Layering necklaces

I voted rose gold with diamonds. I agree that it should be a different length, but close in length to the other necklace....like an inch.

Me too! I like to go through Ariel Gordon's look book from time to time just to check out the layering of jewelry.

Attachments

• yhst-78366699144486_2192_192209009.jpg
    yhst-78366699144486_2192_192209009.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 2,012
  • yh1.jpg
    yh1.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 544
  • yh2.jpg
    yh2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 472
  • yh3.jpg
    yh3.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 1,702
  • yh4.jpg
    yh4.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 482
I get bored with jewelry so I try to mix things up. You may already own a necklace that you can layer. I bought a long pearl tin cup (first pic) that can be layered with a lot of necklaces. Roberto Coin "Tiny Treasures" are a good necklace to use for layering. Don't be afraid to experiment!
Tin cup pearl and custom diamond necklace.
TN with RC amethyst necklace.
Pearls.jpg
RC amethyst cone.jpg

I always find it is best to experiment. Lay all of your necklaces out and when you think you have found a complimenting set try it on! It always seems to work for me and you can find so many combinations you would never have thought of!

Reactions: tealocean
What do people think about layering necklaces with different colored metals and/or period styles? I have a bvlgari b zero in white gold and pave diamonds, but all my other necklaces are yellow gold in Byzantine / ancient Mediterranean style (that's where my family is from). Is it still considered a faux pas to mix these?

What do people think about layering necklaces with different colored metals and/or period styles? I have a bvlgari b zero in white gold and pave diamonds, but all my other necklaces are yellow gold in Byzantine / ancient Mediterranean style (that's where my family is from). Is it still considered a faux pas to mix these?

I don’t think it’s a faux pas to mix metals. If you it, go for it!