Pochette Métis (2019) quality issues

Agataalt

Jul 16, 2019
Hi,

I wonder, have you ever had a feeling that the quality of Pochette Métis (monogram) made in France is not exactly as you would expect considering the price and the brand. I got mine via pre sale directly from LV and first one I received was unacceptable due to quality issues. It looked like a second quality product. The second one I got it’s better but still they couldn’t make the both corners same! Left one is nice and rounded and the right one is like kind of straight. Also I checked a top handle style of

Attachments

• 35B060D5-0359-41EC-B15A-C6CB19BFC1B4.jpeg
    35B060D5-0359-41EC-B15A-C6CB19BFC1B4.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 681
  • C4687058-BF0A-443B-8BB6-6D3ECF0461C5.jpeg
    C4687058-BF0A-443B-8BB6-6D3ECF0461C5.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 672
  • 1722E219-E981-4037-B388-048B09E66C6A.jpeg
    1722E219-E981-4037-B388-048B09E66C6A.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 677
Agree with @KimTX. Corners will be slightly wonky since it's handmade.
Tbh, I think that a lot of my MIU is slightly better quality than my MIF items!

I definitely think if it drives you crazy then I would try to exchange it for another one. The difficulty in online ordering is you get what you get...You could possibly receive another one with a different flaw. Is there a local boutique that you can have the PM sent to and inspect there?

I'm picky about wanting new items to look immaculate too so the mark on the handle would probably bother me. Good luck with your search.

Reactions: baninny
Agree with @KimTX. Corners will be slightly wonky since it's handmade.
Tbh, I think that a lot of my MIU is slightly better quality than my MIF items!

I definitely think if it drives you crazy then I would try to exchange it for another one. The difficulty in online ordering is you get what you get...You could possibly receive another one with a different flaw. Is there a local boutique that you can have the PM sent to and inspect there?

I'm picky about wanting new items to look immaculate too so the mark on the handle would probably bother me. Good luck with your search.
Ack- I didn't notice the marks on the handle b/c I was focused on the lettering, but now I do and that would for sure push me to return. But as I said, I'm picky with my luxe bags. And the good news is, someone else, like some of the people replying here, would be happy with it and the company is not losing money. It's a win-win. You get the bag you want, and someone else will get and love this bag.

Reactions: PurseAddict728
I would never expect a good Pochette Metis considering the number of documented problems with the bag.

That said, I think the one in the pics is fine.

My Pochette Metis is just fine. We may only be reading a "few" of the flaws listed here on TPF when there have been millions of this bag produced. My friend also has the mono PM, reverse and Empriente and all of her bags are fine as well.

Ack- I didn't notice the marks on the handle b/c I was focused on the lettering, but now I do and that would for sure push me to return. But as I said, I'm picky with my luxe bags. And the good news is, someone else, like some of the people replying here, would be happy with it and the company is not losing money. It's a win-win. You get the bag you want, and someone else will get and love this bag.
True, and it's all about personal preference and comfort levels I've noticed on TPF. I do want my luxury items too look perfect when I initially buy them or acceptable in my eyes. But, everyone is different. I don't usually post "flaws" on TPF because if I'm not happy with it then I don't need confirmation from anyone but me.

My Pochette Métis was purchased on November 18, 2018 and I haven't really noticed anything wrong with it and thankfully I haven't had any glazing issues. If the bag came with the mark on the top handle and the uneven corners - I would most definitely exchange it for a new one or return it, whichever your store will allow.