Official Bottega Veneta Resort 2020 Thread - post pics & discuss here.

I am with you that a lot of the changes are not for the better, but did you notice that suddenly a lot of bloggers and influencers are carrying BV? Maybe it is part of a new PR-strategy, and they have been gifted with new bags, but I noticed that some have found their old venetas (that I never saw them posing with before), and are showing them off on Instagram!

Reactions: annie9999
I am with you that a lot of the changes are not for the better, but did you notice that suddenly a lot of bloggers and influencers are carrying BV? Maybe it is part of a new PR-strategy, and they have been gifted with new bags, but I noticed that some have found their old venetas (that I never saw them posing with before), and are showing them off on Instagram!
Yes, money speaks loudly.

I have noticed this also. I follow a personal shopper on Instagram and she posted pictures today of box upon box of new Bottega shoes that she is shipping all over the world. It seems that anyone who was into "Old Celine" is now into "New Bottega". Personally, I do like some of the new stuff, but it is very different.

Reactions: annie9999
Shopping in very full Selfridges last Saturday afternoon I noticed the Bottega Veneta concession (opposite Hermes atm) was DEAD. Not sure I saw a single soul in there the whole time. I feel very sad for BV employees but I think the 'grand sweep' was too much, too soon. Businesses have to attract new customers no alienate the ones they have already.

Not that London is the barometer of everything but although middle/smaller businesses are having hard time, it's a thriving destination for international brand shopping atm.

Personally, I like Resort 2020 in terms of RTW and jewellery. Glad the old Knot hobo has returned, mine is still regularly used and woven version looks even better. Everything else accessory wise including bags looking better than previous Lee collections but not noteworthy.

Last edited:
I wanted to add a few other goodies I asked Carmel to include along with the mini Cabat.

Black card case. Here I think the large weave is really architectural.
9FD9314A-E149-4769-8D94-7FFF0CD4E244.jpeg

Small Bordeaux pouch. A very nice surprise. And I’ve played with the strap so I have a clutch, crossbody, shoulder and hand carry option.
09E338C3-8210-4F71-BEA6-98C6D4387A1D.jpeg
A dress that I was hoping it’d go with.
BCB744E0-CDD8-4D05-9EA6-8247F78D6B27.jpeg

Last edited:
M

I wasn’t either. And then I started looking more closely, tried one in grass (returned due to construction problems) but was still curious. And then I thought ‘what the heck’ I’ll consign one and boop! I liked it!
i still think looking down on the top is not a pleasant sight, lol. (Probably a holdover from my days as a practicing RN). But having it with a strap on it seems to make up for that!