Scarves Scarf Ring Thread

People seem to introduce scarf ring questions on many threads. I have renamed this thread in the hope that all those questions, answers, new acquisitions and chat about scarf rings can go here.

Scarf ring wanters and wearers please feel free to contribute.

This notice will only be stacked temporarily

Have any of you had any experiences with scarf rings causing pulls in your scarves?

I've been considering buying a scarf ring to wear with my (gasp!) vintage Ferragamo silk scarves which are similar to Hermes' ones in weight. But I'm worried about it causing pulls.

Because of the pulls concern I've been considering buying a Hermes scarf ring (because surely they don't have any interior rough edges, right?). After reading this thread I'll probably buy a MaiTai one first to give rings a try. But I would appreciate any insight.
I have the Hermes Bolduc Scarf ring in permabrass. It is a beautiful piece and perfect for the 90cm carre. Very smooth and it is designed with great detail. There is no chance my scarves will snag on this ring. The detailing is that of the Hermes ribbon used in packaging. I love the fact that it has a little weight to it, as it helps control my scarf in windy weather. Permabrass is a light gold tone and not as bright as the gold hardware on the bags. It is my favorite Hermes bag hardware metal. You should go in and try a few rings out. My next scarf ring purchase will be the Trio GM for use with my 90cm carres as well as cashmere silk shawls.

Last edited:
Something different. This is one of my heaviest scarf rings, made from the handle of a silver spoon. I use it with 90s and 140s. It's about equivalent to a size 10 finger ring, and the double coil means that it really stays put all day.
View attachment 4566198

It's very nice but we must stick to Hermes scarf rings on this thread, TY

Reactions: xincinsin
just bought my first hermes! It is en route from Paris via a friend. Now I’m on a hunt for a scarf ring. Before I commit, I’m thinking about buying a non brand one to play with. Anyone has recommendation? I’m looking for similar design as trio ring so I can wear like this in pic although the pic is not what I bought. Btw I got 140cm silk.

You'd be better off asking in the Wardrobe > accessories forum. Only H on here please

Something different. This is one of my heaviest scarf rings, made from the handle of a silver spoon. I use it with 90s and 140s. It's about equivalent to a size 10 finger ring, and the double coil means that it really stays put all day.
View attachment 4566198
I like this handle and that hook end that further secures the scarf!..clever!:flowers:

Erm...separate note. I am Puzzled about this thread being only about H scarf rings...(my brain is fried) Is there another thread showing how to tie with scarf rings? Many people posted about MaiTai rings. I just reread this thread and This thread does mention MaiTai rings:confused1:

Hello scarfies,

I'm planning to get my first scarf ring -- most likely a Chaine d'Ancre in permabrass and/or a horn one from elsewhere because it looks to be simple enough to use.

I'm also eyeing the Trio and Odyssee scarf rings but I'm not sure what size I would go for. I have a few silk 90s and one CSGM 140. I probably won't be able to visit a physical store anytime soon so I was wondering if anyone here with either the Trio or Odyssee who can comment what size scarves they can hold.

Will the larger version Trio and Odyssee be able to hold 90s? Will the smaller versions fit CSGMs? Should I get the smaller versions if I want to wear them with 90s? Ideally I'd like to be able to get 1 size scarf ring for both 90s and CSGMs so I'm leaning towards the larger size. But of course, I don't want them to fall off if they're too big. :lol:

Reactions: lifegetsbetterwithh
Recently, I saw this nice scarf ring called “Eperon” on a reseller’s site...
Please see attached pic:
095DC96A-27CF-4F93-B915-D0C597EEE873.jpeg
I was wondering if this scarf ring is an old design that has been discontinued? Or is it still available in the store? I cannot find it on Hermes.com.... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: celebrationfl
Hello scarfies,

I'm planning to get my first scarf ring -- most likely a Chaine d'Ancre in permabrass and/or a horn one from elsewhere because it looks to be simple enough to use.

I'm also eyeing the Trio and Odyssee scarf rings but I'm not sure what size I would go for. I have a few silk 90s and one CSGM 140. I probably won't be able to visit a physical store anytime soon so I was wondering if anyone here with either the Trio or Odyssee who can comment what size scarves they can hold.

Will the larger version Trio and Odyssee be able to hold 90s? Will the smaller versions fit CSGMs? Should I get the smaller versions if I want to wear them with 90s? Ideally I'd like to be able to get 1 size scarf ring for both 90s and CSGMs so I'm leaning towards the larger size. But of course, I don't want them to fall off if they're too big. :lol:

Not sure if you are still trying to decide on a size of the Trio ring, so I'll respond here! There are two sizes of Trio ring - the smaller of the two rings is made for 90s and the larger size of the Trio ring is made for CSGMs. I would imagine that the silk 140s would also be a good fit for the larger Trio size. I got both in Paris last year, but must confess that I've not yet worn either. I am rather knot challenged and have many H scarf rings, as well as a few others including MaiTai's rings which are great.

Reactions: USCGirlie
Recently, I saw this nice scarf ring called “Eperon” on a reseller’s site...
Please see attached pic:
View attachment 4625991
I was wondering if this scarf ring is an old design that has been discontinued? Or is it still available in the store? I cannot find it on Hermes.com.... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've never seen it in-store, and occasionally second hand, but for information on how it can be worn check out cherrybjpn on Instagram. She uses this scarf ring especially to create looks with pleat-folded 90’s (not plisses, you’ll see what I mean).