Seasonal Official Bottega Veneta Spring 2020 Thread - post pics & discuss here.

A couple more clutches. One DAISEY Bag in a wood finish and a.... uh.... large chunk of Obsidian? Amber?
Hmmm. Looks like someone is capitalizing on this Himalayan Sea Salt Lamp thing, huh?
BV Spring 2020 Bags41.jpg BV Spring 2020 Bags42.jpg BV Spring 2020 Bags43.jpg
*photos courtesy of: vogue.com

Reactions: OneMoreDay
Thanks S! I know it takes a lot of effort to post all this and even more so if you don’t love what you’re posting.

I thought the dresses were really nice. They had a lovely drape and ease to them and they were sexy but not in a tacky way. I don’t care for the shoes but I get the look against the clean simple lines of the dresses. The bags were what I expected — architectural and modern but also trendy and impractical. The slip clutch tote thing I liked best. I will say that it was rather nice to see bags that will likely be in boutiques instead of runway only/very limited styles.

Thanks S! I know it takes a lot of effort to post all this and even more so if you don’t love what you’re posting.
Ugh. I know, right? :lol:

I will say that it was rather nice to see bags that will likely be in boutiques instead of runway only/very limited styles.
*please note I am not arguing with you and I agree it's nice to see in advance what is for sure going to be hitting the stores eventually :flowers:
Technically, every single bag shown on the runway from Fall 2019 (as well as the Pre-Fall 2019 lookbook) is in boutiques or currently on the website. This is in stark contrast to what the SAs at Bottega Veneta first said after the Show last February. There was a lot of "Oh, these bags are just for the runway" type of thing. That proved to be incorrect, as all of them are now showing as available.
I'm going to guess it will be the same with the Resort and Spring 2020 bags.

So, here's my take on the collection for all the people who DGAF about my opinion :lol:
To be honest, I was expecting to see something new. Fresh, even. All I see is a rehash of Resort 2020. But on steroids.

This dress, is really just this sweater from Resort 2020 reworked.
BV Spring 2020 13.jpg BV Resort 2020 26.jpg

This Bag, is just a super sized version of this Resort 2020 bag that we haven't even really seen yet. They share the same Knot in front.
BV Spring 2020 24.jpg
BV Resort 2020 27.jpg

The shoes (mules) weren't really any different from last season. This season they are done in what I would call an ode to the Bombe treatment from 2008? and for Resort 2020 they were done in the giant intrecciato.
BV Spring 2020 Shoes02.jpg
BV Resort 2020 Details21.png

Lastly, this jacket has a similar cut as the one from Pre-Fall 2019. Something about it reminds me of what the ladies working the makeup counter wore in the 80s :lol:
BV Spring 2020 02.jpg
00008-bottega-veneta-milan-pre-fall-19-credit-bottega-veneta.jpg

The styling was boring. Normally I would say that plain models let the clothes speak for themselves, but what the clothes are saying to me, at least, is - schlump.

The menswear didn't look any different that his previous three seasons of menswear. I mean, Resort 2020 had a few good looks, but I dunno, maybe School Shooter Chic or Tragic Black-Sock-Wearing Hipster is de rigeur. I noticed that Daniel didn't come out wearing black leather shorts - just sayin'
I guess if Rihanna can pull off an over-over-sized baggy denim outfit, I guess it's okay for Bottega's men.
James Turlington tho.... :drool:

Reactions: couturequeen