Alma PM discontinued?!

jenlee8751

Nov 7, 2015
Found this out from my SA today when I wanted to add an Epi to my collection. The entire PM line is being discontinued! Monogram and all. I can't believe this as this one of their flagship bags! I had to order it, but the order won't go in until Monday, so I have no clue if I will actually grab one of the few remaining left in inventory.

Definitely not discontinued (for now), but the production in numbers and materials is not the same as before since the brand is now trying to push other models.
Hmm - I don't know why she told me it was discontinued - maybe just the epi? I do know that in the DC metro area, none of the stores had any PM in stock - in monogram or any other material.

Hmm - I don't know why she told me it was discontinued - maybe just the epi? I do know that in the DC metro area, none of the stores had any PM in stock - in monogram or any other material.

The épi is definitely still available today and will be for the near future at least. The fact that some areas, or even countries do not have a high inventory of x item at x time does not mean that it is discontinued. For example, the Pochette métis has always been hard to come by in the US, but it is always readily available in Japan. Another example is the Dauphine, which until some weeks ago, was impossible to come by in some countries, but was readily available in Asia in very large amounts.

Going back to the Alma, of course that the in-store stock and produced colors are very few compared to 2014, to name a “recent” year with many options available, but your SA should definitely be able to source one from you with full deposit since this is required now even to get a Neverfull MM.

As for why your SA told you this, maybe she/he was misled by the store/local management or maybe she/he made it up.

Reactions: blondiekinz
The épi is definitely still available today and will be for the near future at least. The fact that some areas, or even countries do not have a high inventory of x item at x time does not mean that it is discontinued. For example, the Pochette métis has always been hard to come by in the US, but it is always readily available in Japan. Another example is the Dauphine, which until some weeks ago, was impossible to come by in some countries, but was readily available in Asia in very large amounts.

Going back to the Alma, of course that the in-store stock and produced colors are very few compared to 2014, to name a “recent” year with many options available, but your SA should definitely be able to source one from you with full deposit since this is required now even to get a Neverfull MM.

As for why your SA told you this, maybe she/he was misled by the store/local management or maybe she/he made it up.
This is helpful. Thanks so much for the clarification! Apparently, she searched the national stock, so I did leave a full deposit, though she said she wouldn't be able to put the order in until Monday morning (not sure why). So I guess I will just have to hold my breath until then!

This is helpful. Thanks so much for the clarification! Apparently, she searched the national stock, so I did leave a full deposit, though she said she wouldn't be able to put the order in until Monday morning (not sure why). So I guess I will just have to hold my breath until then!

My pleasure! Which exact color are you looking for?

ETA: The new system will get one from the nearest store with the lowest sales flow of the bag you are looking for and I am 100% certain there must be at least three or so in NY or maybe even in NJ or Philly, so I would get into the fire just to guarantee you that you are getting your bag. *Gets burned* LOL, just kidding!

All your SA has to do is grab her/his iPhone and place the order; then you should get your lovely Alma PM in way less than three weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: COCOLUVR
My pleasure! Which exact color are you looking for?

ETA: The new system will get one from the nearest store with the lowest sales flow of the bag you are looking for and I am 100% certain there must be at least three or so in NY or maybe even in NJ or Philly, so I would get into the fire just to guarantee you that you are getting your bag. *Gets burned* LOL, just kidding!

All your SA has to do is grab her/his iPhone and place the order; then you should get your lovely Alma PM in way less than three weeks.
...so she could order it right away? Why did she say she has to wait until Monday ?

...so she could order it right away? Why did she say she has to wait until Monday ?

In theory, she could! Sometimes, SA’s have to ask for the store manager’s approval to fulfill certain orders, but this is mostly only for very, very rare items, such as exotic pieces or capsule items.

The thing is that the new system bypasses this situation because the screen tells you immediately if the item is orderable or not, regardless of the in-store availability or lack thereof. This is why I cannot give you an exact answer on why she has to wait until monday — maybe she was busy (even though this takes just a minute, literally); maybe she was going to be away from the store for the weekend and SA’s are not allowed to bring their iPhones home.