ENGAGEMENT RINGS! What does yours look like?

Hi! These just came in today and I couldn't wait to get an opinion. The top 5-stone ring is my engagement/wedding ring and I need something to go with it. We were broke grad students when we got married and planned to get a band to go with it or a solitaire one day. That was over 9 years ago, and I'm still not sure I'm a solitaire girl, but I love diamonds :graucho:. So I decided to go band shopping recently to try to get something to make more of a set, and it has been hard! Since this ring sits up a bit, it's hard to find a band with height that goes with it. Do y'all like either of these 2-ring combos, or should I keep both and wear all three like in the last photo? View attachment 4486153 View attachment 4486154 View attachment 4486157
I prefer the first photo with your 5-stone and the band... it’s beautiful and classic.

I prefer the first photo with your 5-stone and the band... it’s beautiful and classic.
Thank you! That's the combo that I went with :smile:. I like the thinner ring on its own too, so sometimes I wear the anniversary looking one on my right hand and the thin one as a wedding band. Maybe one year for a big anniversary we'll do something totally different, but for now I like my set.
My vote is for platinum as well! It looks great with your skin tone.

Reactions: Havanese 28
I wanted to share my (FINAL!- yes that's my final answer!) upgrade here with my TPF family. TPF has been a big part of my life the last 6 years, so it only makes sense to share here too!

It's been a LOOONG old road to a) find something that goes with my actual wedding band (yay!) and b) make up my mind and stop dividing my loyalties (and finances) between antique cuts and modern stones. So when I found this ring and finally figured out it was going to look great with my rarely worn wedding band, I got MrBcat's blessing and sold my other rings (and some scarves +1 purse!) to get it. :smile:

Some stats for the curious- She is a GIA graded M SI1 Old Mine Brilliant (old cuts won!) of 2.42cts measuring 8.19x8.49 in a platinum (modern) antique style setting.

The ring is currently a 5.5+ (and I am cramming it on my size 6+ finger for now! :lol: )

oecfacet2.jpg
OeCRLP.jpg
oecscarf.jpg

I wanted to share my (FINAL!- yes that's my final answer!) upgrade here with my TPF family. TPF has been a big part of my life the last 6 years, so it only makes sense to share here too!

It's been a LOOONG old road to a) find something that goes with my actual wedding band (yay!) and b) make up my mind and stop dividing my loyalties (and finances) between antique cuts and modern stones. So when I found this ring and finally figured out it was going to look great with my rarely worn wedding band, I got MrBcat's blessing and sold my other rings (and some scarves +1 purse!) to get it. :smile:

Some stats for the curious- She is a GIA graded M SI1 Old Mine Brilliant (old cuts won!) of 2.42cts measuring 8.19x8.49 in a platinum (modern) antique style setting.

The ring is currently a 5.5+ (and I am cramming it on my size 6+ finger for now! :lol: )

View attachment 4534221
View attachment 4534222
View attachment 4534223
Spectacular! I love the Old Mine cuts. You must have dainty fingers cuz that stone looks twice the size on you! Wear it in good health!

Reactions: bunnycat
Spectacular! I love the Old Mine cuts. You must have dainty fingers cuz that stone looks twice the size on you! Wear it in good health!

Thank you kindly chessmont! I’ve come to the conclusion I love cushions! Though I do still love the flowery OEC rounds and will miss my old one. I’m about a size 6-6.25 sometimes a 6.5 in the summer. (It’s a little tight on me right now but I couldn’t stand to send it for sizing yet!)

Reactions: chessmont

View attachment 4534221
View attachment 4534222
View attachment 4534223

❤️❤️❤️❤️ it’s so beautiful! Great choice!

View attachment 4534221
View attachment 4534222
View attachment 4534223
I am dying here.....omg......so beautiful!!!