A tale of two knots....

I first would reach out to your seller to discuss the issues pictured.
Personally would send the bag to Modern to clean it up "professionally" & send the bill to the
seller because the listing states pristine like new.. I don't think you should have to clean
up a pristine bag, IYKWIM & with a slash/cut that just doesn't fly with me.
Either it is oversight that the seller really didn't inspect it up close & personal to feel the stickiness
or their definition of pristine is very different for yours & mine.
Good luck!
Thank you so much :smile: I just called Modern, and unfortunately, the knot cannot be cleaned or even saved. He told me the knot is breaking down from improper storage, and he considers it to be a ‘damaged bag’. Sigh.

I will contact the seller once i finish typing this. I hope it is just an oversight! Its pretty obvious though, plus the adhesive residue and the tear....now that i’ve made my decision tho, i want another origami knot! Let the stalking begin :biggrin: And if anyone sees a black one in excellent condition no issues, send me a convo!

Reactions: jbags07
Beyond stunning! This is such a special occasion piece.. welcome to the limited edition origami collective, and congratulations to you!!

The advice about cleaning/getting rid of stickiness is perfect. The only other thing I should say is- get ready for people to stop and ask about/to touch this clutch! Happens every time I wear mine :biggrin:
Thank you! But based on what Modern Leather told me, its not cleanable. Will continue to deteriorate :hrmm: So unfortunately it will be going back....

Thank you so much :smile: I just called Modern, and unfortunately, the knot cannot be cleaned or even saved. He told me the knot is breaking down from improper storage, and he considers it to be a ‘damaged bag’...
I am so sorry to hear this - while I don't always agree with Tony (the owner at Modern) he knows his stuff, and if he says this is bad, it's bad. So sorry that the seller did this - I'm finding more and more sellers are just not honorable!!!
At least you got to hold the Precious in your hand, and know what it's going to be like once you find your very own.

Thank you so much :smile: I just called Modern, and unfortunately, the knot cannot be cleaned or even saved. He told me the knot is breaking down from improper storage, and he considers it to be a ‘damaged bag’. Sigh.

I will contact the seller once i finish typing this. I hope it is just an oversight! Its pretty obvious though, plus the adhesive residue and the tear....now that i’ve made my decision tho, i want another origami knot! Let the stalking begin :biggrin: And if anyone sees a black one in excellent condition no issues, send me a convo!

I will share this thought with you. This particular origami knot was available in black as well as a vanilla color.
Many of the lighter shade knots that I have seen on the secondary will have various degrees of discoloration.
Keep looking.. a black one will come your way in the condition that you would want
As many of us know condition is subjective but when the word pristine is used, pristine it should be!!

I will share this thought with you. This particular origami knot was available in black as well as a vanilla color.
Many of the lighter shade knots that I have seen on the secondary will have various degrees of discoloration.
Keep looking.. a black one will come your way in the condition that you would want
As many of us know condition is subjective but when the word pristine is used, pristine it should be!!
Thank you :biggrin: I will have patience! I would rather wait and have one that is in fabulous condition, than settle. Pristine, however, should mean near perfect! And there were a handful of issues apart from the stickiness...lots of brown adhesive residue alk over the folds, and that tear in one if them, along with some loose threads...

I am so sorry to hear this - while I don't always agree with Tony (the owner at Modern) he knows his stuff, and if he says this is bad, it's bad. So sorry that the seller did this - I'm finding more and more sellers are just not honorable!!!
At least you got to hold the Precious in your hand, and know what it's going to be like once you find your very own.

Thank you :smile: I was super excited and it was disheartening. You can see in my above reply to @Love Of My Life there were several issues , yet the bag was listed as pristine. The seller is taking it back no problem, and i am giving her the benefit of the doubt, but i agree with you that a lot of sellers today seem to list their items without disclosing issues, hoping the issues go unnoticed. My generation is used to, and understands what quality is. I do think that some folks today accept lower quality, and that emboldens some sellers. IMO, that is.

And on a positive note, i did hold this spectacular knot in my hand, and i am fully in love with her! And she will be worth the wait when i find one in beautiful condition.

Last edited:
Beyond stunning! This is such a special occasion piece.. welcome to the limited edition origami collective, and congratulations to you!!

The advice about cleaning/getting rid of stickiness is perfect. The only other thing I should say is- get ready for people to stop and ask about/to touch this clutch! Happens every time I wear mine :biggrin:

Thank you! But based on what Modern Leather told me, its not cleanable. Will continue to deteriorate :hrmm: So unfortunately it will be going back....
Oh, damn. Sorry to hear this one didn’t work out. I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for you :smile: