Need advice! Inherited ring...

MmeM124

Jun 4, 2019
Hi everyone! So about a year ago I received my grandmother’s diamond band. I love it and the sentiment of it and as a result really stopped wearing my own set (it is princess cut). I had my engagement ring turned into a pendant which came out beautifully. Now I’ve also received my great aunt’s engagement ring. The thing is the two family pieces don’t really go together, as you can see below. To make things even more confusing I like the delicate swoopy look of the engagement ring, I just don’t think it goes well with another band. I’d love to know your opinions, especially if you own a similar four or five diamond band. What kind of engagement ring have you paired with it? Should I reset the inherited solitaire? It’s not the best quality diamond but again, I am sentimental. Thanks in advance!
6F6F762B-EF26-4C6E-9E9E-95193C1F4E3A.jpeg 5568AD2E-FC25-4F10-AD72-D41BB862A127.jpeg

Hi everyone! So about a year ago I received my grandmother’s diamond band. I love it and the sentiment of it and as a result really stopped wearing my own set (it is princess cut). I had my engagement ring turned into a pendant which came out beautifully. Now I’ve also received my great aunt’s engagement ring. The thing is the two family pieces don’t really go together, as you can see below. To make things even more confusing I like the delicate swoopy look of the engagement ring, I just don’t think it goes well with another band. I’d love to know your opinions, especially if you own a similar four or five diamond band. What kind of engagement ring have you paired with it? Should I reset the inherited solitaire? It’s not the best quality diamond but again, I am sentimental. Thanks in advance!
View attachment 4514890 View attachment 4514891
i'd reset the solitaire!

I like it the way it is. For sentimental reasons.
But if you are looking to modernize, then I absolutely see the five diamonds set in one ring with the slightly larger solitaire in the center flanked by two of the smaller on each side.
So many different designs you could use to make that sing!
It could be retro/vintage in feel with intricate metalwork or totally modern in a sleek platinum setting or traditional with the center stone haloed and the side stones as accents.
Anything you want....

Reactions: MmeM124 and liliBuo