Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019

Happy Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 everyone!! This sale is a holiday in its own right and we know how much you all love it too!

When sharing your purchases or items you are looking at, please post a link to the item on Nordstrom's site in this thread. Not only does it let everyone easily check out the items you are looking at, but it helps us too as we are partners with Nordstrom. We're a small team and always appreciate the support, so if you are shopping online, we'd love for you to shop through our links.

GIVEAWAY ALERT: To celebrate the occasion, we are giving away EIGHT $200 Gift Cards to 8 different tPFers during the Anniversary Sale! Click here to find out how to enter. Good luck and happy shopping!

Support tPF and shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale by using this link!

I’m never excited when I get the catalog but this thread gets my blood pumping! Any more info on athleisure/yoga gear?
totally. I come on here and see that there are 3 new pages of comments and I'm like "weeeeee!" and sit down with a cup of coffee to read. LOL. it's even better when the early access starts and there are 10 new pages per day :smile:

I second the hairdryer. I have super curly hair and it dries my hair much faster than any other hairdryer I've used. I do think you're better off getting it at Sephora for a percentage off. If I recall correctly whenever it's been part of the anniversary sale it was the same as the usual retail price, they just threw in extras, like a traveling case or what not. I could be wrong, but I've never actually ever seen the hairdryer discounted.
Thank you!

For those in NY and LA with early ordering access, how is it? Any screenshots?

That starts tomorrow. I dunno. I’m not as tempted to shop without the 0% APR offer. Now I’m more focused on NEEDS (undergarments and sunscreen) versus WANTS (allllll the things). I’ll peek at the app tomorrow, but I’m not as excited about the sale now. This is usually the time I do the most damage!

Reactions: lovemyrescues
I'm probably wrong, but I thought the 0% APR was always an apology for the website crashing the first day the past couple of years. Not advertised in advance, but an incentive to power through and keep buying!

If I remember correctly, the year before last there was a 0% offer. I think you could opt in before the sale started?

I remember the 0% APR being a NAS promo. There was a 10x points apology for the website last year

I placed an order today for the current $30-60 note promo, but those bonus notes won’t be redeemable until August when prices go back to normal (or are further reduced).

That's one thing about the sale the past few years that has really disappointed me. A few years ago it was standard that the first weekend of the sale was triple points for cardholders. They also started doing the 0% APR thing a couple of years ago. I think that once Nordstrom sold the credit card business to a bank, all of this stopped. And yes we got the 10x points last year but that was because they messed up the website. While I don't know the dynamics/relationship/conversations between any retailer and the entity that owns their credit card business, it would be great to have these incentives offered to cardholders - 0% APR or the first day of the sale is 10x points (it would be amazing!) Something, anything!

I just feel that over the past 3 years the emphasis and care given to loyal Nordy customers/cardholders has gone away - they seem to care only about influencers or just getting the volume of people to shop the sale to increase, even if that person only shops at Nordstrom once a year.

Just my two cents/complaint for this year's sale.

That's one thing about the sale the past few years that has really disappointed me. A few years ago it was standard that the first weekend of the sale was triple points for cardholders. They also started doing the 0% APR thing a couple of years ago. I think that once Nordstrom sold the credit card business to a bank, all of this stopped. And yes we got the 10x points last year but that was because they messed up the website. While I don't know the dynamics/relationship/conversations between any retailer and the entity that owns their credit card business, it would be great to have these incentives offered to cardholders - 0% APR or the first day of the sale is 10x points (it would be amazing!) Something, anything!

I just feel that over the past 3 years the emphasis and care given to loyal Nordy customers/cardholders has gone away - they seem to care only about influencers or just getting the volume of people to shop the sale to increase, even if that person only shops at Nordstrom once a year.

Just my two cents/complaint for this year's sale.
I agree, although to be fair - the $100 note for spending $400 right now is AWESOME.... one of the best cardholder perks they've ever had.... I know it's before the sale (and the note comes after the sale), but at least for me, it seems like there is always something I want that wont go on sale (like if I just buy the Dior sunglasses I want I am good to go...lol) :smile:

I agree, although to be fair - the $100 note for spending $400 right now is AWESOME.... one of the best cardholder perks they've ever had.... I know it's before the sale (and the note comes after the sale), but at least for me, it seems like there is always something I want that wont go on sale (like if I just buy the Dior sunglasses I want I am good to go...lol) :smile:
If I'm doing the math correctly, it's more than twice as good as what you would get for a $400 purchase, even with 10x points. Plus you don't have to wait for a sale, or maybe you have your eye on an item that doesn't go on sale or you're worried it might sell out before it makes it to sale... :yes: