Would you keep or exchange?

gottabuyit

Sep 13, 2019
Hi all, I'm new here. So glad to have found this community! Wondering if I could get some input -- would you keep of exchange this bag?

I got this Swagger 27 from the last outlet sale online. It was a pretty good price, I think under $200 after a price adjustment (had to call to get 25 percent when they put a new coupon code on the front page... It hasn't gone through on my credit card yet).

I like the bag, but it came with some scratches. I know glovetanned leather scratches easily, but it'd be nice if the bag didn't come pre-scratched.

I was considering asking for an exchange, but I'm wondering if it'll be worth it. The new one might be worse. And maybe I'm just being too picky. What do you think? Should I just live with it?IMG_20190921_120203.jpg IMG_20190921_120237.jpg IMG_20190921_120256.jpg
IMG_20190921_120505.jpg
IMG_20190921_120256.jpg IMG_20190921_120237.jpg

Reactions: Bag*Hound
Hi all, I'm new here. So glad to have found this community! Wondering if I could get some input -- would you keep of exchange this bag?

I got this Swagger 27 from the last outlet sale online. It was a pretty good price, I think under $200 after a price adjustment (had to call to get 25 percent when they put a new coupon code on the front page... It hasn't gone through on my credit card yet).

I like the bag, but it came with some scratches. I know glovetanned leather scratches easily, but it'd be nice if the bag didn't come pre-scratched.

I was considering asking for an exchange, but I'm wondering if it'll be worth it. The new one might be worse. And maybe I'm just being too picky. What do you think? Should I just live with it?View attachment 4545897 View attachment 4545896 View attachment 4545895
View attachment 4545894
View attachment 4545895 View attachment 4545896
It looks pretty beat up so I'd exchange. It's a really pretty color for fall. Hopefully you can get one in better condition.

Reactions: gottabuyit
With this coming from the outlet sales... sometimes you get a perfect bag, other times, not so great. There is no guaranteed that the next one may be better. The one you received seems to be a good bag, it looks like some of it still had the original packaging. You might risk an exchange and receive one of those bags that looks like its been thru hell. Have you tried using some leather conditioner on it? That usually does the trick.

Regardless of the discount, it’s what you feel comfortable with. If the scratches are going to bother you, try to exchange it (but know the risk). Or just return and save your money for another bag.

With this coming from the outlet sales... sometimes you get a perfect bag, other times, not so great. There is no guaranteed that the next one may be better. The one you received seems to be a good bag, it looks like some of it still had the original packaging. You might risk an exchange and receive one of those bags that looks like its been thru hell. Have you tried using some leather conditioner on it? That usually does the trick.

Regardless of the discount, it’s what you feel comfortable with. If the scratches are going to bother you, try to exchange it (but know the risk). Or just return and save your money for another bag.
I didn't try conditioner... the bag is already as UPS so I'll keep it in mind for the future. Thanks for the tip!

If it was me, I would look to exchange or refund the bag. I wouldn't be too happy that it has a lot of scratches. Although I recognise it is an outlet bag, you are still paying a lot for it. Do bear in mind that this leather will scuff and scratch easily, so it may pick up scratches in the future depending on how you treat your handbags.

Reactions: gottabuyit