ENGAGEMENT RINGS! What does yours look like?

Thank you kindly chessmont! I’ve come to the conclusion I love cushions! Though I do still love the flowery OEC rounds and will miss my old one. I’m about a size 6-6.25 sometimes a 6.5 in the summer. (It’s a little tight on me right now but I couldn’t stand to send it for sizing yet!)
ooh tight rings really freak me out- one time I put on a wide band that was too tight and my finger started turning color like no blood flow! I was frantically lotioning and soaping it up and thinking in a few seconds I would need to call 911! Got the damn thing off. I like to wear my rings loose now! Just not loose enough to be able to shake it off my hand...

I wanted to share my (FINAL!- yes that's my final answer!) upgrade here with my TPF family. TPF has been a big part of my life the last 6 years, so it only makes sense to share here too!

It's been a LOOONG old road to a) find something that goes with my actual wedding band (yay!) and b) make up my mind and stop dividing my loyalties (and finances) between antique cuts and modern stones. So when I found this ring and finally figured out it was going to look great with my rarely worn wedding band, I got MrBcat's blessing and sold my other rings (and some scarves +1 purse!) to get it. :smile:

Some stats for the curious- She is a GIA graded M SI1 Old Mine Brilliant (old cuts won!) of 2.42cts measuring 8.19x8.49 in a platinum (modern) antique style setting.

The ring is currently a 5.5+ (and I am cramming it on my size 6+ finger for now! :lol: )

View attachment 4534221
View attachment 4534222
View attachment 4534223

Beautiful!! Congratulations on a final, and perfect upgrade!

I wanted to share my (FINAL!- yes that's my final answer!) upgrade here with my TPF family. TPF has been a big part of my life the last 6 years, so it only makes sense to share here too!

It's been a LOOONG old road to a) find something that goes with my actual wedding band (yay!) and b) make up my mind and stop dividing my loyalties (and finances) between antique cuts and modern stones. So when I found this ring and finally figured out it was going to look great with my rarely worn wedding band, I got MrBcat's blessing and sold my other rings (and some scarves +1 purse!) to get it. :smile:

Some stats for the curious- She is a GIA graded M SI1 Old Mine Brilliant (old cuts won!) of 2.42cts measuring 8.19x8.49 in a platinum (modern) antique style setting.

The ring is currently a 5.5+ (and I am cramming it on my size 6+ finger for now! :lol: )

View attachment 4534221
View attachment 4534222
View attachment 4534223

Wow! Congrats Bunnycat! This matches perfectly with your bands! I would have never known they weren't an original set:flowers:

E058C273-82DA-4067-8EAF-3E659CBFE184.jpeg
Unfortunately I haven’t been unable to wear my original wedding set for several years due to several hand surgeries. Back in 2017, we thought trying a different kind of setting might allow me to wear a wedding ring again.
7B829013-4D61-4035-A703-6385123A7957.jpeg
I found several rings that would work and had our Jeweler design a setting that incorporated everything I liked. We had my original diamond reset for our 25th Anniversary and then My DH had the wedding band made for me for Christmas.
E24CAA65-BB5B-4FA1-8A56-0D9B784EC8EE.jpeg

View attachment 4537760
Unfortunately I haven’t been unable to wear my original wedding set for several years due to several hand surgeries. Back in 2017, we thought trying a different kind of setting might allow me to wear a wedding ring again.
View attachment 4537769
I found several rings that would work and had our Jeweler design a setting that incorporated everything I liked. We had my original diamond reset for our 25th Anniversary and then My DH had the wedding band made for me for Christmas.
View attachment 4537770
Very cool!