• Tess pink croc

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Tess sharp brown

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters

paisley*

O.G.
Oct 3, 2009
I am absolutely in love with the Tess bag.
So much so that I have ordered it in two colours and am having a hard time deciding which I like best, as I’ll only be keeping one.
I have the pink croc and my sharp brown arrived today. I was planning on returning the croc Tess as I felt the brown leather would suit me longer.
The brown arrived today and the magnetic latch won’t work
It seems to have two of the same magnet.
Waaah
Should I return both? Re order another brown?
I got the croc at a steal $1370 aud, and paid $1700 odd for the brown..

Attachments

• 60B69B9F-38D6-4EC9-9888-685343795F43.jpeg
    60B69B9F-38D6-4EC9-9888-685343795F43.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 462
  • B0E52654-10B2-4150-8433-5CD07043662A.jpeg
    B0E52654-10B2-4150-8433-5CD07043662A.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 456
I am absolutely in love with the Tess bag.
So much so that I have ordered it in two colours and am having a hard time deciding which I like best, as I’ll only be keeping one.
I have the pink croc and my sharp brown arrived today. I was planning on returning the croc Tess as I felt the brown leather would suit me longer.
The brown arrived today and the magnetic latch won’t work
It seems to have two of the same magnet.
Waaah
Should I return both? Re order another brown?
I got the croc at a steal $1370 aud, and paid $1700 odd for the brown..

I had Tess in medium in camel color . I think it’s called something else . Anyways it was my favorite bag and I was wearing it daily but after probably 5 months maybe little less ; front hardware started to change color to silver . Also hardware that holds shoulder straps rubs together and started turn color too . I can see hairline black scratches . I was devastated and took back to my department store where I got it and they apologized and refunded me . Honestly only reason I was lucky enough to rerun it is because I had account with them for years and it was a new bag and they saw bag was in great condition except hardware failing.

I called Chloe and honestly they were very rude . The girl on the phone told me that they tell their clients that this is not everyday bag and you have to be careful . The hardware is pleated and it will change color. She was telling me that they will fix it and I will have to pay for it .

Let me tell you why I’m so annoyed by it. So many reasons ; one - Chloe is a casual brand to me , they advertise this free spirited hippie vibe . Everything screams I’m a day bag but honestly you cannot wear it all the time , like what?!

Also their customer service is exceptionally rude , I would have got another style but after that phone call I basically felt like I would rather never deal with them. Mind you I had bag repaired from Gucci and they were so nice , reassuring . Although it took almost 2 months to get my bag back , during process they were very polite. Also i have some other styles from Gucci with brass and gold hardware and it unheard of the brass or gold turning color or getting scratched. You would never get Louis Vuitton and have hardware change color . Celine hardware will never change color .

I just have to point out regardless of how popular this bag is , its very bad quality. Just be aware that you need to make sure to use it not everyday .

I had Tess in medium in camel color . I think it’s called something else . Anyways it was my favorite bag and I was wearing it daily but after probably 5 months maybe little less ; front hardware started to change color to silver .

You would never get Louis Vuitton and have hardware change color . Celine hardware will never change color .

I just have to point out regardless of how popular this bag is , its very bad quality. Just be aware that you need to make sure to use it not everyday .

I’m sorry for your troubles.

I just want to say lots of gold hardware changes color over time, maybe not that fast but it happens & definitely does with Louis Vuitton too as you can see by the pictures of my pochette hardware (the loops not the zip are now silver color) It doesn’t bother me a bit but this is a 12 year old item. I don’t recall when it started turning. Never say never.
45E1EE77-10C6-4F7A-9B31-30EFBC743E05.jpeg 807139FD-91CC-4C67-8220-BC40A8636050.jpeg 5EB2B561-7D69-4529-96AB-8F47FD341309.jpeg

The whole beauty and charm of Tess bag is the gold hardware just shining against leather . Also 5 months is pretty short period of time . Not only front ring started to turn silver . There was hairline black lines from hardware rubbing on each other. It’s also very hard to stop doing that because every time you move bag and hardware jiggles .
I have Gucci marmont and chain rubs against clothes . I wear pretty frequently and there isn’t even 1 visible scratch on it .
Also your bag front and center is leather logo and hardware is not very noticeable . 10 years is pretty long time to get use out of a bag and it still holds up . That’s just amazing .

If you were to call Louis Vuitton and tell them they would probably apologize and try to fix it but Chloe was like “ yeah ! We tell our clients not to frequently use it , not a daily bag !” It’s pleated hardware!
So it’s like a cheap pleated jewelry is what they’re saying.

I don’t know about anyone but when I buy my bags it’s actually use it .

I was so disappointed and I am letting people know because there is nothing more aggravating than spending so much money and having a bag that’s not going to hold up!

Reactions: LaMiaMia
The whole beauty and charm of Tess bag is the gold hardware just shining against leather . Also 5 months is pretty short period of time . Not only front ring started to turn silver . There was hairline black lines from hardware rubbing on each other. It’s also very hard to stop doing that because every time you move bag and hardware jiggles .
I have Gucci marmont and chain rubs against clothes . I wear pretty frequently and there isn’t even 1 visible scratch on it .
Also your bag front and center is leather logo and hardware is not very noticeable . 10 years is pretty long time to get use out of a bag and it still holds up . That’s just amazing .

If you were to call Louis Vuitton and tell them they would probably apologize and try to fix it but Chloe was like “ yeah ! We tell our clients not to frequently use it , not a daily bag !” It’s pleated hardware!
So it’s like a cheap pleated jewelry is what they’re saying.

I don’t know about anyone but when I buy my bags it’s actually use it .

I was so disappointed and I am letting people know because there is nothing more aggravating than spending so much money and having a bag that’s not going to hold up!

Agree 5 mos is very short. I have the small Roy & Roy bucket with substantial gold hardware. No issues yet but I don’t use them every day. Again, I’m sorry for your trouble, just pointing out many use plated hardware & eventually it does/will turn. Some do it better than others.

You definitely did NOT receive good service.

I had Tess in medium in camel color . I think it’s called something else . Anyways it was my favorite bag and I was wearing it daily but after probably 5 months maybe little less ; front hardware started to change color to silver . Also hardware that holds shoulder straps rubs together and started turn color too . I can see hairline black scratches . I was devastated and took back to my department store where I got it and they apologized and refunded me . Honestly only reason I was lucky enough to rerun it is because I had account with them for years and it was a new bag and they saw bag was in great condition except hardware failing.

I called Chloe and honestly they were very rude . The girl on the phone told me that they tell their clients that this is not everyday bag and you have to be careful . The hardware is pleated and it will change color. She was telling me that they will fix it and I will have to pay for it .

Let me tell you why I’m so annoyed by it. So many reasons ; one - Chloe is a casual brand to me , they advertise this free spirited hippie vibe . Everything screams I’m a day bag but honestly you cannot wear it all the time , like what?!

Also their customer service is exceptionally rude , I would have got another style but after that phone call I basically felt like I would rather never deal with them. Mind you I had bag repaired from Gucci and they were so nice , reassuring . Although it took almost 2 months to get my bag back , during process they were very polite. Also i have some other styles from Gucci with brass and gold hardware and it unheard of the brass or gold turning color or getting scratched. You would never get Louis Vuitton and have hardware change color . Celine hardware will never change color .

The ring hardware on my LV Delightful has started turning. I’ve had it for just one year.

I just bought the sepia brown Tess bag for a great price but now I’m second guessing the colour. I tend to wear cream, pinks, greys and blue and black a lot. Do you think I should have gotten the motty grey colour? Unfortunately the grey is full price.

Attachments

• 113C1710-39DE-4249-AFF9-EB1C4683DF68.jpeg
    113C1710-39DE-4249-AFF9-EB1C4683DF68.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 65
  • F0A9E787-29CC-43A7-8832-689218DD58C2.jpeg
    F0A9E787-29CC-43A7-8832-689218DD58C2.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 65