Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019

Happy Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 everyone!! This sale is a holiday in its own right and we know how much you all love it too!

When sharing your purchases or items you are looking at, please post a link to the item on Nordstrom's site in this thread. Not only does it let everyone easily check out the items you are looking at, but it helps us too as we are partners with Nordstrom. We're a small team and always appreciate the support, so if you are shopping online, we'd love for you to shop through our links.

GIVEAWAY ALERT: To celebrate the occasion, we are giving away EIGHT $200 Gift Cards to 8 different tPFers during the Anniversary Sale! Click here to find out how to enter. Good luck and happy shopping!

Support tPF and shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale by using this link!

Has anyone gotten the blondo valli sale boots in black nubuck? Wondering if the sole is black like in the pics or if it’s the tan color.
Yes, the heel is black. Here are some pictures! I’m returning mine tomorrow, primarily because there is a defect (see the red arrow). It’s not exactly easy to explain, but it’s not properly stiched together.

Beyond that, the black nubuck seems like a lint magnet. I’ve only had mine out of the box for a few minutes, first to try them on and then to take these pictures. The shoes were brand new, individually wrapped in plastic bags, and yet there are a lot of tiny white specks. I’m worried about durability and how well they will hold up over time, to be honest.
392DFFF1-16A3-4B4D-BEFF-8BBC5E74E32F.jpeg
78AA8F9F-4F1B-45BA-82B5-467CF943A20C.jpeg

Yes, the heel is black. Here are some pictures! I’m returning mine tomorrow, primarily because there is a defect (see the red arrow). It’s not exactly easy to explain, but it’s not properly stiched together.

Beyond that, the black nubuck seems like a lint magnet. I’ve only had mine out of the box for a few minutes, first to try them on and then to take these pictures. The shoes were brand new, individually wrapped in plastic bags, and yet there are a lot of tiny white specks. I’m worried about durability and how well they will hold up over time, to be honest.
View attachment 4493909
View attachment 4493910

Thanks! My size is sold out anyway but I might still try them if they show up again. I prefer the black sole and so many shoes and boots have light soles this year.

Reactions: Mahatma
The color in your pic looks a lot nicer than in theirs! Hopefully yours is more accurate. Wish my store had it but I might order it to see. I can usually wear L-XXL tops, but my behind is currently requiring plus sizes. :smile:
Yeah my color is accurate. You can even see the real color in their videos and photos of the dress, just not the main stock photo. I bought it in a full size down from normal and it’s not tight at all. :tup:

Nordstrom used to restock this sale. For sure. Last year was iirc the first year all the bloggers were like “oh sh** Nordstrom didn’t restock.” A lot of them were told by well intentioned SAs that there would be restocks. Actually BusbeeStyle was told (last year or 2017...can’t recall) that not only would they restock, but there would be new additions when public access opened. Some of you may remember we were all trying to figure out what the new additions were, and there was nothing. Busbee Style said in a haul video how disappointed she was that the restock she was told about never happened. I re-watched last years NSale YouTube videos before the sale this year (I was excited, don’t judge). This year a few items were replenished from what I saw, but no there was no official release of new inventory. Everyone knew this would be the case...the experienced NSale youtubers warned that Nordstrom probably wouldn’t restock everything based on last year.
If I’m honest, I don’t mind that they don’t restock for public access. But the real reason we are all upset is that they should definitely have enough inventory for cardholders.
They most certainly did used to restock for the public sale. I almost always could find sold out items that were listed again. Yes, they used to also have new items that they would add to the sale over time. I miss those days.

So, I erroneously decided to order a pair of pants today and two other items. I am located in a place that doesn't have USPS delivery (it's a small mountain town). Therefore, I always have to have expedited shipping to get it to come UPS or Fedex. I did the expedited shipping today. Well, all three items shipped, but one is being delivered via USPS in up to 2 weeks! So, not only is not being expedited, but it will get returned to sender. Moreover, I wouldn't have paid for expedited shipping or bought the item had I known it wouldn't come quickly. I called customer service and they essentially told me there is nothing they can do and I have to wait for the item to finish shipping to even do anything. I recall this happened to someone else too. I am so frustrated by this. Thanks for letting me rant. I should have known better than to try to order more stuff.

I went in store today in hopes of restocks. You wouldn’t even know it was the first day of the live sale. The whole store was in disarray. Items were rounded up in various brands/sizes in “last few” racks. It was pathetic.
I found the Halogen leopard print cardigan. I’m normally an XS and it’s tts. It’s thinner than I expected and the sleeves are a touch short. But it lays nicely so I think I’ll keep it.
I managed to have an SA find me a pair of Zella Taryn joggers in XS. You would have thought she was handing me her first born. We’ll see how they compare to the Zella live in joggers that are on their way.

Reactions: Espressa
Finally was able to make it to my local Nordstrom store for the sale!

Unfortunately my store didn’t really have a lot of stock in the items I wanted.

Ordered this cute blazer in navy from Jcrew
https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/j-cr...urce=recbot&recs_page_type=search&recs_seed=0

Also bought the AG Farrah jeans in a size 25 even though I’m a 24 because it showed sold out on line and in store. https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/ag-t...gin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&color=none
When I came home I checked on line and it showed available in my size so I bought it right away! I guess they do restock in between!! Yay!!

Reactions: unusual
I've often felt that way about contacting my SA. He works in designer, and I know he always deals with clients who are more on the spendy side. Granted, I am Icon (won't be after the end of the year), but I only spend a lot of money on one item if it is on sale (rarely regular price). So sometimes I feel like he is wasting his time with my wishlist items that are low price points (whether for the NAS or just other clearance items). However, he's said multiple times/sent multiple emails that he is happy to find items even if they have been sold out for a while and that it isn't a waste of his time. If it doesn't look like it is something stalk-able online, then I contact him so he can add the items to my ongoing list and check on them whenever he has a free moment.

I feel like if they are items you still want to stalk yourself, then you should ask your SA to also stalk. I am pretty sure he has a bunch of other clients who are also doing the same. I worked in retail for almost 10 years before, and I know trying to get happy customers who return to you is always desirable. It means that in the long run, they will spend more money with you, so the payout is worth it. Plus, they introduce their family and friends to you, so you build a bigger clientele. Good luck with your search!

LOL... You were actually my contact with your sales rep last year.. when you said he was in designer I thought that it sounded so familiar... thank you again. He was/is awesome... I thought about just giving him my whole list when the icons were saying stuff was selling out before early access opened since I have the dreaded influencer status level. But I didn’t want to saddle him with returns that may happen. As there were a couple of shoes and some new denim brands I was unsure of.