All Things PEEKABOO - post pics, ask questions and chat here!

Hi everyone! Do you think the Peekaboo will stay? I really love the simplicity of it and thinking of getting one for work. But I don't see it on other online retailers anymore, does it mean it's beginning to phase out?

Hi all! I’m new to Fendi. I noticed that on the mini peekaboo, most of the front rectangle plate are placed lower near the stitch fold, but I noticed few of them are placed far up from the stitch. Is this just something that Fendi not consistent about? Or is it depending on what year and what colour? TIA!

624FEB14-4064-47B3-97BE-F8C9D6953A9A.jpeg

06A961AE-A9E7-46F1-A302-F8390DE5BF31.jpeg

Hi all! I’m new to Fendi. I noticed that on the mini peekaboo, most of the front rectangle plate are placed lower near the stitch fold, but I noticed few of them are placed far up from the stitch. Is this just something that Fendi not consistent about? Or is it depending on what year and what colour? TIA!

View attachment 4555436

View attachment 4555446
Not sure if this is related to the material or the individual that made the bag. My bag a mini selleria looks closer to the grey one vs the napa one above. I also think it may be how the photo or angle was taken. In person I have not noticed a huge difference in the positioning.

Reactions: lxrac
Not sure if this is related to the material or the individual that made the bag. My bag a mini selleria looks closer to the grey one vs the napa one above. I also think it may be how the photo or angle was taken. In person I have not noticed a huge difference in the positioning.

I believe it is just the positioning of the camera. But I agree these bags are handmade, they are predisposed to misalignments and deviations

Reactions: averagejoe
I had bought the same one from her before, and when the package arrived, it wasn’t just feeling right. I thought I was buying a legit bag from Fendi through her, but the hardware was wrapped in blue clear tape, and the leather has very distinct smell. I thought it was very weird, so I examined inside for the serial number, and it was hollow!? What!? Hmm and then I checked the booklet it came with and found QR code, so I quickly scanned it and it took to open WeChat app which is a messaging app mainly used by Chinese people. This just made me wonder if the bag was made in China... I’m not sure.

My instinct told me something wasn’t right, so I DMed her and asked her about the serial number to which she replied pretty much the same like it’s a sample bag blah blah blahh. I just told her that I wanted a refund and she did. I will never buy this particular bag again. It’s a $2,700 dollars bag and is only sample bag. Why would I want to pay a sample bag so much that I can just buy a bag that comes straight from the store without any doubts of authenticity. What if I need a repair, will Fendi deem it as an authentic bag and repair for me?

Sorry for this message, but I really want to share my experience with you after reading your posts.

I know that china makes excellent fakes, that when u bring those fakes to the boutiques, they can pass off as real. I've seen a fake bags reseller bragged that she carried a fake chanel to chanel boutique and she wasnt caught.

The most epic story is that she sold a fake loewe puzzle to a customer, and the customer sent a testimony to her... that she spilled cough syrup inside the bag, and then she sent her fake puzzle bag to loewe boutique to get it cleaned. The loewe boutique took the bag and did a spa for her so be careful..
I've followed this seller posts on instagram, she sells almost all brands frm ysl, chanel, fendi, dior and even hermes (many of her customers also reported that they brought their fake birkins n kellys to hermes boutique and all passed off as real)

Reactions: missie1
I believe it is just the positioning of the camera. But I agree these bags are handmade, they are predisposed to misalignments and deviations

I recently just got a selleria mini peekaboo. When i was deciding on the colour and leather, i've noticed that almost all of them are positioned very close to the stitching (about 2mm above the stitching), both the lamb and selleria at least. The one thing that bothered me though, was that the position of the rectangle plate was slightly slanted. Which i pointed out to the SA when she took out a few pieces for me to choose from. I told her that even at a glance, i already could tell that it was slightly slanted. I was deciding between a black and grey (both plates were slightly slanted too).. so when i finally decided on the black, i asked for a new piece, hoping that the plate wasnt slanted, which unfortunately was on one of the side. But i bought it anyway cause i really wanted the bag haha. The other SA told me that those bags are all handmade so it happens...

Last edited:
Has anybody seen this Peekaboo IRL yet? I've seen it online and in some European fashion magazines but haven't seen anybody out and about with one. I really like the black leather they're using -- has a sheen but isn't patent. A bit dressier than the norm.
https://www.fendi.com/ch/femme/sacs/peekaboo/p-8BN290A86TF0KUR
ME!! I just saw it last week and I was IN LOVE! I love the leather as well, it's def not patent and reminds me of something between aged calfskin by Chanel and patent. The pictures I took aren't great, but the bag looks stunning and expensive irl. I did note that it was just slightly heavier than the regular nappa mini peekaboos, perhaps due to the extra bit of gold hardware as well as the nature of the leather. Not significantly heavier but noticeable.
IMG_7627.JPG
IMG_7628.JPG

I recently just got a selleria mini peekaboo. When i was deciding on the colour and leather, i've noticed that almost all of them are positioned very close to the stitching (about 2mm above the stitching), both the lamb and selleria at least. The one thing that bothered me though, was that the position of the rectangle plate was slightly slanted. Which i pointed out to the SA when she took out a few pieces for me to choose from. I told her that even at a glance, i already could tell that it was slightly slanted. I was deciding between a black and grey (both plates were slightly slanted too).. so when i finally decided on the black, i asked for a new piece, hoping that the plate wasnt slanted, which unfortunately was on one of the side. But i bought it anyway cause i really wanted the bag haha. The other SA told me that those bags are all handmade so it happens...

Can you tell m how you are enjoying your mini peekaboo? I’m looking at it also in the Selleria black leather. Do you find it hard to open and get anything out of it? THX

Can anyone who owns the mini peekaboo in Selleria leather in black and the gunmetal grey colors if the entire inside of the bag is lined or is it just partially lined. I saw a black mini and it was partially lined in a dark tan, cognac color and I thought I saw a gunmetal color that was fully lined in a very light beige color. Trying to decide which color I want and if the bag is supposed to be entirely lined. THX

ME!! I just saw it last week and I was IN LOVE! I love the leather as well, it's def not patent and reminds me of something between aged calfskin by Chanel and patent. The pictures I took aren't great, but the bag looks stunning and expensive irl. I did note that it was just slightly heavier than the regular nappa mini peekaboos, perhaps due to the extra bit of gold hardware as well as the nature of the leather. Not significantly heavier but noticeable.
View attachment 4557809
View attachment 4557810

Thank you for posting these!! Very helpful! I am interested in the larger (regular) size rather than a mini, but the leather would be the same. It looks great, still very much considering this bag, I just wish it had feet.

I
Can anyone who owns the mini peekaboo in Selleria leather in black and the gunmetal grey colors if the entire inside of the bag is lined or is it just partially lined. I saw a black mini and it was partially lined in a dark tan, cognac color and I thought I saw a gunmetal color that was fully lined in a very light beige color. Trying to decide which color I want and if the bag is supposed to be entirely lined. THX

Was deciding on the black and gunmetal too!! But i went for the black in the end, and didnt regret it. Yes the black is partially lined.
So far ive been enjoying the bag and Its not that hard to open and get things out of the bag. However, if you wear it crossbody, it might get abit difficult to get things in and out on the side of the bag thats against your body. other than that, i m very very happy with the bag.
Update us on your decision :biggrin: