Eyelash extensions - are they worth it???

Are getting eyelash extensions worth it?

• Yes, totally! Worth every penny!

• Nope, stick to falsies.

• Other - please say why!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don’t know what you look like without lashes, but I think they make your eyes look much bigger! Please let us know if the irritation resolves.
Thank you! I’ve never paid much attention to my eyes before, I’ve worn glasses since I was 6. So eye makeup was always messy and with Asian eyes I never knew what to do! Now that I’m getting older I think the extensions are an instant nonsurgical “lift” !

When I had extensions my girl would always use the shortest ones on me because I wear glasses and the longer ones were very uncomfortable because they would rub/push against my lenses in my glasses. So they would be short and full. I even got a new plastic frame glasses and they sat even closer to my face(I’m also super blind even with the thinnest lenses available they are still pretty thick). They didn’t last long because of how much they pressed against the lenses I went back to my metal frames because they have nose pads which gives me just a bit more room for my lashes. I also had to clean the lenses on my plastic glasses about 8 times a day because of how dirty they’d get from my lashes pressing against them. I also felt like they made me look younger with thick full lashes and put together with out doing anything. I miss the look so much but I don’t miss how they felt especially with how bad my allergies are and how much my eyes water or itch, I have been tempted in trying some magnetic lashes but I feel like they are pricey, and am afraid that they would feel heavy.

Reactions: cph706
Yes, dryness with extensions is common. Our natural lash length is customized for our face. There was a study recently that confirmed that longer lashes have a "funneling" effect that will draw air onto your ocular surface and dry out your tears. Combine this with hormonal changes (you mentioned menopause) and other factors like maybe computer use or environmental factors, and the eyes will get dry.

Which drops are you using? Drops like Refresh or Blink are good rewetting drops. Never use "redness relief" drops like Clear Eyes or Visine, they just make your blood vessels small and you'll be worse off than you started. To clean your extensions you can use Ocusoft foaming lid wash (not the wipes). Good luck!

I’ve gotten them recently and just had my first fill. I’ve noticed that my eyes were drier than before, has anyone else experienced this? I think my eyes were borderline dry at my last eye appointment (first appointment since official menopause). I’ve been putting drops in nightly and that has helped. I also asked for shorter and thinner lashes this time. Just wondering if this is common.

Yes, dryness with extensions is common. Our natural lash length is customized for our face. There was a study recently that confirmed that longer lashes have a "funneling" effect that will draw air onto your ocular surface and dry out your tears. Combine this with hormonal changes (you mentioned menopause) and other factors like maybe computer use or environmental factors, and the eyes will get dry.

Which drops are you using? Drops like Refresh or Blink are good rewetting drops. Never use "redness relief" drops like Clear Eyes or Visine, they just make your blood vessels small and you'll be worse off than you started. To clean your extensions you can use Ocusoft foaming lid wash (not the wipes). Good luck!

Thanks, that’s really helpful! For several days I’ve been using single vial drops (no preservatives) and that seems to have made all the difference! Absolutely no discomfort now with the shorter length.
I actually think I’m losing less lashes now than before because cleaning eye makeup off was pretty harsh. I also touch my eyes much less which is good too.
I think I’m hooked!!!!!

Thanks, that’s really helpful! For several days I’ve been using single vial drops (no preservatives) and that seems to have made all the difference! Absolutely no discomfort now with the shorter length.
I actually think I’m losing less lashes now than before because cleaning eye makeup off was pretty harsh. I also touch my eyes much less which is good too.
I think I’m hooked!!!!!

The preservative free drops are great!!

I maaay be bias as I’m a lash technician but I absolutely adore them.

On an average, a new set should last you 5-6 weeks. However it’ll thin out as you’re not upkeeping them. If you choose to upkeep them, you’ll have to go in every 2-4 weeks depending on your lash cycle.

A lot of my clients get them refilled every 3-4 weeks. And then I have some one-off clients that only come once or twice a year just to get them on for vacations or special occasions.

If you’re having retention issues, voice your concerns to your lash tech and he/she will go over aftercare with you or adjust the amount of glue needed to adhere the extensions.

It’s pricey but sooo worth it, waking up and going to sleep extra cute is always a plus.

I maaay be bias as I’m a lash technician but I absolutely adore them.

On an average, a new set should last you 5-6 weeks. However it’ll thin out as you’re not upkeeping them. If you choose to upkeep them, you’ll have to go in every 2-4 weeks depending on your lash cycle.

A lot of my clients get them refilled every 3-4 weeks. And then I have some one-off clients that only come once or twice a year just to get them on for vacations or special occasions.

If you’re having retention issues, voice your concerns to your lash tech and he/she will go over aftercare with you or adjust the amount of glue needed to adhere the extensions.

It’s pricey but sooo worth it, waking up and going to sleep extra cute is always a plus.

I'm trying to get on a 3 week cycle...so far I'm absolutely delighted with mine!

Reactions: Missxtee
I started the regular extension a year ago. I pop by there every 1.5-2months. By end of 2months I still have a few unruly strands (not pretty).

I still have one more session to go (I opted for a package) and I’ve decided that would be the last.

As much as the lashes really ”open up my eyes” and I’ve no allergy issue, I find it a chore to travel to the lash place and maybe it just doesn’t really matter anymore if my lashes are long and full =p

I must chime in here and agree. I am tired of spending hours of my time driving and laying there for eyelashes. I let my extensions go a few months ago and was astonished to find that my natural lashes were damaged and almost gone. It’s been a few months now and I have worked hard to grow them back. Here is after extensions:
A52234F9-BEC6-4CE0-AC3F-1F055B3227CD.jpeg
And here is today with just a little mascara:
0AA38E46-76C5-4BD7-97AF-22B4691AFE36.jpeg

Reactions: onesmallchimera