Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019

Happy Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 everyone!! This sale is a holiday in its own right and we know how much you all love it too!

When sharing your purchases or items you are looking at, please post a link to the item on Nordstrom's site in this thread. Not only does it let everyone easily check out the items you are looking at, but it helps us too as we are partners with Nordstrom. We're a small team and always appreciate the support, so if you are shopping online, we'd love for you to shop through our links.

GIVEAWAY ALERT: To celebrate the occasion, we are giving away EIGHT $200 Gift Cards to 8 different tPFers during the Anniversary Sale! Click here to find out how to enter. Good luck and happy shopping!

Support tPF and shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale by using this link!

Question, Does anyone know, once online access starts, do you have to use your Nordy's card for all purchases? TIA

Wondering if we can use the following:
Nordies gift card
Nordies Note
Other credit cards
TIA

PS Sorry, for some reason, I originally thought icons could shop online today. :blush:

Last edited:
How did you find the sizing to run on the Good American leopard jeans and the Nordstrom Signature sweater? Did you need to have the jeans shortened (I am your height, so I find your comments about fit to be very helpful). TIA
I wear a 30 or 31 in jeans. In Good American I wear a 10and it’s a great fit. The leopard print I won’t have to have hemmed. They are the perfect length!
The Nordstrom Signature sweater I tried both the medium and large. The large has kind of a cool over sized vibe to it but I felt had too much extra material in the mid section which is something I DONT need. Then I tried the medium and it’s a perfect fit. Still long enough to have that loose comfortable vibe but not too long. I think this sweater will be my favorite purchase of the sale.

I think the Tom Ford products are almost gone, including the palette. The store sold out of the palette today apparently. Tom Ford isn't my favorite makeup brand but the palette is nice. https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/tom-ford-eye-mini-lip-set-126-value/5271150

I also think it's interesting that certain things put on NAS are not new items and are rather just discounted. I know they did this for the towels, but they also did it for certain clothing items too. https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bp-cozy-top-regular-plus-size/5197566 Is not a new item and in the store it was still marked at its full price. The website listing has changed (I guess in anticipation of the sale starting online tomorrow) but up until yesterday you could still buy this for full price online with certain sizes sold out, because I'm pretty sure it's a pretty old/common item. Just an interesting observation. I always thought NAS advertising implied the clothing items were new.
The stuff that isn’t made for the sale, but is discounted is the sweet spot. A lot of the made for sale stuff is low quality and only made for the sale, and is meant to be sold at a discount but you better believe those companies are keeping the same profit margin by using worse fabrics, worse cuts, worse QC, etc The high quality deals are the stuff that’s year round but discounted now.

The stuff that isn’t made for the sale, but is discounted is the sweet spot. A lot of the made for sale stuff is low quality and only made for the sale, and is meant to be sold at a discount but you better believe those companies are keeping the same profit margin by using worse fabrics, worse cuts, worse QC, etc The high quality deals are the stuff that’s year round but discounted now.

I was more making a comment about how I always believed Nordstrom advertised items for NAS as made for the sale, aka, new items discounted before they hit the shelves full price for fall. These items might very well be better made, but I still thought it was interesting that clearly not all items included are new.

This is true. I remember years ago, they had a Chloe bag for the Anniversary sale. I had never seen Chloe use such leather. It looked beaten and shop worn on the first day. The bags still sold out quickly because customers didn't care - the Anniversary Sale included a Chloe! I feel like I've had some good deals and missed out on some good deals but it definitely appeared that Chloe had been made just for the sale.

Love the sunglasses and animal print cardigans
What is that brow product?
I’ve never used it but my spa gal said she has a lot of clients that use it...basically by one get one free so I’m going to try it
Item #5164864
They also had an eyelash version...but I dint buy that

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 537
Does anyone know the star jacket the model is wearing in the advertising?
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bp-midi-slipdress/5177542?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&breadcrumb=Home/All Results&color=pink shock spaced tea rose
9a684027-2188-4493-80ef-ab0c277572bf.jpeg
Star Double Face trench by Avec Les Filles
Item #5841160
Sale price $189.90 ($285 after)

Great selection! I notice that you have a dark color short sleeve top/sweater and a dark color long sleeve cardigan. If you can, could you please provide a link to the Nordstrom website, for these items? Thanks!

Short Sleeve Sweater - In Navy
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/theory...&sp_campaign=T960FLSReceipt_070919_prodname14

No Cardigan this time (shockingly)- If it is the blue item behind the blazer it is this The sale price is 246.90 (not shown in the link):
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/lagenc...&sp_campaign=T960FLSReceipt_070919_prodname11

Reactions: lisaroberts
I did end up going to Mall of America today. I was a little surprised at how limited the selection was. The store wasn't that busy. I'll be interested to hear how busy stores are tomorrow when all card levels can shop.

So far I've only bought this Halogen top in yellow (may get the red flower print as well),

and a Natori bra.

Will definitely be getting some more of these Chantelle hipsters but waiting to see all the colors.

Last edited: