Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macarons!
Yummy! :drool:

“When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.” - Benjamin Franklin
H 20
View attachment 4566720
You leave me thirsting for this...

Acte III won the lottery for today’s outing—bananas came home with us, but they are camera shy, like the peek-a-boo moon.
View attachment 4566873
For you, from the edible garden...
Had to crouch in an awkward position to get this pic. Startled the neighbour's cat :lol:
PicsArt_10-17-08.29.51.jpg

Call me unromantic but I like flowers which I can .... EAT :P
I showed you my blue scarves and my blue edible flowers during blue week.
Now for my favourite Lotus hotpot in Taipei, DH's lotus in our balcony, and some lotus scarves.
View attachment 4567022

That Feel is so glorious! (And so are the live ones on the balcony!)

I neeeeeed that bag!
DH will face-palm. He went to a Patek Philippe exhibition last week and was sending me pics of non-watch items they made. I messaged back, "Oh, that's an etui, and that's a chatelaine." :P
:giggle:
i'm French and i don't know what a chatelaine is (apart from a lady owning a castle) ?! so you can say your French is better than mine !

Chichi and Chouchou are some kind of donuts that are usually sold on beaches by street vendors in summer. Very fat, very sweet : the taste of holidays!

Oh cool, thank you! In French class we learned that "chou" meant cabbage, and then that "petit chou" was an endearment, so we spent the rest of the day calling each other "my little cabbage" and giggling.

The interwebs tell me that "chou" also came to mean a small round pastry, and "petit chou" derived from there, which, uh, makes a lot more sense. :smartass:

:giggle:
i'm French and i don't know what a chatelaine is (apart from a lady owning a castle) ?! so you can say your French is better than mine !

Ooh, I know! It was how she held the castle's keys, which morphed into jewelry from which useful small things hung. This web site says it better, and has cool pictures: http://rookskillcastle.com/2015/12/the-chatelaine/

(I am a fount of mostly-useless knowledge, sorry!)

Bunny, bunny, bunny - those aren't ice cream, those are döner! A short obituary for the Turkish-German inventor of döner kebab here: https://www.thelocal.de/20090122/16943 and pics of the huge meat cones they shave the meat off of, which the scarf shows in (and on top of!) the shop here: http://kculvertechberlin.blogspot.com/2010/07/doner-kebab.html

Warning for vegetarians - yes, that's a lot of meat in those pics.

Also, despite the tone of the articles above, döner is perfectly tasty while eaten sober. :lol:

Meat cones! https://www.alamy.com/greek-gyros-s...e-focus-and-vintage-style-image187396615.html

Just, you know, don't call them gyros to a Turkish person or döner to a Greek person. :doh:

The cheap version, only consumed by the very drunk or by those who should have known better, is made from minced meat and drowned in horrible dressing - the upmarket one is from skinny cuts of meat tightly compressed in a turning skewer, served with a salad and a proper dressing.
It was seriously too warm to wear a scarf at the night market tonight. I stopped to take a pic of the doner meat cones. DH of course thought that I'd gone bonkers - he was zeroing in on the vadai (Indian savoury fried donut). Let's just pretend that I'm there with Animapolis :amuse:
PicsArt_10-17-10.28.59.jpg

One of the best foods.....Sweets!
La Patisserie Francaise
Still waiting for the cw I want... It's such a delicious scarf!

Oh cool, thank you! In French class we learned that "chou" meant cabbage, and then that "petit chou" was an endearment, so we spent the rest of the day calling each other "my little cabbage" and giggling.

The interwebs tell me that "chou" also came to mean a small round pastry, and "petit chou" derived from there, which, uh, makes a lot more sense. :smartass:
That’s right as in chou à la crème.. i don’t know if that’s why we call something cute « chou » though
We also would call a sweet girl « ma puce » which translates as a flea and nobody pictures a flea when using that expression
(Sorry for being out of topic !)

Axis Mundi yesterday. With food for people (and goats):

View attachment 4566590

View attachment 4566591

And Bains d'H:

I'm going with Hot Dog Man and The Chef on this one, while eating my own (meat free) quickie breakfast sausage link before going out for a walk....

View attachment 4566593
View attachment 4566594
View attachment 4566592

Both gorgeous but I am so attracted to that green. It looks like Bambou. :heart: (I absolutely adore that color and have not one H thing in it. How can that be :confused1: I resolve to rectify this problem. :smile:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.