Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019

Happy Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 everyone!! This sale is a holiday in its own right and we know how much you all love it too!

When sharing your purchases or items you are looking at, please post a link to the item on Nordstrom's site in this thread. Not only does it let everyone easily check out the items you are looking at, but it helps us too as we are partners with Nordstrom. We're a small team and always appreciate the support, so if you are shopping online, we'd love for you to shop through our links.

GIVEAWAY ALERT: To celebrate the occasion, we are giving away EIGHT $200 Gift Cards to 8 different tPFers during the Anniversary Sale! Click here to find out how to enter. Good luck and happy shopping!

Support tPF and shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale by using this link!

Ok so I got a large order in the mail today and unfortunately a lot Is going back.
Sanctuary Rowen Military Jacket in Camo
Still in the fence with this one. Love the weight of material, it’s lighter and not heavy, the hardware is nice, love the drawstring in the waistline. I definitely like it but I’m not sure I love it and that’s a must to get a position in my closet.
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/sanctuary-rowen-drawstring-waist-military-jacket/5263737
I love this jacket! I ordered it Thursday and it's still "getting ready" - how was sizing? I find sanctuary usually runs a bit big so I was going to get a S, but they only had a M so I went with that. I hope with the drawstring it will be fine... (if it ever ships)...

The Caslon rounded-v tee is my go to piece. I order at least two each sale. I still have one from three years ago and they hold up really well - I always wash delicate cycle and hang dry. I’ve gotten more lax with older ones and will just wash and dry like normal and they just stretch out a bit. Picked up gray and this gorgeous red! https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/caslon-rounded-v-neck-tee-regular-petite/4061980

Did you notice a difference in the fit this year? Maybe my older ones are stretched out, but I thought the sleeves and waist were smaller.

I can’t stand polyester, modal, rayon, lyocell... they make me hot and sweaty so why are almost all yoga pants now made of polyester?!

The Equipment example reminds me of jcrew vs made for jcrew factory: take a popular style and make it in a cheaper fabric to cut costs. Is that what NAS has come to? The Nordstrom factory store?
I think I’m one of the odd people that prefers modal and polyester for my tops, even though it’s sweaty. I should note that I’m not in the category of people spending $200 on a top though, I’m referring to basic, every day tees or sleeveless tops.

I’m a 34H with a long torso, and if the material I’m wearing doesn’t have stretch to it then I’ll look pregnant (without stretch, I have to size up for my bust and the stomach is too loose). Also, nothing bothers me more than shirts that shrink. I hate short tops more than anything...they look awful on me. And no matter how I’ve washed and dried them, I’ve yet to find cotton tees that don’t shrink up or lose their shape.

Because of this, the vast majority of my everyday tops are Halogen v necks, tunics, and a couple crewneck shirts. The crewnecks are a modal/cotton blend so they do shrink just a tiny bit, but not terrible. I have, I don’t even know, 10-15 of their tops? (I would get up to check but my daughter just got back from being out of state with her dad and she’s fast asleep cuddled up next to me!)

So I totally get why some people want only pure cotton or silk or whatever, but not everyone wants to spend a ton of money on basics. I have a kid and 3 cats, and I’m home all the time. There’s just no reason for me to buy expensive tops, and the Halogen modal ones have fit the perfect balance of quality and price for me. They’re soft, they’ve held up well through multiple washes, and I almost get them on sale so it’s like $16-$25 per shirt.

Anyway, that’s just my 2 cents. That said, I think it’s completely understandable that if you’re buying designer clothes at designer prices, you expect designer material. :smile:

Thank you for the in depth review. I did order TTS and one size down so will return what doesn't work. I haven't bought the shorts yet because the color I wanted sold out. I shouldn't have delayed lol
Glad to help! I’m hoping the shorts work out better because I’m desperately in need of some nice short pajama sets. I’ll be sure to post when I receive them. I think they’re supposed to come on Wednesday. I’ve heard that target has pjs very similar to the moonlight ones (multiple people have mentioned it in this thread, so you probably already know that!). I got the purple shake and purple floral colors though, so they aren’t just like the black or navy ones that target has...

Reactions: jblady
whatever happened to that other pink allsaints sweater? I feel like I never even saw it... not even online on ambassador day. did it sell out that quick? was it the same sweater as above but just a solid pink color or was it a different style? in that blogger video that one of you posted it looked lovely. im having a love affair with allsaints lately...

The solid pink was different. It was fitted in the lower arm and stomach so it had kinda a blousy effect. It was a little odd, but I could see it working on the right person.

Reactions: buggiewomma
F3BF281E-1B0C-4036-955F-539134835B34.jpeg

So far, so good! Best surprise is the Chelsea28 v-neck sweater. Keeping Black and Tan (Med); went back to order green and pink. I hope they wash nicely.

Barbour jacket is so nice! Spot on tts 10 with room for a light sweater.

Aquatalia booties are so fun, and a reliable, high-quality brand for my narrow foot.

Most disappointed in the J Crew leopard t shirt (med). Fit was a touch small and clingy. So thin.

BP stripe tees were way shorter than on the models.

Madewell gold jacket is in the maybe pile. Boxy, slightly stiff, but one of my most flattering colors.

did anyone get this allsaints sweater?
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/allsaints-cassia-stripe-boat-neck-sweater/5274692
curious about the itchy factor and whether that suspicious "polyamide" makes the fabric yucky or softer than straight wool?

whatever happened to that other pink allsaints sweater? I feel like I never even saw it... not even online on ambassador day. did it sell out that quick? was it the same sweater as above but just a solid pink color or was it a different style? in that blogger video that one of you posted it looked lovely. im having a love affair with allsaints lately...

I saw this in store and didn’t even try on because it was so itchy.
And yes! Where is that other All Saints. I swear I saw it too.

I ordered a barefoot dreams in the wild blanket Friday afternoon and just got notification today that it cancelled. Sigh I’m so sad because we just bought a house and I totally envisioned a blanket on in our new living room. Sounds so silly ha. I read a post awhile back that Nordstroms will honor the sale price of an item if a person ordered it during the sale and it got cancelled. Has anyone had experience doing this? Thanks in advance!
They have honored the sale price in the past for the same exact item (color, design, size) if it comes back in stock within a certain timeframe of the NAS. I would call CS and see what the policy is. The same thing happened last year to me with a BFD throw and it did come back into stock within a week of the sale ending- the sale price was honored. But I would check- good luck.

I love this jacket! I ordered it Thursday and it's still "getting ready" - how was sizing? I find sanctuary usually runs a bit big so I was going to get a S, but they only had a M so I went with that. I hope with the drawstring it will be fine... (if it ever ships)...

I ordered the large and I’d say it’s TTS. I have broad shoulders and sometimes find too much fabric in the body of clothes I buy because of the large size. And with the drawstring I wouldn’t have to do that. I don’t feel there’s too much.

Reactions: buggiewomma