Question about Walk ‘N’ Dior sneakers

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
...the tongue of the shoes is pressing against the top of my feet and leaving a red mark. While not exactly painful, it’s uncomfortable. I’ve not worn them out yet, just around the house on the carpet. I really love them and want them to work! Does anyone own these sneakers and does the tongue soften up over time? TIA.

Attachments

• 779A94B1-E76D-4C01-98AC-0B9127328197.jpeg
    779A94B1-E76D-4C01-98AC-0B9127328197.jpeg
    244.6 KB · Views: 140
...the tongue of the shoes is pressing against the top of my feet and leaving a red mark. While not exactly painful, it’s uncomfortable. I’ve not worn them out yet, just around the house on the carpet. I really love them and want them to work! Does anyone own these sneakers and does the tongue soften up over time? TIA.
I had the same issue with the gucci aces and was at the verge of returning them.
Then my bf suggested to “loosen up” the whole laces. Never had issues since...

I had the same issue with the gucci aces and was at the verge of returning them.
Then my bf suggested to “loosen up” the whole laces. Never had issues since...

I did loosen the lace nearest to the tongue but it didn’t seem to make much difference - the edge of the tongue is really rigid. It’s canvas and doesn’t feel like it will soften up. My feet are actually extremely narrow so if I loosen the laces too much my heels slip out. They’re already a little loose on the back as it is. I will give them another go in the morning when the redness on my feet calms down. It’s really disappointing as I think they’re a great shoe!

I did loosen the lace nearest to the tongue but it didn’t seem to make much difference - the edge of the tongue is really rigid. It’s canvas and doesn’t feel like it will soften up. My feet are actually extremely narrow so if I loosen the laces too much my heels slip out. They’re already a little loose on the back as it is. I will give them another go in the morning when the redness on my feet calms down. It’s really disappointing as I think they’re a great shoe!
I loosened the whole length but kept the top at more or less the same tight because of the slip out. However mine were leather, but I don’t think they would have softened the next day.
All you can do is try and if it’s not getting better, it’s a nice shoe but not a good fit maybe consider returning :/

I loosened the whole length but kept the top at more or less the same tight because of the slip out. However mine were leather, but I don’t think they would have softened the next day.
All you can do is try and if it’s not getting better, it’s a nice shoe but not a good fit maybe consider returning :/

I’m away at the moment but before I left I did try them on again briefly and I loosened the last lace completely and it did seem to make a slight difference. I’ll try again when I get home.