Is this a defect, is this normal for this Chanel item?

R you focusing on the "scruff" at the extreme corner?
It's not that obvious really unless u scrutinise it.
If that's your concern.... then I would say. . is not 100% "normal" but it could happen. It's lambskin afterall, and that scruff possibly happened with the craftsman is trying to sew or fold a part of "stubborn" leather.
I wouldn't let it bother me coz it's really not obvious. I've seen worse conditioned bags being sold n well accepted by the buyer.

Reactions: Happywifehappylife
Hello,

can anybody here help me? Looks this workmanship normal ? Or is this a bad issue ? Don’t hope so. Please help me :smile:
It’s a m/l classic flap. I posed t(3 right and the left side. It’s on the opening flap
thank you

I have a m/l classic flap from 2008 and the lining leather doesn't go all around on both sides actually. The leather ends where yours does (in the one photo you are asking about) and is tucked under when it hits the edge to secure it.

So to me yours looks ok to me—it's a lovely bag wear her often!

Reactions: Happywifehappylife
Thank you all!
Ok then I will enjoy my bag now ☺️
I have a m/l classic flap from 2008 and the lining leather doesn't go all around on both sides actually. The leather ends where yours does (in the one photo you are asking about) and is tucked under when it hits the edge to secure it.

So to me yours looks ok to me—it's a lovely bag wear her often!

R you focusing on the "scruff" at the extreme corner?
It's not that obvious really unless u scrutinise it.
If that's your concern.... then I would say. . is not 100% "normal" but it could happen. It's lambskin afterall, and that scruff possibly happened with the craftsman is trying to sew or fold a part of "stubborn" leather.
I wouldn't let it bother me coz it's really not obvious. I've seen worse conditioned bags being sold n well accepted by the buyer.

yes that’s what I mean ;)

Reactions: MHLee
Don’t know if Chanel say it’s a damage or if they say that’s „normal“ ?!?

Really depends on the SA you approach.
Some "rare and honest" SA will admit the fault and take it back to the SM.
(my SA would probably do that coz she always makes sure i get a brand new piece especially if it's lambskin. she always advises me against display pieces unless it's hard to come by or i don't mind it)
Otherwise, most SAs ( speaking for past random experiences ) , they'll just say it's inevitable to come aross some imperfections and we should just accept it and there's nothing wrong with imperfections as the bags are hand stitched.

Reactions: Classy_Sam
I bought a pre-loved Black lambskin classic flap. As you can see the sides are uneven. As noted, one side has a horizontal crease where as the other is diagonal. I know this could just be due to natural wear and tear, but would this bother you? Are the sides normally identical when new?

C330-D19-C-4625-4-BA1-A3-EE-B51-B90-D61-FCD.jpg

9-C535-F10-DD6-B-495-E-A598-BA01-F546-C51-C.jpg

hopefully this helps, not sure what your asking exactly but I have an idea. I just got this CF 11/11
It's starting to bother me now lol, pls ignore the jungle in the background.
IMG_4527.JPG IMG_4528.JPG

Last edited: