What powerhouse perfume from the 80's would you wear today?

I wore Must de Cartier in college (89). It was great getting dressed. Then later on after all the alcohol mixed with cigarette smoke clinging to you from the bar, it made me want to throw up, and it hung around until the next morning. It was like a gross cloud following you as you did the Walk of Shame.
Lol me too, but it was earlier in the 80s!!
Must de Cartier really remains a wonderful scent and it brings me right back to a great moment in time..
Ps. What a great descriptive! Spot-on!

Not necessarily a powerhouse per se, but Elsa Peretti & Paloma Picasso have distinctive scents
I also remember Picasso's Rouge lipstick that was pretty as well as Dali's.
Quadrille & Anouska Hempel come to mind as well

Last edited:
I typically wear Calyx (by Estee Lauder) every day- it came out in 1985-86! It was hard to find for a while but now you can get it at Macy's at the Clinique counter. Also, the original Coach signature - not the one they have out now -- I have to get that one from ebay or perfume websites. Most perfumes give me migraines.:sad:

In the 80s I mainly wore Chanel Coco eau de parfum and had a quick dabble with Paloma Picasso and also Salvador Dali. I really loved Coco and would liberally douse myself daily for years and thought of it as my signature scent. 30+ years later I bought the parfum and although I still love it, I don't wear it a lot and reach for more brighter and lighter scents now - let it never be said that I don't support the perfume industry!

Reactions: fendifemale