Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019

Happy Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 everyone!! This sale is a holiday in its own right and we know how much you all love it too!

When sharing your purchases or items you are looking at, please post a link to the item on Nordstrom's site in this thread. Not only does it let everyone easily check out the items you are looking at, but it helps us too as we are partners with Nordstrom. We're a small team and always appreciate the support, so if you are shopping online, we'd love for you to shop through our links.

GIVEAWAY ALERT: To celebrate the occasion, we are giving away EIGHT $200 Gift Cards to 8 different tPFers during the Anniversary Sale! Click here to find out how to enter. Good luck and happy shopping!

Support tPF and shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale by using this link!

If you love it and it’s within your budget don’t be sad! There is value is having it already and being happy with it. Its a lot of mental space to hunt for better deals all year long. No regrets if you’re pleased!

Exactly this. If you love it now that's great. I don't love it now because I know I won't even reach for it until at least November. If I'm still thinking about it by then, there will be other sales. Winter clothes are something I can wait until the next sale on many things because I don't get much wear out of them.

Reactions: buggiewomma
I got my Paige Hoxton high rise jeans the other day (after much stalking!) and tried them on. Sizing rec from the reviews was to go down a size from your normal jean size, which I found accurate. However, the whisker washing on the top of it is REALLY unflattering. It kind of highlights and accentuates an area that high-waist jeans are supposed to help minimize IMO :doh:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/5265852

I went to return the jeans and looked around a bit. There was way more on the floor than on the first day of public access - SO MANY RETURNS! - but still not as much as I thought there would be. What few racks were still anniversary were simply marked with a plain yellow circle.

I did find one thing I was never able to score online (XS sold out quickly and never replenished) - the Tommy John air briefs. My husband gets Tommy John from his mom every year for X-Mas, and the quality really is there. They hold up wash after wash and are still so soft even over a year later.

Tommy John air brief
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/5277987

If you love it and it’s within your budget don’t be sad! There is value is having it already and being happy with it. Its a lot of mental space to hunt for better deals all year long. No regrets if you’re pleased!
That is a VERY good point about the time and mental energy to hunt down a better deal. I'm still weighing out all of my NAS purchases and seeing what to keep vs. what to return and potentially wait on for a better deal and hopefully I'll get this nailed down by the end of the week.

My marl sweater arrived and it’s very fitted. It’s weird cause I sized up (bought the only size available) and it was very very slim through the body and cropped. Also fitted through the sleeves! The model must literally be tiny and wearing an XL. I’m so confused.

Oh no ! I ordered my regular size and of course it won't come till after the sale :doh:. I hope they will have stock after the sale and I will be able to exchange for a bigger size. How is the feel of the material otherwise? Is it soft and comfy?

Honestly I've noticed that with almost every basic Free People item I've bought. If it's simple enough, last year's model will end up somewhere extremely discounted somewhere the same time this year's model rolls out at full price. That's one reason I returned the softly structured tunic. I didn't love it at NAS price but I'm sure I can snag it at Macy's in a few months (when it's cold enough to consider wearing it) at a better price. At this point, I'm making a list of things to watch for deeper discounts.
I love the cowl neck tunic- it is beautiful irl- very soft and well-made and a staple (love Free People) I think there is value (a bird in the hand) buying it brand new in just the perfect colors. I have bought so much other stuff that I have it as a watch and may grab when/if it goes down further.

I know, I know I said I was giving up BUT.....just a few minutes ago a size 8 showed up and I pulled the trigger. History for this fabulous item is me getting up every night at 1:00 AM (mind you the alarm is set for 5:30!) resulting in 2 cancellations and one delivery of a pair in a mismarked box. CROSS FINGERS THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENS!

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/paul-g...t_p&sp_source=rakuten&sp_campaign=oGj7akNVsTg

I love the cowl neck tunic- it is beautiful irl- very soft and well-made and a staple (love Free People) I think there is value (a bird in the hand) buying it brand new in just the perfect colors. I have bought so much other stuff that I have it as a watch and may grab when/if it goes down further.

Maybe it was the color I tried on? It was literally the last one in the store and didn't do much for me. I just know that Free People tends to go on big sale regularly and there's no point in having it NWT in my closet right now. I won't wear it for months and there are people who want it that would wear it in that time. Plus by the time it's cold enough here, I might not like it anymore. I added it to my wishlist and know what price point I'm willing to buy it at.

Sorry if I'm coming across as rude or cold. I used to be really bad about buying everything I kinda liked because "it's on sale right now" and ended up with tons of stuff I never wear, not because I don't like it but because it doesn't fit in my lifestyle. I'm trying to be better about that. You can go broke saving money after all.