Wondering about Artois quality/wear & tear

Kels057

Apr 27, 2015
I’m going to Paris in September and have been wanting an Artois MM for awhile! Curious if it seems to hold up better than the St Louis with its infamous strap/cracking issues. I love the size, zipper, and reinforced corners but would choose something else if quality is a likely problem. Thank you!

I’m going to Paris in September and have been wanting an Artois MM for awhile! Curious if it seems to hold up better than the St Louis with its infamous strap/cracking issues. I love the size, zipper, and reinforced corners but would choose something else if quality is a likely problem. Thank you!
I’m had my Artois mm since October 2018 and it’s my most used bag! I’ve had zero issues and I do not baby this bag at all. It’s workhorse and I’d highly recommend it!

Reactions: Kels057
I have an Artois PM I use daily for the past few months and a MM that I use for travel- no issues. I also don’t baby them- I live in a city and get bumped around on public transport, I have kids, I place them on the floor, load them with heavy items, baggage scanners at airports, etc. I love them so much that I am going to expand my Goyard family and get a St. Louis GM while I’m traveling this week.

Reactions: Kels057
I have an Artois PM and, like the others who have responded, have not had any issues. I do somewhat baby it (but I tend to baby all my more expensive bags - lol) but it's held up well. No scuffs and looks new. I do think it's thicker material and thicker handles than the St. Louis which is why I've not had any problems. Am considering an Artois MM now!

Thank you, ladies!
I’m had my Artois mm since October 2018 and it’s my most used bag! I’ve had zero issues and I do not baby this bag at all. It’s workhorse and I’d highly recommend it!

I have an Artois PM I use daily for the past few months and a MM that I use for travel- no issues. I also don’t baby them- I live in a city and get bumped around on public transport, I have kids, I place them on the floor, load them with heavy items, baggage scanners at airports, etc. I love them so much that I am going to expand my Goyard family and get a St. Louis GM while I’m traveling this week.

I have an Artois PM and, like the others who have responded, have not had any issues. I do somewhat baby it (but I tend to baby all my more expensive bags - lol) but it's held up well. No scuffs and looks new. I do think it's thicker material and thicker handles than the St. Louis which is why I've not had any problems. Am considering an Artois MM now!

Reactions: Designerhbgirl
I'm visiting from the LV forum and am entirely new to Goyard. Do you folks know if the Artois is prone to the same problems with melting/cracking handles as the St. Louis? I love my Neverfull GM but am looking for a heavy-duty shoulder-carry workhorse bag that zips for inclement winter weather and love the black trim and print of Goyard. Thank you!

Reactions: redkitty
I'm visiting from the LV forum and am entirely new to Goyard. Do you folks know if the Artois is prone to the same problems with melting/cracking handles as the St. Louis? I love my Neverfull GM but am looking for a heavy-duty shoulder-carry workhorse bag that zips for inclement winter weather and love the black trim and print of Goyard. Thank you!
I’ve used my MM for close to 2 yrs now as a workhorse bag carrying laptop and the kitchen sink in it and no problems so far with cracking of handles or melting. However there is a little wear and tear on edges of handles due to the handles rubbing against each other when I carry it.

I’ve used my MM for close to 2 yrs now as a workhorse bag carrying laptop and the kitchen sink in it and no problems so far with cracking of handles or melting. However there is a little wear and tear on edges of handles due to the handles rubbing against each other when I carry it.
Thank you so much for the insight! I really appreciate it. Goyard seems so mysterious and alluring to me! :smile: