The New Mila

Well, I (unsurprisingly) couldn’t resist!

The color is my favorite combination - a rich cognac with warm gold hardware - and something few houses seem to be doing right now. It seems most gold Hermès bags have palladium hardware and even my Cacao Alma from several years ago has silver.

Love the top handle, the leather lining, and the lock. I also like that you can totally customize the details - don’t like the clochette on a chain? Remove it. The side knots? They can be undone.

They have removed the black logo and this strap is just long enough for me to wear crossbody at 5’2”, and I could always add an extra hole or two for even more length.
So Beautiful. It is such an elegant bag. How long is the strap now?

No, no, your post got me excited to see the new colors and I was just glad there was both a pure rich true green and a blue-green. I can't wait to see them IRL! I do wish they also offered the gold in MM though.

Also, betterthanshoes, the color of your new bag is perfect. Was cognac the actual name of the color or does LV call it something else?
I would so love the Emeraude green, but the MM is a huge bag. I would compare it to an overnight size. I have the PM and it is a very generous size. I did a ‘what fits’ pic in the Milla Clubhouse. When are you going in to see them? So exciting.

The official color name is "Gold." My store also had the Laurier and the Colvert, as well as the Safran in the PM. All gorgeous!

The PM is much roomier than the dimensions suggest. I felt like the MM would be a great bag for work, whereas the PM is a great size for everyday, everything.

Congrats on your new bag it is lovely! Do you happen to notice if the Safran color still had the LV on the back of it since it was an older color? Trying to find out if they started making the Safran without it and with the longer strap. Thanks for your help!

Congrats on your new bag it is lovely! Do you happen to notice if the Safran color still had the LV on the back of it since it was an older color? Trying to find out if they started making the Safran without it and with the longer strap. Thanks for your help!

Meant to say front of bag instead of back :doh:

I understood

Pretty sure the Safran did not have the LV on it. I know this batch they have arrived the last week of September. And, in fact, I mentioned to my SA how happy I was they removed it and she acted surprised at my comment, almost like they had never had the first iteration of the bag. Also looks like the website shows the Safran without the LV.

Happy to put you in touch with my SA, she’s the best.

I understood

Pretty sure the Safran did not have the LV on it. I know this batch they have arrived the last week of September. And, in fact, I mentioned to my SA how happy I was they removed it and she acted surprised at my comment, almost like they had never had the first iteration of the bag. Also looks like the website shows the Safran without the LV.

Happy to put you in touch with my SA, she’s the best.

Thanks so much for all of your help and confirming! I actually have the 1st generation of the Safran, but never really loved that logo on the front. I bought it in Feb and still haven’t used it.

Reactions: vinbenphon1
I checked the milla pm in rose poudre out last weekend I really liked the bag. the one thing that disturbed me was, that the handles, the piping and the tag where more / different pink than the rest of the bag. is that normal? I could‘t see any differences in colors on the other millas they had displayed - only in the rose one....

The Safran colour is gorgeous. I would definitely get another Milla in the future as it is still my favourite go to bag. I haven't used the shoulder strap so can't say whether or not it is comfortable to carry this way. But I like the way it looks wiith the sides looking more relaxed, I think it gives the bag a better shape. At first I thought that a zipper opening would have been better, but I have got used to using the clip. It is also a very roomy bag without it looking bulky, which for me is great as I am a petite person. I also feel that it is a bag that most people would not associate with LV so I don't worry about carrying it on public transport or at the supermarket. :smile:
Hi vinbenphon! Could you give an update on your milla? Do you still love it? Does the leather age well or not so well? Would you say the Milla is suitable for an everyday bag? I cannot get the gold one out of my head, but I do not like to rotate my bags that much (I usually carry 3 bags in a week max) and I am a bit afraid of the wear and tear. Thanks a lot! :smile:

Hi vinbenphon! Could you give an update on your milla? Do you still love it? Does the leather age well or not so well? Would you say the Milla is suitable for an everyday bag? I cannot get the gold one out of my head, but I do not like to rotate my bags that much (I usually carry 3 bags in a week max) and I am a bit afraid of the wear and tear. Thanks a lot! :smile:
Omg yes. I think this bag is the bomb. I used it as my only bag for about 7 months before rotating into another one. The leather looks delicate but I feel it is very durable and holds it shape well and it holds quite a bit. If I could have a handbag collection do-over I would definitely include two Millas’ to use as an every day / work bag, a Capucines for the weekend and a pbc for evenings. That gold colour is beautiful.... Good luck EveyB

Omg yes. I think this bag is the bomb. I used it as my only bag for about 7 months before rotating into another one. The leather looks delicate but I feel it is very durable and holds it shape well and it holds quite a bit. If I could have a handbag collection do-over I would definitely include two Millas’ to use as an every day / work bag, a Capucines for the weekend and a pbc for evenings. That gold colour is beautiful.... Good luck EveyB
Thank you so much! :smile:
That sounds wonderful!

Reactions: vinbenphon1
Hi all! I have just read through this feed to get information on the Milla PM- i have NEVER seen this bag in person however i could not deny the aigue marine (seafoam) color. I was able to use the LV concierge to track it down and ordered it! For those of you that have the bag- what are your pros and cons? I saw the logo and two studs were removed from the bottom of the bag which i'm glad they did! my bag will be here monday- but would love to hear how the wear and tear is going

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1d0f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1d0f.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 119
Hi all! I have just read through this feed to get information on the Milla PM- i have NEVER seen this bag in person however i could not deny the aigue marine (seafoam) color. I was able to use the LV concierge to track it down and ordered it! For those of you that have the bag- what are your pros and cons? I saw the logo and two studs were removed from the bottom of the bag which i'm glad they did! my bag will be here monday- but would love to hear how the wear and tear is going
Wow congratulations! what a beautiful colour! I bought it in Noir not long ago but found it a bit too flashy with all the gold on the black, it also had the 2 gold studs on the bottom front (also partly guilt for spending that amount on a bag, over $6k in Australia)so returned. I see it does look better without them there.

There are so many beautiful colours! I'm sure you will love it, congrats!

Wow congratulations! what a beautiful colour! I bought it in Noir not long ago but found it a bit too flashy with all the gold on the black, it also had the 2 gold studs on the bottom front (also partly guilt for spending that amount on a bag, over $6k in Australia)so returned. I see it does look better without them there.

There are so many beautiful colours! I'm sure you will love it, congrats!
Im sure it was so stunning in the black with gold but i understand. I think this aqua marine color really compliments the gold hardware- i am SO glad they didn't do silver hardware on this particular color. Its my absolute favorite color in life so I HAD to have it. how did the bag feel when you bought it? The quality/weight/structure..etc?

Im sure it was so stunning in the black with gold but i understand. I think this aqua marine color really compliments the gold hardware- i am SO glad they didn't do silver hardware on this particular color. Its my absolute favorite color in life so I HAD to have it. how did the bag feel when you bought it? The quality/weight/structure..etc?
Oh it felt Amazing! I agree, the gold hardware is nicer. The leather is so thick and smells divine, just like my Capucines bb. I think it will be very sturdy. I love that you have the option to arm carry or shoulder wear. I think you’ll love it!