Question about Mulberry Lily bag

Talia1801

Jan 6, 2019
Hello!

Lately i've been eyeing the lily bag (the small size, i guess thats the regular?). But whenever i've seen pictures online of the bag secondhand it looked very out of shape and just...old.

Is this something I have to take into consideration when buying this bag, that it doesn't age nicely?

Thank you for your help!7759105-1_1.jpg 7880281-1_1.jpg

I would buy the bag new, but I want it to last me a long time (obviously) :smile:

Samorga are the best IMO but a longer wait and quite pricey now. I've purchased other brands in the past and some haven't fitted properly. Felt liners also take up quite a bit of room, especially if you have additional pockets. It isn't ideal in a bag this size as you lose quite a bit of space.
I ended up making my own like Talia did and used thinner felt. I've two Lily bags now and never had a problem with them sagging.

Hopefully someone can add pictures of other brands of liner in a Lily to give you a better idea. There is an old thread somewhere with "before and after" .

Last edited:
Hello!

Lately i've been eyeing the lily bag (the small size, i guess thats the regular?). But whenever i've seen pictures online of the bag secondhand it looked very out of shape and just...old.

Is this something I have to take into consideration when buying this bag, that it doesn't age nicely?

Thank you for your help!View attachment 4510752 View attachment 4510753

I would buy the bag new, but I want it to last me a long time (obviously) :smile:
With all bags, it’s best to keep them stored stuffed with the packing materials they came with (paper, etc.) to help them maintain shape. When not in use, all of my bags are stored in their dust bags stuffed with paper.