**Hermes Chat**

I started lifting weights to combat the ill effects of severe osteoarthritis. I have not replaced my knees. I have a GREAT personal trainer and DH and I spend birkin units to get trained every year. These guys are true pros. There are a great many middle-aged and older folks that train there. They are in McLean if you are interested. PM me.
I don't know about you, EB, but I've been shrinking. I've lost something like 1.5 inches over the last decade. I'm supposed to walk more (weight-bearing exercise) and take calcium supplements. Stationary bikes and rowing machines don't count as weight bearing exercise. That's too bad b/c they are fairly easy on the knees.

I used to like wearing ankle-length skirts but I haven't for a while. So tried on some hanging in the closet. All of a sudden I have floor-length skirts! Wha? It's called osteopenia, weakened bones.

Reactions: Etriers
I don't know about you, EB, but I've been shrinking. I've lost something like 1.5 inches over the last decade. I'm supposed to walk more (weight-bearing exercise) and take calcium supplements. Stationary bikes and rowing machines don't count as weight bearing exercise. That's too bad b/c they are fairly easy on the knees.

I used to like wearing ankle-length skirts but I haven't for a while. So tried on some hanging in the closet. All of a sudden I have floor-length skirts! Wha? It's called osteopenia, weakened bones.
Yikes at 5’1.5”, I am terrified of getting shorter. It’s hard enough as it is.
I would find a trainer that can help you lifting small weights and move up gradually from there.

What a nice thing to think about, the happiest place on earth... an H store next door to a place with fabulous coffee, the ultimate bookstore, and Neapolitan pizza...on a beach. I wonder if I can work horses and cupcakes in there somehow... :cloud9:
All very fine ideas, especially the cupcakes and bookstore --- which should carry Rizzoli and other high-end books on fashion and jewelry.

Reactions: Etriers