Vernis shoulder bags on hot days

arnott

O.G.
Aug 23, 2006
As some of you may know I bought my Pomme Roxbury back in January and still haven't used it.

I read in the Vernis care book that vernis is permeable to grease and makeup.

So for those of you with Vernis shoulder bags like the Brentwood and Roxbury you probably have your bag rubbing against your bare arm in the summer.

Since we often wear lotion/sunscreen and sweat in the summer I'm worried that this will be permeable to the Vernis and ruin it. Anyone have any trouble with this? Even with the gold plaque on my Antigua, I have it rubbing against my arm and it leaves smudges on it (that I can wipe off), but I'm worried about the vernis.

Sorry if I'm not making sense, its late. :Push:

As some of you may know I bought my Pomme Roxbury back in January and still haven't used it.

I read in the Vernis care book that vernis is permeable to grease and makeup.

So for those of you with Vernis shoulder bags like the Brentwood and Roxbury you probably have your bag rubbing against your bare arm in the summer.

Since we often wear lotion/sunscreen and sweat in the summer I'm worried that this will be permeable to the Vernis and ruin it. Anyone have any trouble with this? Even with the gold plaque on my Antigua, I have it rubbing against my arm and it leaves smudges on it (that I can wipe off), but I'm worried about the vernis.

Sorry if I'm not making sense, its late. :Push:
interesting question...we should check into this with he folks at LV. They ares such beautiful bags.

I've had lots of vernis and I've never had anything like this happen to the vernis. It's not quite as delicate as some might think. As long as you don't leave it in the sun (discoloration) or put a pen near it, your pretty good to go!

I live in Albuquerque, the hot-dry-sunny desert, and it's between 90 and 115 degrees every day in the summer. I have never had a problem carrying Vernis in this heat. The leather is easy to wipe clean if you wear a lot of lotions on your arms. Just don't leave it in your car, exposed to the sun.

I live in Albuquerque, the hot-dry-sunny desert, and it's between 90 and 115 degrees every day in the summer. I have never had a problem carrying Vernis in this heat. The leather is easy to wipe clean if you wear a lot of lotions on your arms. Just don't leave it in your car, exposed to the sun.

Thanks for the info! :smile:

hi arnott! i've had my pomme roxbury since march (i think) and i use her pretty regularly. i bathe in lotion but i've never had problems with my bag.

Woohoo! :yahoo: Thanks for the info...now I wont be so paranoid to take my Pomme Roxbury out and use her! So you have the bag against your bare arm?

i don't worry too much about lotion or sunblock on the vernis ~ never had any trouble, and where I live, it's summer 24/7!

Actually, it's the vachetta i'm always worried about! :excl:

Thanks for the info! :smile:

I live in the same place as Danielle, about 20 miles south, I used my framboise Brentwood the other day, and must admit I was a little nervous about the heat...

Nothing has ever happened, I don't leave it in direct sun, but I do worry about it, so I totally get how you feel.

I think makeup, pens, and sitting next to newspapers, magazines, etc are the biggest problem. I would be careful with the sunscreen, etc too. I do baby the vernis, can't help it.:wlae: Love it all a little too much, but I do still use it, I feel more comfortabel using vernis when it's a little cooler though. 100 degrees, makes me :sweatdrop: ...

I live in the same place as Danielle, about 20 miles south, I used my framboise Brentwood the other day, and must admit I was a little nervous about the heat...

Nothing has ever happened, I don't leave it in direct sun, but I do worry about it, so I totally get how you feel.

I think makeup, pens, and sitting next to newspapers, magazines, etc are the biggest problem. I would be careful with the sunscreen, etc too. I do baby the vernis, can't help it.:wlae: Love it all a little too much, but I do still use it, I feel more comfortabel using vernis when it's a little cooler though. 100 degrees, makes me :sweatdrop: ...

Thanks for your reply.

Sometimes on hot sunny days, you can help it that its under direct sun. Cuz even when you are wearing it the sun shines on it.