In defense of Michael Kors

we're all entitled to express our opinions here. not nice to call other members "jokers"

Of course I do not mean to directly offend, as this response was not directed towards anybody in particular, but I will not hesitate to admit that I have absolutely no respect for people who look down on others simply for the brands they carry or like. People who think like that are in fact a joke, so "jokers" is the nicest term I could think of. It's upsetting in the first place because there are definitely people on this site who think they are better than others because of certain brands or bags or other items they have. I've seen it many times in different sections and threads of this site. That's unacceptable to me, I'm sorry if you do not feel the same.

That's a fair post, OP! I'm kind of sick of people in the luxury community who think hating on MK will make them seem 'controversial' and 'edgy.' Like, I'm into movies, tv shows & books and let me tell you: the people who are bashing Michael Kors are the exact same people who spent years whining about Twilight and Titanic. People try way too hard to look 'cool.' Like, grow up!

Whilst there are valid reasons for not liking the brand, I do think many people take it too far. Let me say: there is a difference between disliking a brand and being snobbish about it. It's fine to dislike any brand- MK or Louis Vuitton! Yet there reaches a point where you should reign in the hatred a bit. No brand is perfect, but neither are our attitudes, sometimes!

I don't hate Michael Kors, and I don't shop there because I think the items look bland. But to many, a Michael Kors bag represents their hard work, determination, etc. Or maybe it was a gift, and the bag represents their bond with another human being. Let's not be judgemental! The people I know who wear MK bags are extremely busy and social. They need a big bag to carry stuff, and if Kors bags do the job, then that's fine.

I'd like to do more research on Michael Kors Collection because I've only heard good things about it.

Hey great analogy between purse snobs and film snubs hehe. Especially because I adore movies and I think Movie snobs are quite Annoying and they also think Superhero movies not made by Nolan are garbage.

If something is popular is because of a reason and speaks to a lot of people. I was never a fan of twilight but some of my friends were and I do recognize it had a few good things. Starting with choosing the right actor for it.

But going to the bags I do love MK and all the other contemporary brands. I think MK and Tory Burch price point is a little too high but I still love those two a lot.

I think it’s much spending 4,000 dollars for a bag but if someone does it’s fine too. I wouldn’t but I don’t find find wrong if some women go for those. They are gorgeous bags but if you find something you like as much for a better price that’s even better.

Of course I do not mean to directly offend, as this response was not directed towards anybody in particular, but I will not hesitate to admit that I have absolutely no respect for people who look down on others simply for the brands they carry or like. People who think like that are in fact a joke, so "jokers" is the nicest term I could think of. It's upsetting in the first place because there are definitely people on this site who think they are better than others because of certain brands or bags or other items they have. I've seen it many times in different sections and threads of this site. That's unacceptable to me, I'm sorry if you do not feel the same.
well I don't carry LV or Hermes but to me seeing a brand Everywhere diminishes the value. That's my opinion and you have yours. I'm not a joker.

This thread is very amusing.

1. Michael by Michael Kors is a boring brand. Its overexposure and its struggle to control value have really diminished its appeal over the years (no one is willing to pay retail for a MMK bag these days, that’s just a fact). However, I think MMK offers decent handbag options for budget conscious buyers and I understand why it’s still popular.
2. The vast majority of films released in the United States is complete garbage meant to entertain the populace. It’s okay to be a snob! The cultural and intellectual level of this world seems lower than ever, and some revel in mediocrity. One famously said “I love the uneducated” before a cheering crowd! I’m proud to have standards: kill me.

This thread is very amusing.

1. Michael by Michael Kors is a boring brand. Its overexposure and its struggle to control value have really diminished its appeal over the years (no one is willing to pay retail for a MMK bag these days, that’s just a fact). However, I think MMK offers decent handbag options for budget conscious buyers and I understand why it’s still popular.
2. The vast majority of films released in the United States is complete garbage meant to entertain the populace. It’s okay to be a snob! The cultural and intellectual level of this world seems lower than ever, and some revel in mediocrity. One famously said “I love the uneducated” before a cheering crowd! I’m proud to have standards: kill me.

I think you are missing my point about film snobs. I'm not talking about people who dislike Twilight, but those who complain about the fans, and act as if they are more intellectual than others (because someones tastes in movies is a great indicator of intelligence, right? lol)

And no, it's never okay to act snobbish towards other people. No matter how 'uneducated' they are.

I think you are missing my point about film snobs. I'm not talking about people who dislike Twilight, but those who complain about the fans, and act as if they are more intellectual than others (because someones tastes in movies is a great indicator of intelligence, right? lol)

And no, it's never okay to act snobbish towards other people. No matter how 'uneducated' they are.

True. Let people enjoy what they like.
And strange but some people do feel smarter because they enjoy certain films or directors. Some films do require attention and have a faster dialogue and all around more complex but because it’s a complex movie doesn’t mean something like Avengers is bad.

Reactions: thepursenoob
hey everyone I made this post to defend this contemporary handbags brand

Sadly every luxury bags lover hate Michael Kors
Most say he is tacky, the logo all over the place and many claim bad quality.

About the Logo not all his bags are with logo, he has many which are just the color and the name in a small placate. In many of his bags he even abandoned the MK charm for a beautiful luck which says Michael Kors with small letters.

About the tacky stuff I think many contemporary brands a few items which don’t exactly scream good taste.

You go to an MK store or any apartment stores which carries Michael Kors and you find a big variety of purses. It goes from sporty, to formal, casual and a lot of bags which are perfect to take from day to night and also that same bag dress it up or down.
I think his quality is pretty good all MK bags have been in good conditions for two years or more.

While Michael by Michael Kors is not high end it has many other nice attributes to see.

I think that the people who constantly feel the need to vocalize their hate for MK the most, are the very ones who only buy designer goods based on the brand/name. Fendi, Gucci, LV are famous for their monogram bags and slg's, so I never understood the hate when more affordable designers do the same.

I think that the people who constantly feel the need to vocalize their hate for MK the most, are the very ones who only buy designer goods based on the brand/name. Fendi, Gucci, LV are famous for their monogram bags and slg's, so I never understood the hate when more affordable designers do the same.
I think some see a difference in the use of monogram or logo patterns when it's a modern creation (like it is the case with Michael Kors and other brands) vs. when it is a heritage element of the brand (Goyard, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, etc.).
Just guessing, of course.

Do pardon my rambling, this crap just is so amusing to me lol. Brands borrow other's styles, even make their own copies that are more affordable, because not everybody wants to blow $4000 on a leather bag that can only hold six lipsticks and one credit card, or cares about what other people think about what brands they carry. I will say that I do look down on people who are condescending towards brands like MK or Coach or Rebecca Minkoff or any of these contemporary brands. Carrying a $3000 luxury bag doesn't make you any more special or illustrious or important than a woman carrying a Kate Spade, or even a Target bag. They're sacks to carry our crap. Nobody should be getting their panties in a twist over anything to do with this stuff, when it comes to being offended that MK copied your bag's style so women of a lower income (or people who just don't want to spend five car payments on a bag) can carry it so it makes you or your bag look bad. Ridiculous.

And yet there you are.
Pot meet kettle

Reactions: Lejic
I don't hate MK bags but I think the market is oversaturated. As far as monogram or logo bags, I don't like any of the fabric bags of that type. To me the LV mono bags are also seen too much and I can't tell the difference between a real one and a fake.