The JADE thread!

Does anyone here wear tennis bracelets with their bangles? Or you think they should be worn separately?

I’m contemplating a tennis bracelet but I’m not sure if I want to wear it on my right hand and I’m afraid it will scratch up my bangles.

Reactions: Cyanide Rose
Wow!!! Love your pendants too!

For putting on bangles, I also use soap :biggrin: It really is effortless. For taking off, I've been using a plastic bag - I seem to prefer it that way :biggrin: I'm from Malaysia so I'm used to even hotter weather - I find Sg cooler in comparison and not so humid :biggrin: I've been toying with the idea of going to Sg recently - curious to go to Ultimate Jadeite

Thanks! Is Malaysia hotter? I always thought they are about the same. Where do you shop online? Can you share the site pls?

You can consider coming later this month? The sg jewellery show starts 18 July and you can have a look at the fair.

Ooh so many pretty pieces in this thread the last couple of days. I made the leap and ordered a new bangle online but I am anxious, I don't think I'll know if I'm happy until I have it in front of me.

I really like the spiral engraving on this bangle! The color actually looks lovely in the photo but I get the sense that most jade looks prettier in person. I am scared to get bangles that might be too small to get on/off comfortably... I have put on and taken off a 54mm oval bangle with the help of some hand lotion, but I am more comfortable with 57mm round... >_<

Wow, what a haul! These pieces are all great and such a variety. The purple color is so intense and reminds me of spring.

Thank you! I’m ok with ordering other items online but bangles make me nervous too. Sometimes it just takes a small patch or mark to make me dislike a bangle irl and I feel that photos don’t usually accurately show all aspects of the bangles. But should be fine if the vendor has a good return policy?

Thanks! Is Malaysia hotter? I always thought they are about the same. Where do you shop online? Can you share the site pls?

You can consider coming later this month? The sg jewellery show starts 18 July and you can have a look at the fair.

In Singapore, I can wait outdoors for a Grab Car wearing a business jacket and pants but in Malaysia, with the same attire, I already have to take off my jacket a few meters from the airport exit as I can feel the hot air coming in. I think Singapore is blessed to be an island where the wind flow is great whereas Kuala Lumpur is in a valley and heat gets trapped.

I have gotten my bangles from 3 sellers online so far - AAAjadeshop on Etsy, Ultimate Jadeite on Etsy and Mats Alice on eBay. Mats Alice doesn’t deliver to Malaysia so I use a freight forwarder. She’s ok with it and so is the freight forwarder.

That jewellery fair looks fantastic! I’m into pearls too. I don’t think I should go. I won’t be able to contain myself haha

It’s gorgeous! It’s a bit small for me. I have lost a bit of weight, so I can get a 56.5 on with lotion. I have purchased so much lately, that I shouldn’t be shopping at all but AAJ has some gorgeous rings. I wish I could find nice gold settings for some of my cabs. I may just have to have some made once I find a decent jeweler close by.

The setting for your diamond is TDF! It’s quite lovely :smile: Finding great settings is really difficult. You can find a lot of sterling silver settings but very few with gold and diamonds.
Congratulations, CR! And an added bonus of getting into more bangles :smile: I wish I could wear a "normal" size bangle but the only way I could squeeze into a 58 even is if I lost some serious weight in my knuckles, LOL. I'm probably better off this way as the most variety is in the smaller sizes imo so I am less tempted. AAJ has some serious jade candy and there is always their website (my weakness) if not in SG. I'm going to check out AAA Jadeshop now, haha!
Ooh so many pretty pieces in this thread the last couple of days. I made the leap and ordered a new bangle online but I am anxious, I don't think I'll know if I'm happy until I have it in front of me.

I really like the spiral engraving on this bangle! The color actually looks lovely in the photo but I get the sense that most jade looks prettier in person. I am scared to get bangles that might be too small to get on/off comfortably... I have put on and taken off a 54mm oval bangle with the help of some hand lotion, but I am more comfortable with 57mm round... >_<

Wow, what a haul! These pieces are all great and such a variety. The purple color is so intense and reminds me of spring.

The yin yang slices have such a nice floral pattern! I wish I could wear statement earrings but my ears are too sensitive, I end up wearing studs or otherwise very modest looking earrings most of the time. I would be inclined to take them to a jeweler and figure out a bold necklace design incorporating these pieces.

Argh, it always works that way... just when you decide you want something, someone else comes to the same realization and beats you to it. At least you got a pretty white bangle in the end!

Thanks mintea! I can't figure out the color of the spiral carved bangle (no name yet) in person either. Whitish greenish greyish blue? I love how jade has moods that way. Tonight by normal white to grey jadeite bangle looked positively green and it did not photograph at all :sad:

Does anyone here wear tennis bracelets with their bangles? Or you think they should be worn separately?

I’m contemplating a tennis bracelet but I’m not sure if I want to wear it on my right hand and I’m afraid it will scratch up my bangles.
Icyjade, thanks for sharing the lavender bangles. At least I can enjoy looking. ;) About wearing tennis bracelets with your bangles, it is usually the other way around as jadeite and nephrite scratch metal jewelry so I would worry more about the tennis bracelet. I don't wear a tennis bracelets usually though so others may be able to help more.
White and yellowish green today (and for the rest of the week)
Smokie, the yellow lines add so much interest to your bangle. It looks bright and cheery on you and quite summer-y!

I find that really relaxing my hand, and using hand soap is the easiest way. I actually tend to tense up more in stores so it’s slightly easier for me to wear tight fitting bangles at home. Smaller bangles seem to look nicer on the wrist so I actually prefer them as small as I can fit. Must try to lose more weight. Imagine if I can fit 56.... wah... even more bangle choices haha.

I really want a purple bangle to match these!
View attachment 4482222

Settings are from HK settings wholesalers via my regular jeweller. I also use AAJ to set stuff as their custom settings are nice too.

I have a hetian too but it’s 61 (I think) and a bit loose so I don’t wear as often. But is pure white so I had to get it.

Not sure where you stay but if you have a nearby Chinatown or jewelers owned by Chinese should be easier to get nice and reasonably priced settings. I think a lot of settings are made in China factories and then distributed via HK sellers so Chinese jewelers probably will have access to them.

Come visit Singapore! It’s nice and safe just super hot haha. Great food and easy transport. I can rec some places to shop if you come.

Your Hetian is lovely. This reminds me of a white Hetian bangle that I just missed out on buying a week ago. I messaged the seller to find out the width of the bangle because it wasn't listed and then wanted to buy it after she told me it's 9mm. However, I got distracted by a movie and by the time I logged in 1.5 hours later to buy it, it was gone!!! I was stunned because I'd seen it there for at least a couple of weeks and suddenly, when I wanted to get it, it was gone! Anyway, I managed to get a white jadeite bangle a couple of days later after the seller sent me extra photos so at least I have my white bangle now :biggrin:

Hi Icyjade, have you tried your other wrist? After losing a little of weight, I can fit my 60’s on my other wrist.

Unfortunately, there is nothing like that near me. We are lucky to finally have a grocery store near by, I’m kinda in the boonies. I hope to check out some shops when we go on vacation :smile:

Hi there SmokieDragon, Thanks so much! Sorry you missed the bangle, it’s great that you found a beautiful jadeite bangle instead. I think jade finds its owner, so the jadeite bangle was meant for you. Another hetian will come along :biggrin:

The yin yang slices have such a nice floral pattern! I wish I could wear statement earrings but my ears are too sensitive, I end up wearing studs or otherwise very modest looking earrings most of the time. I would be inclined to take them to a jeweler and figure out a bold necklace design incorporating these pieces.

Argh, it always works that way... just when you decide you want something, someone else comes to the same realization and beats you to it. At least you got a pretty white bangle in the end!

Congratulations, CR! And an added bonus of getting into more bangles :smile: I wish I could wear a "normal" size bangle but the only way I could squeeze into a 58 even is if I lost some serious weight in my knuckles, LOL. I'm probably better off this way as the most variety is in the smaller sizes imo so I am less tempted. AAJ has some serious jade candy and there is always their website (my weakness) if not in SG. I'm going to check out AAA Jadeshop now, haha!

Thanks mintea! I can't figure out the color of the spiral carved bangle (no name yet) in person either. Whitish greenish greyish blue? I love how jade has moods that way. Tonight by normal white to grey jadeite bangle looked positively green and it did not photograph at all :sad:

Icyjade, thanks for sharing the lavender bangles. At least I can enjoy looking. ;) About wearing tennis bracelets with your bangles, it is usually the other way around as jadeite and nephrite scratch metal jewelry so I would worry more about the tennis bracelet. I don't wear a tennis bracelets usually though so others may be able to help more.

Smokie, the yellow lines add so much interest to your bangle. It looks bright and cheery on you and quite summer-y!

Thanks mintea! That’s a great idea! I will definitely look into that. I really want to do something nice with them :smile:

JB Thanks so much! I know what mean. The princess bangles are much easier to get on. I’m a bit afraid to try a 56.5 in a d shape, maybe if it’s was on the thinner side. I’m going to check out AAA jadeahop too. Just gonna window shop ;)

Reactions: DrBoBo
Been really busy lately. My son is getting married in September but the bridal shower is next weekend. I was tasked with doing the favors. I’ve never done anything like this before... ever. My son proposed on the beach and they took a lot of pictures. One that she loves is her ring on a shell. So I kinda wanted to recreate it with her favors. I had my son bring home sand from the beach wear he proposed. I hope you don’t mind me sharing, but I’m very happy with them :biggrin:

Now just 35 more LOL

Attachments

• BCACC5DD-EF93-4CA7-8928-A5C1B7247E65.jpeg
    BCACC5DD-EF93-4CA7-8928-A5C1B7247E65.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 146BA281-EAF7-4F76-8166-A9F4E8AA929D.jpeg
    146BA281-EAF7-4F76-8166-A9F4E8AA929D.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 102
So much amazing new jade pictures since I left for my holiday! I enjoyed seeing many many people wearing jade jewellery in singapore! Not used to this in europe ;) Aaaand of course I stepped in to every store which displayed Jade :smile: One night i went out alone to check out some store as my husbands patience with my Jade shopping was a bit limited and went to Li-Hong Jade. Ultimate Jadeite, where my first bangle is from was on holidays, so that was my next hope. They were very sweet showing me different bangles within my limited budget.. and one of them simply "clicked"! I'm wearing it on my right hand as on the left is my permanent bluish-green-lavender one. My new bangle is a bit smaller and a greyish-lavender with very faint green spots. I first thought it would be awkward to wear two bangles permanently, but I'm really enjoying it :
)fullsizeoutput_1e62.jpeg35zhTMTyR8G6E1CFdklTvA.jpg4oV6jAc3SFS4iCuEzBK90Q.jpghPq4XDO4RWOIShfO9Krz4g.jpg

Thank you @SmokieDragon! I’m quite happy with my haul indeed. Haven’t gotten any new bangles for a while so two new one is quite a bonanza haha.

The ring is a nice surprise as I thought the cab would be smaller and lighter in color. Here is the vendor pic:
View attachment 4481435

Ok actually it does look like the big cab but anyway I somehow expected smaller haha

Thank you @Cyanide Rose! The nephrite is a nice lovely green. And very reasonably priced too so really happy with that. It also has a sister bangle but 54mm and with some black spots. If anyone is interested here is the LINK. IRL the color is like mine.

The floral like ring is a reset of my engagement ring using a ready made setting. Older so need big halo haha. Used to languish in my safe but have been wearing it often since the reset.

Thank you @jadeitebear! I do wish that I could bear with the other one as the white part is really much bigger and nicer imo. Ah well. As for the ring I can squeeze my finger in but yeah really need to find time to get it resized.

Talk about full finger coverage lol.
View attachment 4481460

Yeah always fun to go shopping at AAJ. I had also tried a few beautiful rings when I was there.

So many temptations sigh.

Thank you @2boys_jademommy!

A few more pics that I took today. Switched out Yin Yang to try the green nephrite and really like it. Think I’m really a princess bangle person. Not great lighting to take pics but didn’t have time to take nicer ones...

View attachment 4481461
View attachment 4481462
The color of the ring is just amazing!!!

So much amazing new jade pictures since I left for my holiday! I enjoyed seeing many many people wearing jade jewellery in singapore! Not used to this in europe ;) Aaaand of course I stepped in to every store which displayed Jade :smile: One night i went out alone to check out some store as my husbands patience with my Jade shopping was a bit limited and went to Li-Hong Jade. Ultimate Jadeite, where my first bangle is from was on holidays, so that was my next hope. They were very sweet showing me different bangles within my limited budget.. and one of them simply "clicked"! I'm wearing it on my right hand as on the left is my permanent bluish-green-lavender one. My new bangle is a bit smaller and a greyish-lavender with very faint green spots. I first thought it would be awkward to wear two bangles permanently, but I'm really enjoying it :
)View attachment 4483325View attachment 4483327View attachment 4483328View attachment 4483329
FraBa it’s quite lovely! It must have been quite the experience. Beautiful bangle! Congratulations :smile:

Hi Jadies! So I tried to take mod shots, but they were blurry. So here are pictures of the bamboo from yesterday and today’s pendant. The bamboo didn’t come out as nice as I would have liked, because of the bats nose being pointy. The thread doesn’t look right. The other pendant (Ruyi?) was already threaded when I purchased it. I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday :smile:

Attachments

• D823EEE7-9EF8-4FBB-B547-F65D840A320A.jpeg
    D823EEE7-9EF8-4FBB-B547-F65D840A320A.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 3FE5C5CA-28E0-4ED6-996A-F3B206AFE25A.jpeg
    3FE5C5CA-28E0-4ED6-996A-F3B206AFE25A.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 98

Hi Icyjade! I have worn my tennis bracelet with polished jadeite and didn’t have any issues. My bracelet is semi bezel set. However, my unpolished hetian bangle that I wear everyday has gotten marks from both gold and silver. Thankfully they wash off with a little rubbing them with dawn, but it is a bit annoying. I’m not sure which style you may be interested but I’m a bit leery about wearing one with prong settings with jade. Only because of the exposed surface of the diamond. I have seen berniechocolate wearing tennis bracelets with her jadeite and hers are prong set.

What kind are you thinking about getting? Mine are 25 pointers, but they are really old and beat up. I really wish I knew then what I now know about diamonds, but oh well. I really would like to have a bangle with 10 to 15 pointers. Maybe for my 25th anniversary :smile:

Last edited: