Chanel pre-fall 19B

Hi everyone,
Bought the classic m in caviar Burgundy, now I want to wear it with my dark blue suede jacket. What do you all think, yes or no? I mean for color transfer offcourse... I sprayed the bag & the jacket to protect against rain etc... would that also help with color transfer you think? this far I only had black chanels... so no need to worry about those :smile:
View attachment 4515392
I have not dealt with your exact situation (ie colored Chanel bag vs colored clothing), but I would say it depends on the clothing item in question and the treatment of the bag. Has the jacket been dry-cleaned or machine washed a lot? Ex. A few years. If so, it would make it easier for me to pair it with a bag like this carefree.

For the bag treatment, I typically spray/apply a leather protectant to all of my colored bags (ie any color besides black) and let it rest for a day. That may proves quite difficult with such a gorgeous bag!

I just bought this style yesterday, and mine have posts. I am not sure if this style came in a clip-on version. I have seen at least one other pair from this season that came in two different version backings.

Reactions: Saarke
View attachment 4509718 View attachment 4509719 View attachment 4509720 View attachment 4509721

Hi ladies! I realize most of this thread is focused on CF, but was hoping to get some feedback on the XXL smaller size. I was able to get my hands on it and I love it! However, it does not fit my laptop
( it’s an old HP 15”) and after feeling how lux the metallic calfskin is, I wouldn’t want to ruin it using it as a workbag. It was my intention to use it that way when purchasing it blindly by phone.
Would it seem ridiculous to use this as a handbag in place of using a tote? I’m inserting a few mod shots and would really appreciate honest opinions. Thank you in advance!
Is this heavy?

I must say I am underwhelmed with both red and burgundy classic flap this season. In store lighting, the burgundy is more of brownish to me and the red is less saturated red, a bit pale. I blame that to warm yellow lighting in store. Both bags seem to reflect the yellowish shade. The burgundy has to get a lot of light/sunlight to be a beautiful dark red, and the red should be seen in rather dark room so it will be a perfect deep reed. One is gorgeous outside while bleh indoor, and the other one is the contrary. Yes it’s confusing. I wish Chanel just make one red in between those two colors. I went home with the red instead. It doesn’t look dull against my skin.

Here is the red in a half covered balcony under gloomy morning light. I compare the real bag in this balcony with a picture a few pages ago from somebody who photographed burgundy in outdoor and they’re almost identical. One more thing, the pictures tend to capture more vibrant and shinier than the actual. I mean the color is not as vibrant as the picture.

View attachment 4511554

Definitely you must see them in person. It’s very hard to explain and one sees the shade differently from others and both colors do change shade a lot really depend on the light.

I’m happy with my choice but unfortunately my hunt for red Chanel doesn’t end yet :sad:
I share the exact same sentiments with you regarding the new red. My hunt for the perfect red bag also continues. I find this red to be a little blah, it has a pinky coral undertone and like you said when photographed it is much brighter and more vibrant which is what I prefer. In darker lighting it is a pretty ruby red. I got the phone/card case but definitely will not buy the flap.

View attachment 4509718 View attachment 4509719 View attachment 4509720 View attachment 4509721

Hi ladies! I realize most of this thread is focused on CF, but was hoping to get some feedback on the XXL smaller size. I was able to get my hands on it and I love it! However, it does not fit my laptop
( it’s an old HP 15”) and after feeling how lux the metallic calfskin is, I wouldn’t want to ruin it using it as a workbag. It was my intention to use it that way when purchasing it blindly by phone.
Would it seem ridiculous to use this as a handbag in place of using a tote? I’m inserting a few mod shots and would really appreciate honest opinions. Thank you in advance!
Honestly, it looks too big to use as a handbag.

I have not dealt with your exact situation (ie colored Chanel bag vs colored clothing), but I would say it depends on the clothing item in question and the treatment of the bag. Has the jacket been dry-cleaned or machine washed a lot? Ex. A few years. If so, it would make it easier for me to pair it with a bag like this carefree.

For the bag treatment, I typically spray/apply a leather protectant to all of my colored bags (ie any color besides black) and let it rest for a day. That may proves quite difficult with such a gorgeous bag!

I just bought this style yesterday, and mine have posts. I am not sure if this style came in a clip-on version. I have seen at least one other pair from this season that came in two different version backings.

What leather protectant do you prefer? I just received a very pale pink, Lambskin mini and I’m terrified of transfer.

Finally got the red I’ve been waiting for all along!

On the left is the 19B Red Classic Flap in caviar leather and pale gold hardware. On the right is the 18B Dark Pink Classic Flap in caviar leather and silver hardware.

I would say that the 19B is a true red (in my opinion) even though the photo lighting doesn’t do it justice. 18B is more of a raspberry red. My Chanel bag collection is finally complete. Here I come ban island!

Attachments

• 29669D28-4E97-4DFE-AA9C-43CC4A230A45.jpeg
    29669D28-4E97-4DFE-AA9C-43CC4A230A45.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 1,781
Soo, I was going to pass on the grey this season too because comments about the deflated quilts and the fact that it was lambskin but when I saw it in person it was hard to say no. The grey is truly the perfect grey imo and the silver hardware really compliments it. It really doesn’t seem as delicate as all the lambskins I’ve seen before and I’m so happy to have it in my collection :smile: puffy quilts may deflate over time and possibly unevenly. I don’t know, in my book I don’t have any regrets and can’t wait to use it :smile:
Is this the mini or the small size?

Hey ladies! Not sure if i should be posting here but here’s my 19b? medium cf in beige.
I got it in monaco just last month. Extremely happy with it.

I know some ladies are pretty specific with their beige preference. It’s real color is closest to the 1st pic I think. i personally did not care at all.lol I think it’s pretty versatile.

Sidenote: It’s also my very first chanel bag yayyy! technically not really because i had a black vintage handed down to me couple years ago when i was 20 i think, but that’s since disappeared. Lol

9C64FA81-A444-451A-9579-05E4F334B771.jpeg 0FC3E20A-0CB2-43AB-80DE-F27AE88B1C2A.jpeg 6E85DFCB-516F-410B-BDD9-C9385FA06ACE.jpeg

Hey ladies! Not sure if i should be posting here but here’s my 19b? medium cf in beige.
I got it in monaco just last month. Extremely happy with it.

I know some ladies are pretty specific with their beige preference. It’s real color is closest to the 1st pic I think. i personally did not care at all.lol I think it’s pretty versatile.

Sidenote: It’s also my very first chanel bag yayyy! technically not really because i had a black vintage handed down to me couple years ago when i was 20 i think, but that’s since disappeared. Lol

View attachment 4520341 View attachment 4520342 View attachment 4520343

Congrats! That's actually Beige Clair, not 19B Beige. You can see from the tag if you still have it or color code from the receipt, or you can see the flap has edge stitching. 19B Beige is seasonal and flap has no edge stitching. Beige Clair always has edge stitching on classic flap. Enjoy your beautiful new bag :smile: