Chanel Prices and Stock in PARIS and other Chanel in Paris questions!

So if you are from US but about to go to Italy, you can’t get duty free Chanel at CDG airport??

The thread below will have a lot of answers to your questions re: Chanel at CDG, but if you are flying from CDG to Italy you likely won’t even fly out of a Terminal 2E, Gate K where the Chanel is located since that gate is reserved for flights with destinations outside the EU. CDG is an enormous airport and getting from terminal to terminal or even gate to gate takes a lot of time and there are separate security entrances to each gate where you have to show your boarding pass. Sometimes security will let you through if you have a boarding pass for a different gate and explain you want to shop at T2E, Gate K, but even then I don’t believe the shops can sell to you duty free if your boarding pass has a destination within the EU.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/chanel-at-cdg-t2e.889257/

Hi all,

I was looking to book tickets to Paris at the end of this year or early next year 2020, does anyone know if Chanel or other designers like Dior do sales and when in Paris? Does it include bags, shoes, and jewlery? Any experience shopping sales in Paris for designers like Chanel/Dior/Hermes? Are these sales public or private only? Is Paris the best place to purchase Chanel price-wise and tax-wise (do they do full tax refund?)

Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Plus Sized Luxury
Hi everyone, I'm going to Paris in the 1st week of November. I reside in the UK but hold non-EU passport. Is it cheaper to buy classic flap M/L in Paris or London considering I don't get any VAT off in both places. Really confused with this...

Hi everyone, I'm going to Paris in the 1st week of November. I reside in the UK but hold non-EU passport. Is it cheaper to buy classic flap M/L in Paris or London considering I don't get any VAT off in both places. Really confused with this...

I guess it depends what your main currency is. I also live in the UK and because the £ to the euro/USD is so poor at the moment buying anything in Euros or USD or basically any other currency is a really bad deal at the moment. It's great for people visiting the UK, but the other way round is probably the worst exchange rate at the moment. If your bank account is in pounds then buying in the UK is your best option

I guess it depends what your main currency is. I also live in the UK and because the £ to the euro/USD is so poor at the moment buying anything in Euros or USD or basically any other currency is a really bad deal at the moment. It's great for people visiting the UK, but the other way round is probably the worst exchange rate at the moment. If your bank account is in pounds then buying in the UK is your best option

Thank you so much that was very helpful

Hi all,

I was looking to book tickets to Paris at the end of this year or early next year 2020, does anyone know if Chanel or other designers like Dior do sales and when in Paris? Does it include bags, shoes, and jewlery? Any experience shopping sales in Paris for designers like Chanel/Dior/Hermes? Are these sales public or private only? Is Paris the best place to purchase Chanel price-wise and tax-wise (do they do full tax refund?)

Thank you!
"Les Soldes" aka the sales in Paris occur twice a year in January and in June. They usually begin the first week of January, and are scheduled to start January 8, 2020. Each designer/boutique has their own schedule so you aren't guaranteed to be there during the Chanel sale if you book your flights this early out. They *usually* start pretty close to the opening of "les soldes" and work in an incremental price deduction (start with 20-30% and continue decreasing the price throughout the month). Also, Hermes will have their twice yearly sale during this month as well (usually the beginning of week 3, january 18th ish) so that's something you may want to look into as well. Hope this helps!

"Les Soldes" aka the sales in Paris occur twice a year in January and in June. They usually begin the first week of January, and are scheduled to start January 8, 2020. Each designer/boutique has their own schedule so you aren't guaranteed to be there during the Chanel sale if you book your flights this early out. They *usually* start pretty close to the opening of "les soldes" and work in an incremental price deduction (start with 20-30% and continue decreasing the price throughout the month). Also, Hermes will have their twice yearly sale during this month as well (usually the beginning of week 3, january 18th ish) so that's something you may want to look into as well. Hope this helps!
^Super helpful, thanks so much!! Hoping I will make it there during the sale period, I booked my tickets to Paris starting the 8th :smile:

Do any others have experience purchasing during these sales? I'm coming from the US so not sure how tax refunds work (is it fully refunded or partially?) and whether these sales are public or private?

^Super helpful, thanks so much!! Hoping I will make it there during the sale period, I booked my tickets to Paris starting the 8th :smile:

Do any others have experience purchasing during these sales? I'm coming from the US so not sure how tax refunds work (is it fully refunded or partially?) and whether these sales are public or private?
I have purchased during the summer sales, in the middle of the sale season. There is a LOT of RTW and shoes, pretty good selection of sizes. Depending on the boutique you go to, the location is usually in the back or on the second floor (although I'm not sure that the Rue Cambon store does sales). Prices when I went were around 40-50% off, and they had some jewelry and accessories as well (scarves, gloves etc). The sales are public (except for the first day for some brands, like Hermes) but sometimes you'll have to ask if they have specific things on sale (i.e. earrings). As for the VAT, you get a form when you're paying and the % back depends on the amount spent (more $ money, higher % VAT back). It is usually between 10-14%. Also, depending on if you get it back on your card vs direct cash and if you use a service at the airport, that % will be less. I shop in Europe around 3 times a year and find the VAT refund to be around 11-12.5% most of the time.

I will be staying in Paris from Friday to Tuesday end of Nov., I've been wondering which day of the week I may have a bigger chance to get a classic flap m/l. Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated : )