with ruthenium coco from that collection but maybe someone else can prove me wrong.

Reactions: cremse
There were dark grey and black released in ruthenium chevron from 19k collection in US . Are you based in the US? If so reach out to your SA to confirm the color.

Reactions: sequoia and cremse
I was proven wrong haha! I have the charcoal and find if I put it against a black shirt I can clearly tell it is charcoal. Pictures are hard to capture it because it does photograph black sometimes.

I am going crazy here not knowing what color bag I have actually bought - I can't live with that. My Coco handle in small (29 cm) was bought at Heathrow Airport London the 24th of september this year. It is a 28 series... I really think it looks more black than grey but it is sort of a matte black so I am not sure. Especially when I see how close the two colors charcoal and black seem to be... I need to get this verified... hoping someone might be able to help by reading the code / number from my receipt...??? Can you tell the actual color from this...? I upload a picture here together with another picture of the bag. What do you all think???? :confused1:

Attachments

• Ref no. Coco Handle - receipt.png
    Ref no. Coco Handle - receipt.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 657
  • IMG_8439.jpg
    IMG_8439.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_8423.jpg
    IMG_8423.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 671
Reactions: fcmilliner2031
There were dark grey and black released in ruthenium chevron from 19k collection in US . Are you based in the US? If so reach out to your SA to confirm the color.
Thank you for your comment. I am a happy to see that they actually released black ones to within the 19K collection... So I hope that mine is one of those. I put a post more in this thread with the number from my receipt, hoping that it is possible to verify. I also need to know if the hardware is ruthenium (shiny) og silver. I asked the person who sold the bag to me if it could be ruthenium but she said it wouldn't be that shiny if it was... but then again I have seen shiny ruthenium - so perhaps this might be that?

Thank you for your comment. I am a happy to see that they actually released black ones to within the 19K collection... So I hope that mine is one of those. I put a post more in this thread with the number from my receipt, hoping that it is possible to verify. I also need to know if the hardware is ruthenium (shiny) og silver. I asked the person who sold the bag to me if it could be ruthenium but she said it wouldn't be that shiny if it was... but then again I have seen shiny ruthenium - so perhaps this might be that?

The last five digits of your style code...94305 are Chanel's standard reference for the color "black"

Ah ok! Thanks a lot for enlightening me. This is very useful :smile: Is it also possible to tell which hardware it is from the style code? I am not sure if this is silver or ruthenium (shiny)...

I am pretty sure this is (shiny) ruthenium...I believe B01571 is chevron/ruthenium.

FYI..you could call chanel customer service and give them the code and they should be able to confirm as well.