3 prong martini vs 6 prong diamond studs from whiteflash

Hi Skyqueen
Love your jewelry! Would you mind sharing your recommendation for a diamond pendant with a 40point stone? Would you use a three prong martini or a bezel setting to achieve the biggest look? TIA
Thanks Lizzy! If it were me I'd consider the martini...not as much metal so you get more sparkle. But I do love Brian Gavin's "The Barbara" bezel setting. Not much metal for a bezel. Check out the link and you can see different options. I don't own any BG necklaces, maybe someone who does can chime in. Good luck and keep us posted!
https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-jewelry/diamond-pendants/

Your diamonds will be large enough that they will not look triangular in the 3 prong martini. And no one can ever look at both earrings at the same time to tell if they aren’t turned the exact same way. It is impossible...try it yourself in the mirror. I love the minimalist look for diamond solitaires. Be sure to have the larger backs to keep them flush to the lobes.

Reactions: alice87
Your diamonds will be large enough that they will not look triangular in the 3 prong martini. And no one can ever look at both earrings at the same time to tell if they aren’t turned the exact same way. It is impossible...try it yourself in the mirror. I love the minimalist look for diamond solitaires. Be sure to have the larger backs to keep them flush to the lobes.
Any suggestions for larger backs?

My studs are not from WF. One is my original e-ring diamond and the other is a match I selected and had set at my local jeweler. They highly recommended jumbo backs and I couldn't be happier. Screw backs were out of the question based on all the issues with them and because I take my earrings off every night, so screwing/unscrewing them daily would be a real hassle. The jumbo backs are super secure.
StudBacks.jpg

yes, I got my earrings from WF and the jumbo backs are great....wasn't sure if you could just buy the backs or what they'd cost
I bought the backs after I had my studs for a few years. They are platinum, and cost a few hundred. Worth it for me. But I think if you didn’t buy your studs from WF you need to make sure the hole on the back is the right size. My WF posts are super thin, compared to the posts of other studs. So if you’re getting the backs from WF for a non-WF earring I would confirm. The posts from my VCA studs are way thicker than the posts from the WF studs.

Reactions: alice87