Fendi Fellas

Here's my old peekaboo from 2015. I took him to the office today. :cool:
Nice! You have one of the original Peekaboo bags before they were reissued and turned into permanent designs. I wanted the exact one you have with ombre leather, Zucca lining, and the long strap, but wasn't able to get it for a good price. Then the new version came out along with the men's version, and I knew I had to get it.

Reactions: lxrac
Nice! You have one of the original Peekaboo bags before they were reissued and turned into permanent designs. I wanted the exact one you have with ombre leather, Zucca lining, and the long strap, but wasn't able to get it for a good price. Then the new version came out along with the men's version, and I knew I had to get it.

Thank you! Yeah peekaboos are such nice bags. Glad they finally have the men's line. I went to a Fendi store recently and the new men's peekaboos are $5k each! I almost fainted. The SA even said they (bags) might go up in price one day. Needless to say, I just stared at the bag. I think you might like the men's baguette.

Reactions: averagejoe
Thank you! Yeah peekaboos are such nice bags. Glad they finally have the men's line. I went to a Fendi store recently and the new men's peekaboos are $5k each! I almost fainted. The SA even said they (bags) might go up in price one day. Needless to say, I just stared at the bag. I think you might like the men's baguette.
The men's Peekaboo is quite high in price. It was hard to stomach the cost, and what was worse was that it was available at Holt Renfrew for $5100 CAD and I thought it was ridiculous, and it went up to $7300 when our currency tumbled. It decreased now to $6500. Should have gotten it when I saw it at the initial price.

It is a remarkable bag, though. Worth every penny in my opinion.

I want to really like the men's Baguette but after trying the leather version on, I was not a huge fan. Here's my review: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/fendi-fellas.962133/page-108#post-33242013

I saw the new nylon ones on Instagram. Those look more masculine, and although I prefer leather, the nylon softens the look of the bag and makes it look more "masculine" somehow.

The men's Peekaboo is quite high in price. It was hard to stomach the cost, and what was worse was that it was available at Holt Renfrew for $5100 CAD and I thought it was ridiculous, and it went up to $7300 when our currency tumbled. It decreased now to $6500. Should have gotten it when I saw it at the initial price.

It is a remarkable bag, though. Worth every penny in my opinion.

I want to really like the men's Baguette but after trying the leather version on, I was not a huge fan. Here's my review: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/fendi-fellas.962133/page-108#post-33242013

I saw the new nylon ones on Instagram. Those look more masculine, and although I prefer leather, the nylon softens the look of the bag and makes it look more "masculine" somehow.

@averagejoe I agree Canadian prices are so high! Reading your post about Canadian prices was astounding. When I visited Toronto recently I had my currency exchange app open all the time. Consequently, I didn't buy anything in Toronto... The nylon baguettes are called baguette Fendi and Porter here. It's around $2700 USD thats still a pretty steep price for a small bag. Some guys can make this bag work though, I don't think I'd know how to. If I get another Fendi bag in the future...I will probably acquire the small messenger/crossbody type of bag.

@averagejoe I agree Canadian prices are so high! Reading your post about Canadian prices was astounding. When I visited Toronto recently I had my currency exchange app open all the time. Consequently, I didn't buy anything in Toronto... The nylon baguettes are called baguette Fendi and Porter here. It's around $2700 USD thats still a pretty steep price for a small bag. Some guys can make this bag work though, I don't think I'd know how to. If I get another Fendi bag in the future...I will probably acquire the small messenger/crossbody type of bag.
It is a steep price but Fendi commands rather high prices for their bags so it's hard to get their stuff much cheaper. Usually when I get a bag, I have to love it or it has to be at an incredible price, but the Baguette is not doing either for me at the moment. Who knows, though. I thought I wouldn't like Alessandro Michele's Gucci and now I love it.

It is a steep price but Fendi commands rather high prices for their bags so it's hard to get their stuff much cheaper. Usually when I get a bag, I have to love it or it has to be at an incredible price, but the Baguette is not doing either for me at the moment. Who knows, though. I thought I wouldn't like Alessandro Michele's Gucci and now I love it.

Same here, AM's Gucci has grown on me as well. Now they just collaborated with COMME des GARÇONS. LOL. What do you think?

Same here, AM's Gucci has grown on me as well. Now they just collaborated with COMME des GARÇONS. LOL. What do you think?
If Comme des Garcons was part of the Kering group then this would likely happen. So I don't think it will. I think the best collaborations come when two brands occupying very different niches come together, like FendixRimowa.

If Comme des Garcons was part of the Kering group then this would likely happen. So I don't think it will. I think the best collaborations come when two brands occupying very different niches come together, like FendixRimowa.
Guess I was wrong. I thought you meant "now (if) they just collaborated with COMME des Garcons." They actually did!!!

And I don't like it. Fendi's collaborations look a lot nicer in my opinion. At least with Fendi Fila, they incorporated the F from Fila into the F from Fendi. For the Gucci, they seem to have just slapped on the Gucci web on top of the Comme des Garcons logo. Doesn't look designed to me.
gucci-comme-des-garcons-tote-bag-00005-jpg.4534939

Guess I was wrong. I thought you meant "now (if) they just collaborated with COMME des Garcons." They actually did!!!

And I don't like it. Fendi's collaborations look a lot nicer in my opinion. At least with Fendi Fila, they incorporated the F from Fila into the F from Fendi. For the Gucci, they seem to have just slapped on the Gucci web on top of the Comme des Garcons logo. Doesn't look designed to me.
gucci-comme-des-garcons-tote-bag-00005-jpg.4534939

Yes it looks premature to me. I feel like they could have done more to the design. I was hoping they would've incorporated the PLAY heart design somewhere in the Gucci print.

The first iteration of the CDG x Gucci tote came out last Christmas as part of the Friends and Comme des Garcons Happy Holidays collection. It was the same design as this version, except there was no black floral pattern. It was just plain paper brown with the Gucci web on top. IMO it looks much better plain than with the floral print - for some reason this new version doesn't fit well for my taste. Agree with @averagejoe that the Fendi x Fila collaboration looked a lot better and really showcased clever design and thinking.

The first iteration of the CDG x Gucci tote came out last Christmas as part of the Friends and Comme des Garcons Happy Holidays collection. It was the same design as this version, except there was no black floral pattern. It was just plain paper brown with the Gucci web on top. IMO it looks much better plain than with the floral print - for some reason this new version doesn't fit well for my taste. Agree with @averagejoe that the Fendi x Fila collaboration looked a lot better and really showcased clever design and thinking.
The first iteration must have been successful enough to do a second, although I don't get the appeal at all.