Scarves Please help me pick a CSGM - Rose pour Alma or Jungle Love Tattoo?

Both are gorgeous but my vote is for the JL! You should really look around, though. I think that there is a current Peuple du Vent in a neutral CW and that is a great pattern all the way through. There was also a fairly recent Jaguar Quetzel in a neutral cw that still might be floating around! Have fun choosing and let us know what you come home with!

Reactions: Hermes Nuttynut
Thank you everyone for the responses so far! Keep them coming!

bunnycat and Croisette, you have especially given me something to think about that I hadn't considered before, and that's the fact that 99% of the time, I wear my CSGMs the exact same way that the model wears Alma. Sure I could experiment but I know that I will just default to my comfy way of tying most of the time. I'm only 5'1, so I feel like this is the only tie that doesn't overwhelm me in large volumes of cloth.

I actually love the way Alma looks on the model. It's classy, cozy and elegant. If I tie the JL the same way, however, the animals will be barely visible as bunnycat pointed out. The cats are indeed my favorite part of the design. I don't even like the little flowers crowding the borders, but they will be the most visible part when I tie the shawl like this.

I think I'm going to have to go to the store to try on the JL this weekend. Unfortunately I can't try the Alma in this cw but hopefully they'll have another cw available for me to compare.

Despite my love for the JL design, I’ve had it twice so far and sold it both times because I can’t see the cats. Maybe there are a few ways to tie the GM to see them better, but when I buy a scarf with cats as the focus...that means I want to see them! :lol:

Reactions: katriona
So I went to the store today to try the shawls. They didn't have the Alma in the cw that I wanted so I tried another cw, and I know the blue I like is still available online.

I think I'm actually going to settle on the Alma, despite all the votes for JL. It has a softness that I really loved. As bunnycat said, with JL the selling point is the cats but they disappeared when I tied the CSGM in my favorite way. All I saw was a random assortment of foliage. And tied in other ways, both the SA and I felt that the busy JL pattern overwhelmed my small frame.

The SA also preferred the Alma on me. Plus she said the JL is constantly reissued so I could always get one in the future, whereas the Alma will probably never be.

Here are the pictures! Unfortunately the Alma one came out blurry but still gives you an idea.

Thank you everyone for your replies!

Attachments

• 20190907_153643.jpg
    20190907_153643.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 20190907_153812.jpg
    20190907_153812.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 200
So I went to the store today to try the shawls. They didn't have the Alma in the cw that I wanted so I tried another cw, and I know the blue I like is still available online.

I think I'm actually going to settle on the Alma, despite all the votes for JL. It has a softness that I really loved. As bunnycat said, with JL the selling point is the cats but they disappeared when I tied the CSGM in my favorite way. All I saw was a random assortment of foliage. And tied in other ways, both the SA and I felt that the busy JL pattern overwhelmed my small frame.

The SA also preferred the Alma on me. Plus she said the JL is constantly reissued so I could always get one in the future, whereas the Alma will probably never be.

Here are the pictures! Unfortunately the Alma one came out blurry but still gives you an idea.

Maybe one day we’ll figure out JL! The giant triangle might work for the cats.

Reactions: Cookiefiend

I love the Alma on you! But you can’t go wrong with either, look forward to seeing which you pick

Reactions: ajaxbreaker

Wow, that is really a difficult choice! I love them both on you, and I think JL looks just fine on your frame, but the colour around your face with the Alma really is a great plus in the coming winter....I am surprised the Alma ties so beautifully, because first time I saw it, I was “meh”...but it is really lovely in every shade...if they had issued coral pink I’d have dived on it... maybe next season for the kitty cats! Well done, and enjoy!

Reactions: ajaxbreaker