Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

I had some pretty bad color transfer on my Lindy from my jeans so I took in to the spa. The whole process took around 8 weeks. The artisan managed to get most of the color out apart from one spot where the stain was especially bad - but overall, I'm satisfied with the results.

Wow this is amazing! What type of leather is this?
Thank you so much for sharing.

I never really took before/ after pix, but I have to say over the years I’ve taken my fair share of bags to spa. One thing really surprised me is how well toile spa’d! People in the know probably can DIY but I was too afraid to. My old gal had jeans color transfer like there was no tmr, but it came back brilliantly, to my utter surprise! The most “useless” leather to be spa, to me, was fjord and Ardennes, because they are so hard wear. I sent them to really fix a couple of corners, but the rest of the bag looked good to begin with. Surely they came back look like new (once again, they were almost perfect to begin with)! And box too! Sent a BBK back in the days to fix corners and it came back like brand new.

The other thing really surprised me, without being a leather expert, is how the reins REALLY refurbish well, and they last quite awhile. If a bag is used on a daily basis, def after a year or two it needs to be spa’d. I don’t quite know what the process is to “reglaze” (if that’s even how it’s called) the reins, but to me, the details like that is what makes the bag looks new or worn.

Great thread!!! Hope to see some amazing pix. :tup:

Yah, I'd rather leave it to Hermes too than to DIY an expensive piece - you never know what can go wrong and there is no going back lol.

Do you mind sharing how old is your box.. I always thought of getting a mini vintage box kelly but I still haven't seen one in an almost perfect condition. I'd love to see before and afters of Spa'd box leather.

View attachment 4540526
I made a deep scratch on my Ardennes leather bolide during overseas travel, I took it to H spa and after waiting for 2 months, when I took it back I could hardly find the scratch. They also made a general cleaning so the bag came home clean and fresh. I was very happy.

Looks like nothing ever happened - i'm amazed!
Thanks for sharing.

I sent a bag to spa 3 weeks ago but still haven't gotten the quote yet... Last time it took them one week to call me . How long did it take with yours ??

I took my vintage croc sometime in Feb'19 and completely forgot about it - and lost the receipt too *oops*.
I contacted the store recently and they told me they sent me quotes and I never replied; I never got their emails.
Long story short, I approved the quote last week and I haven't heard back from them regarding a timeline..:doh:

I took my vintage croc sometime in Feb'19 and completely forgot about it - and lost the receipt too *oops*.
I contacted the store recently and they told me they sent me quotes and I never replied; I never got their emails.
Long story short, I approved the quote last week and I haven't heard back from them regarding a timeline..:doh:
Around a week for them to provide a quote.
Thanks you all.. I should probably call them on Monday as I chose to be informed by email only.... Could be the same case like The.M !

Hi there, I'm a newbie to Hermes and somehow scuffed the edge of my Evie (clemence leather) :sad: :sad:. Help!!!
Is it possible to be repaired at all?!! I'm in Melbourne, Australia.

I read somewhere that Hermes can do repairs. Does it matter that the bag was a gift and therefore it won't have a record of the bag purchase on their system? (If Hermes repair is possible, does anyone know how much it may cost me?)

THANK YOU!

Attachments

• Ev.png
    Ev.png
    943.4 KB · Views: 849
There is an extensive thread on spa https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hermes-repair-refurbish-policy.7303/page-135 please do a search and ask questions there. In short, some does and most don’t, you should contact your local boutique to find out details and if receipt is needed. Good luck.

Hi there, I'm a newbie to Hermes and somehow scuffed the edge of my Evie (clemence leather) :sad: :sad:. Help!!!
Is it possible to be repaired at all?!! I'm in Melbourne, Australia.

I read somewhere that Hermes can do repairs. Does it matter that the bag was a gift and therefore it won't have a record of the bag purchase on their system? (If Hermes repair is possible, does anyone know how much it may cost me?)

THANK YOU!

Hi everyone,

has anyone experience with color loss on other areas than bottom corners? I am looking into a vintage box bag that has vertical color loss on the sides and potentially some on the body due to deeper scratches. Would Hermes recolor those areas as well?

TIA

Dropped off my B30 in London on 13th August, I received the quote 14th August and she was ready for collection 19th September. I had told them I’d like it back by November as going to Paris, but that was super quick! Not a lot needed doing, the main issue was the separation at the back of the handle. That was repaired along with most of the resin being redone from the feel of it (feels very slightly sticky), the end of the top flap needed it, a little bit on the handles and even the clochette. Corners look better too. I was only charged £75 and received a new dust bag!

7B8F305A-B028-4908-A754-90F569A3C89D.jpeg 325C47A9-992B-49C5-92C1-CB52F447ABA6.jpeg 82197887-FA7C-499B-8F81-B152C60E95A9.jpeg F622605F-D9F0-4B6E-A157-06ECCF870867.jpeg CD600405-F1E2-4BDD-B93B-71E52983C133.jpeg C87C8B76-7571-4404-8D2B-F9FA9BD1A707.jpeg

I have a Kelly and Birkin I wish to 'spa'. Nothing is really wrong with it, but after 9 years, the leather I think needs a rejuvenation as its stretched. Anyone with experience? Should I send to Hong Kong or Paris for repairs? I am in Paris in Jan 2020, and thought if I give to Hong Kong/China/Singapore store, it would be ready to pick up in Jan in Paris? Does anyone know if its less expensive to drop off in Paris, China, HK or Singapore? Will it be ready by Jan 2020 if I drop off now?

I purchased both in the Paris FSH store. Thanks ladies!

Hi everyone,

has anyone experience with color loss on other areas than bottom corners? I am looking into a vintage box bag that has vertical color loss on the sides and potentially some on the body due to deeper scratches. Would Hermes recolor those areas as well?

TIA

I have had scuffs on the sides recolored. Like all recoloring on areas that see wear, it is polish that eventually wears off. I'm fairly sure H would recolor a scuff anywhere that was so deep it showed color loss.

Just after anyone's experience - do you think the below photo (vintage Kelly with courchevel leather) could be restored/fixed?
That corner will never be the same, but it can be smoothed and polished over. Depending on how much you use the bag, the repair could last a while.

Reactions: Etriers