H Bag Raincoats

I remb seeing a pretty cool raincoat on Lutz's birkin. I think she got someone to custom it for her and it was pretty cheap! I cant seem to find the photo of it now thou.. Maybe she might wanna contribute =X

It's made from some sort of water-proof fabric, in the same design of a birkin bag. It's really cute!

Thanks, Felle. It took me some time to locate my previous post here: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-tpf-meetings/hong-kong-meetings-photos-406488-28.html#post12414577 ;)

I never use it because it doesn't do a good job of protecting the bag and the handles? Not in the least. Plus, the darn thing is heavy to carry around and cumbersome to get out of the package. Putting it back in the envelope - forget it!

I just tuck a plain old draw-string trash bag (new and clean, of course) in the bottom of each bag and use them when necessary, and then replace it with a new one. Works like a charm and protects the entire bag.

I have used mine once on a Kelly - there was a sudden downpour when I was walking to my car. I walked through Selfridges where there is an H concession. I felt really embarrassed to be honest - It drew so much attention to the bag despite all the SAs I passed knowing what it was.

Also, most people shopping around me did not have H bags and their bags were getting wet in the rain (Manchester often rains, lol). I looked silly as the only one protecting my bag. Of course I want to take care of it, but its clemence so may have been ok without the raincoat, especially as it does not protect the handles or base, and a sudden gust of wind makes it fly up, so it becomes pointless. JMO!

I have never used mine on any of my bags.......I could not even tell you what the raincoat looks like......mine are all sealed up still :biggrin:

I usually avoid carrying my H bags if there is going to be really bad weather......if I am carrying a togo bag, I don't mind if it just gets sprinkled on a little.

Hi H fans,

1) I found that my Kelly’s lock is lost during a recent trip, do you have any experience of ordering a replacement? How much will it cost?

2) I messed up my raincoats for bags, now I am totally lost of the sizes of them, can anyone tell me what’s the size of raincoats for K32, B30, B32 and Lindy 30?

I think it would only make sense to get the lock and keys together as you do realise it comes as a set and wouldn't work otherwise. Any boutique can order a set for you. The raincoat sizes are somewhere in the reference threads. I would suggest a search as I am totally useless at this kind of thing.

Hi periogirl28, thanks a lot for your reply. Did a search through the forum earlier and didn’t find the sizes, will try again. thanks for point out the sub-column.

Hm, I thought most owners if not all actually kept the key and lock together per the way they were received from H store, hence I didn’t have to emphasise the key was lost too...but possibly my post was confusing to many. And yes, both my lock and key were lost, at the same time. As a result I am look for a replacement set.

I think it would only make sense to get the lock and keys together as you do realise it comes as a set and wouldn't work otherwise. Any boutique can order a set for you. The raincoat sizes are somewhere in the reference threads. I would suggest a search as I am totally useless at this kind of thing.

Reactions: periogirl28
Hi H fans,

1) I found that my Kelly’s lock is lost during a recent trip, do you have any experience of ordering a replacement? How much will it cost?

2) I messed up my raincoats for bags, now I am totally lost of the sizes of them, can anyone tell me what’s the size of raincoats for K32, B30, B32 and Lindy 30?

I can help you out with some of the raincoats. Size 3 for B30 and size 5 for B35 (typo in your post). The rest you are able to figure out, because the Lindy has a completely different shape than the K32. Good luck!

Reactions: Lovebb12
Thank you so much for your help! I sort of guess 3 was for B30, but then I got a # 2 in my box of B30?! Not sure if I put the wrong size there or it was the origin...;(

I didn’t realised sizes of raincoats were not the same, hence broke one or two in a drizzle day. But I will try harder and thank you so much!!!

yes it was a typo, I meant B35, spot on!

- it was weird that when I got my B35 I only realised there wasn’t a raincoat in the box and asked for it the next day, I thought I got a size 8 ( not sure ) for it and after a recent holiday trying to decide which bags to take my messed up the raincoats completely. Thanks again for your help!!!

I can help you out with some of the raincoats. Size 3 for B30 and size 5 for B35 (typo in your post). The rest you are able to figure out, because the Lindy has a completely different shape than the K32. Good luck!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your help! I sort of guess 3 was for B30, but then I got a # 2 in my box of B30?! Not sure if I put the wrong size there or it was the origin...;(

I didn’t realised sizes of raincoats were not the same, hence broke one or two in a drizzle day. But I will try harder and thank you so much!!!

yes it was a typo, I meant B35, spot on!

- it was weird that when I got my B35 I only realised there wasn’t a raincoat in the box and asked for it the next day, I thought I got a size 8 ( not sure ) for it and after a recent holiday trying to decide which bags to take my messed up the raincoats completely. Thanks again for your help!!!

The mystery thickens, because #2 is for K28 both returnée and sellier...I have no idea what #8 is for :smile:

Reactions: Lovebb12
Hi all,

I am moving and messed up my Hermès rain covers. Now I know number 3 comes with a k25 because this was stuffed inside when I picked my Kelly from the spa yesterday.
But would love it if you could share which bags came with which rain cover to help me out.

I have loads of size 3 a few of size 5 and and just 2 of size 7.

06578BE8-7C66-4B25-A154-A87C5307E605.jpeg