The Ultimate Chloe Susan/Susanna/Suzanna Studded Boots thread

Two hours ago I got a notification that a pair of black Susannas with gold hardware in size 39 are available again. Summer sale, 30% off!

Guess what? I ordered them so I can compare the color and the sizes and I just received the shipping note with ETA planned for tomorrow!

This is so hilarious... I can already see myself debating about keeping both. My bank account is sending prayers to them being too large.
Black with gold are a necessity
View attachment 4462511 View attachment 4462512

The black ones arrived today and they are gorgeous!

Size 39 is obviously larger and not that tight. There is no sliding but if they stretch a bit with wearing maybe they could turn out to be a bit loose.

At the moment the 39 feels a little more comfortable compared to size 38.5.

But as the black ones are more of an autumnal or winter piece I could wear them with thicker socks or an insole.

Obviously I am a size 38 3/4 in these boots. :huh::lol:

What bothers me the most is that the ID card of the shoes is missing. Although I got them on sale they are still very expensive and I am not sure if this is a reason for me to return them.

I have already contacted the customer service and hopefully they will answer me on Monday.
Do you have the box and they’re authentic? I honestly wouldn’t worry. I currently have 8 pair and don’t have ID cards. I have sold a few pair and it was never an issue.
I just checked my sizes-half are 38..5 and half are 39. Both fit fine-I think we’re about the same size.

Reactions: EmmaPeel
22248A0F-92E8-4EF6-BD60-BABBE85E2E89.jpeg 70086325-3F56-4C69-927E-5E2F64BADA5F.jpeg 548855B9-E20A-4BE0-AC77-8D54F554DD73.jpeg C7B48A89-C3F3-4C0C-969E-34D30866F79A.jpeg
Do you have the box and they’re authentic? I honestly wouldn’t worry. I currently have 8 pair and don’t have ID cards. I have sold a few pair and it was never an issue.
I just checked my sizes-half are 38..5 and half are 39. Both fit fine-I think we’re about the same size.

Thank you for your opinion.

I have no doubt they are authentic. I‘ve bought them from Fashionette and had never any bad experience in the past.
I have the box and the dustbags and compared everything with the reef shell pair I received yesterday. No difference despite color and size.

Our sizing seems to be the same, oh yes. :smile:

As you have so many pairs: what was your experience regarding stretching over time?

Did the 38.5 feel tight at the beginning?

I tried nudes on again today and it is still a snug fit but much better than yesterday. Maybe I was right and swollen feet at the end of a very hot day made it worse.

At the moment I could were the 38.5 with nylon socks and the 39 with sneaker socks comfortably.

View attachment 4462626 View attachment 4462627 View attachment 4462628 View attachment 4462629

Thank you for your opinion.

I have no doubt they are authentic. I‘ve bought them from Fashionette and had never any bad experience in the past.
I have the box and the dustbags and compared everything with the reef shell pair I received yesterday. No difference despite color and size.

Our sizing seems to be the same, oh yes. :smile:

As you have so many pairs: what was your experience regarding stretching over time?

Did the 38.5 feel tight at the beginning?

I tried nudes on again today and it is still a snug fit but much better than yesterday. Maybe I was right and swollen feet at the end of a very hot day made it worse.

At the moment I could were the 38.5 with nylon socks and the 39 with sneaker socks comfortably.
They absolutely will stretch. The leather is pretty soft and giving. You will be fine!

Reactions: EmmaPeel
I wore my nude Susannas today for the first time asking myself why I haven’t bought them years ago!

They are so pretty! In the past I thought they are way too extraordinary for me but although they look that special they are very clean and classy. Does this make sense? :hrmm::biggrin:

Literally I could pick the most boring piece of clothing out of my closet and combined with the Susannas it would be elevated instantly to an outfit.

I totally understand why these shoes are still around after 11 years. They look like a trend piece but they are beautiful classics.

Btw: the beige pair still sits tight but after just 30 minutes walking they already seem to stretch a bit.

Reactions: rdgldy and Kmora
I wore my nude Susannas today for the first time asking myself why I haven’t bought them years ago!

They are so pretty! In the past I thought they are way too extraordinary for me but although they look that special they are very clean and classy. Does this make sense? :hrmm::biggrin:

Literally I could pick the most boring piece of clothing out of my closet and combined with the Susannas it would be elevated instantly to an outfit.

I totally understand why these shoes are still around after 11 years. They look like a trend piece but they are beautiful classics.

Btw: the beige pair still sits tight but after just 30 minutes walking they already seem to stretch a bit.
I stretched the brown maple with thick socks and they’re perfect now. Hardware is actually gold, and they were under $500. Crazy deal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 425
Sorry for the delay, I left this important job for the WE. Luckily I went a half size up. 38.5. They are a perfect fit. I can slip them on and off without unzipping. A half size down and I would have have blister on my right pinkie. No, thank you.
They are lovely! They may just be the most versatile shoes I own. When I first opened the box I thought: "Oh, this is... eccentric..." (I don't have anything snake print or animal print.) Now I love them and I know I will wear them to death. They can offset any "good girl" outfit. Perfect.

Attachments

• 20190622_171102.jpg
    20190622_171102.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 401
  • 20190622_171054.jpg
    20190622_171054.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 412
  • 20190622_170241.jpg
    20190622_170241.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 417
  • 20190622_170818.jpg
    20190622_170818.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
Echoing what so many have said here before: Chloe Susannas are HUGE.
I'm a 37.5 in all shoes (Gucci, Miu Miu, Grenson, YSL, Church's, Chanel, Manolos, See by Chloe etc etc) except Louboutin, Isabel Marant, Rag & Bone and APC, when I'm a 38, and Acne, where I'm a 37. I can always buy shoes online on that basis without trying them on, safe in the knowledge they'll fit. These are a whole other story. Having sent two pairs back to Net-a-Porter (who say in the description that they fit true to size - this is crazy), I gave up and went to Liberty to try them on. I ended up with a 36.5, which fitted perfectly and stretched comfortably and quickly. I haven't worn shoes in this size since I was a child. It's crazy. Save yourself the pain of sending back repeatedly - don't even bother trying in your usual size.

1. What colour boots do you have? BLACK WITH GOLD STUDS.
  2. Which year are they from (i.e. original Susan's from 2008 in lambskin or reissued Susanna's from 2011/2012 in calf leather)? 2019.
  3. Where did you buy yours? LIBERTY LONDON.
  4. Do you find they run TTS? THEY ARE HUGE.
  5. Did you size down/up? TOOK A WHOLE SIZE DOWN.
  6. Have your boots stretched since you first bought them? YES, COMFORTABLY RATHER THAN EXCESSIVELY.
  7. Do you require insoles/heel grips? NO.
  8. If you have them in different colours, which are your favourites and/or which colour do you wear most?
  9. What is your height/build? Do you find them flattering? 5,3", PETITE BUILD. YES, THEY'RE FLATTERING, BUT NOT AS LEG FLATTERING AS SAY, ACNE PISTOLS.
  10. What do you wear yours with? Please feel free to post pictures of your outfit in this Chloe Susan/Susanna outfit thread HERE. THEY LOOK GREAT WITH MAXI DRESSES, JEANS, SHORTS, MINIS, SLOPPY SWEATERS AND TIGHTS. I THINK THE ONLY THING THEY DON'T LOOK GREAT WITH IS MIDI LENGTH DRESSES AND SKIRTS.

Echoing what so many have said here before: Chloe Susannas are HUGE.
I'm a 37.5 in all shoes (Gucci, Miu Miu, Grenson, YSL, Church's, Chanel, Manolos, See by Chloe etc etc) except Louboutin, Isabel Marant, Rag & Bone and APC, when I'm a 38, and Acne, where I'm a 37. I can always buy shoes online on that basis without trying them on, safe in the knowledge they'll fit. These are a whole other story. Having sent two pairs back to Net-a-Porter (who say in the description that they fit true to size - this is crazy), I gave up and went to Liberty to try them on. I ended up with a 36.5, which fitted perfectly and stretched comfortably and quickly. I haven't worn shoes in this size since I was a child. It's crazy. Save yourself the pain of sending back repeatedly - don't even bother trying in your usual size.

1. What colour boots do you have? BLACK WITH GOLD STUDS.
  2. Which year are they from (i.e. original Susan's from 2008 in lambskin or reissued Susanna's from 2011/2012 in calf leather)? 2019.
  3. Where did you buy yours? LIBERTY LONDON.
  4. Do you find they run TTS? THEY ARE HUGE.
  5. Did you size down/up? TOOK A WHOLE SIZE DOWN.
  6. Have your boots stretched since you first bought them? YES, COMFORTABLY RATHER THAN EXCESSIVELY.
  7. Do you require insoles/heel grips? NO.
  8. If you have them in different colours, which are your favourites and/or which colour do you wear most?
  9. What is your height/build? Do you find them flattering? 5,3", PETITE BUILD. YES, THEY'RE FLATTERING, BUT NOT AS LEG FLATTERING AS SAY, ACNE PISTOLS.
  10. What do you wear yours with? Please feel free to post pictures of your outfit in this Chloe Susan/Susanna outfit thread HERE. THEY LOOK GREAT WITH MAXI DRESSES, JEANS, SHORTS, MINIS, SLOPPY SWEATERS AND TIGHTS. I THINK THE ONLY THING THEY DON'T LOOK GREAT WITH IS MIDI LENGTH DRESSES AND SKIRTS.

I have to disagree. I'm a true 37 in EVERYTHING that is TTS, and I find the 37s in the Susannas are by far the best fit. I have a size 36.5 that I make work, but they are noticeabley on the tight side, so I wear them for shorter excursions.

Reactions: Darina Angelova
I have the Givenchy Prue studded boots, I’m usually a UK size 5 or a 38, with very slightly wide feet but had to size down to 37.

I’m wondering whether I need to do the same with the Susanna’s - does anyone have both, and could advise how the sizing compares please?