2019 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Thanks! Yes, it’s a big pocket - my phone easily fits!
Because it’s vintage, and has some wear (bought it for a song) I don’t worry about it. I do need to take it In - somewhere :huh: - to have a few repairs to the strap and handle done. But I keep carrying it! :giggle:

Hrrmmm - was it the medium or the larger one?
I love the way this looks!
It was the medium (the large looked gigantic on me) but the weight still pulled my shoulder down in an uncomfy way. Then again, I have a "problem" shoulder. I'm sure it would be fine for pretty much everyone! Have you tried it IRL?

Reactions: Cookiefiend
I’ve been collecting for a lot of years, which was not an issue until we downsized massively, and its a chaos of bags...most are impossible to rotate and use right now, so i have to downsize. I really don’t have a system yet but i need one! What i’ve done so far....

1. Bags i dont love anymore. So i guess, so far, yes! Kon-Mari! If used, and resale is under $80-100 i donated them. I have too many to sell, so better to purge. New with tags, sold/selling on ebay and gave some to friends.
2. This is where i am at now. I need to pull bags that i still really like and sell at least 20-30 in the next few months.
3. Then i can really examine my collection, determine my needs etc. and sell more...i honestly don’t know how many bags i have right now. But i need to get it down to 50. And then maybe 40. And then a ‘one in, one out’ approach, to avoid getting back in this situation. :facepalm:

Thank you for asking, and this exercise helped me to focus my direction!:biggrin:
It sounds as though you have an excellent plan in place. Best of luck with it! :flowers:

View attachment 4566787 View attachment 4566788 View attachment 4566789 View attachment 4566790 Hope its ok to post my remaining Kate Spades from last weeks list.....I have a few more but they are on the selling block, and for now i am keeping the more whimsical bags.
Fantastic KS sets!
View attachment 4566793 View attachment 4566794
226 Reissue in calfskin. Very light and easy to carry, weather resistant also....my first Chanel and the one i would keep if i could only have one
Gorgeous Chanel collection. Your 226 is stunning. We’re 226 bag sisters - my black one has ruthenium HW. I agree with you, this is my favourite Chanel in my collection, too.

Reactions: jbags07
Thanks for the eye candy, MSD! I love the color of your Ferragamo Mimi. Such a happy pop of pink! And a terrific collection of Longchamps.

Funny story about Longchamp bags: DH and I just spent 5 says in San Francisco, and we brought 2 foldable Longchamp bags with us so that we wouldn't use bags from stores when we shopped. DH is well educated in Longchamp bags, since HE is the one who schleps them around when we shop together! So anyway, we were in our hotel elevator, a woman got on after us, and WHAT brand bag do you think she was carrying??? DH looked her right in the eye, and said "That's a very nice Longchamp bag." She about passed out that a GUY would be so tuned in! Then the three of us had a lovely chat about the virtues of Longchamp bags, until the elevator reached the ground floor. :biggrin:
This is such a great story! I hope you had a fun SF trip!

Reactions: ElainePG
I’ve been collecting for a lot of years, which was not an issue until we downsized massively, and its a chaos of bags...most are impossible to rotate and use right now, so i have to downsize. I really don’t have a system yet but i need one! What i’ve done so far....

1. Bags i dont love anymore. So i guess, so far, yes! Kon-Mari! If used, and resale is under $80-100 i donated them. I have too many to sell, so better to purge. New with tags, sold/selling on ebay and gave some to friends.
2. This is where i am at now. I need to pull bags that i still really like and sell at least 20-30 in the next few months.
3. Then i can really examine my collection, determine my needs etc. and sell more...i honestly don’t know how many bags i have right now. But i need to get it down to 50. And then maybe 40. And then a ‘one in, one out’ approach, to avoid getting back in this situation. :facepalm:

Thank you for asking, and this exercise helped me to focus my direction!:biggrin:
This is where quite a few of us were when we first joined this group. I still have a problem with buying new stuff, but lately I have been doing the buy one get two out if I can. I put a list on my phone by color of each bag I have. It kind of shocked me at first. Every time I use a bag I put a little mark next to it . Then when I realize a bag has not been used in a year , I force myself to try it or I sell it. I have not been using a bag because I thought with the leather it would probably be to heavy. I loved the gunmetal color so I pulled it out and fell back in love. When I dropped others off at consignment that one did not go.

Thanks for the eye candy, MSD! I love the color of your Ferragamo Mimi. Such a happy pop of pink! And a terrific collection of Longchamps.

Funny story about Longchamp bags: DH and I just spent 5 says in San Francisco, and we brought 2 foldable Longchamp bags with us so that we wouldn't use bags from stores when we shopped. DH is well educated in Longchamp bags, since HE is the one who schleps them around when we shop together! So anyway, we were in our hotel elevator, a woman got on after us, and WHAT brand bag do you think she was carrying??? DH looked her right in the eye, and said "That's a very nice Longchamp bag." She about passed out that a GUY would be so tuned in! Then the three of us had a lovely chat about the virtues of Longchamp bags, until the elevator reached the ground floor. :biggrin:
Cute Longchamp story Elaine! And your DH is a bag guy. :smile:

@ElainePG, your DH is braver than mine in revealing his handbag brand knowledge to strangers. My DH will only elbow jab me and whisper, “Check out that BV (or Louis)” or he’ll shoot me a knowing look.

This is where quite a few of us were when we first joined this group. I still have a problem with buying new stuff, but lately I have been doing the buy one get two out if I can. I put a list on my phone by color of each bag I have. It kind of shocked me at first. Every time I use a bag I put a little mark next to it . Then when I realize a bag has not been used in a year , I force myself to try it or I sell it. I have not been using a bag because I thought with the leather it would probably be to heavy. I loved the gunmetal color so I pulled it out and fell back in love. When I dropped others off at consignment that one did not go.
Its good to know others were/are in similar position, since its so overwhelming :hrmm: And i keep buying lol, but it would be great to do one in two out like you are trying to do...thats awesome! And i love the list idea. I need to work on that. Its a great strategy, use it or sell it...i have to learn to let go....thats the tricky part! Thank you for sharing :flowers:

It was the medium (the large looked gigantic on me) but the weight still pulled my shoulder down in an uncomfy way. Then again, I have a "problem" shoulder. I'm sure it would be fine for pretty much everyone! Have you tried it IRL?
I think the medium looks like a good size - and the one I'm most interested in.
Nope - haven't tried it in real life! When we were in Chicago I did see the store though and mentioned it, but Mr Cookie was on a mission (unbeknownst to me) - Lunch and Hermes.
Who was I to argue with that? :giggle: