Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019

Happy Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 everyone!! This sale is a holiday in its own right and we know how much you all love it too!

When sharing your purchases or items you are looking at, please post a link to the item on Nordstrom's site in this thread. Not only does it let everyone easily check out the items you are looking at, but it helps us too as we are partners with Nordstrom. We're a small team and always appreciate the support, so if you are shopping online, we'd love for you to shop through our links.

GIVEAWAY ALERT: To celebrate the occasion, we are giving away EIGHT $200 Gift Cards to 8 different tPFers during the Anniversary Sale! Click here to find out how to enter. Good luck and happy shopping!

Support tPF and shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale by using this link!

I bought a tube last year because someone on this site suggested it. I'm going to buy another tube this year if it's included in the NAS. It's kind of greasy (so wear socks right after) and smells somewhat medicinal. It works better than some of the other things I've tried, like Soap & Glory Heel Genius. That said, not sure how it compares to plain ole petroleum jelly, which is way cheaper.

Thanks for the info. It might be good as a winter foot balm. I’ve been using the Kiehls hand salve as a foot cream so I don’t mind herbally/medicinal scents.

Finally was able to get an appointment on July 10th for the presale before the presale. Last year they opened early on presale day, but I guess they aren't opening early on the pre-presale days. July 12 and 13 my store is open an hour earlier at 9 am instead of 10.

Reactions: csx4
That's great for you but frustrating for people who are Icon, because supposedly you're going to get all these great advantages, but I feel it's only for people who live in the major cities like NYC and LA. My Nordstrom is the one outside Philly, so I don't get why there's not much more being done in my store. I feel you about sales associates. It used to be in the KOP mall that Nordstrom had all the great sales associates and Neimans had all the rude, snotty associates and now they're all pretty much rude and unbearable. It's why I honestly just shop online now and if I have a return, that's when I go to the store.

I received an email from one of the personal shoppers at my local Nordstrom who asked if I wanted to book an appointment so I texted her back and made one. I never dealt with her before, so I think it was sent out to everyone who is Icon level because it mentioned shopping the 9th or 10th. She was already booked for the 9th, which is crazy to me.
My SA reached out to me a little while ago asking when I wanted to book. My daughter is joining me so we had to wait until the afternoon of the 9th. Might as well enjoy my last year at Icon status. I’ve been busy and not shopping as much and as already mentioned, for those of us living in the Midwest, the perks don’t really add up.

Reactions: jennlt
I’m not making an appt this year.
My experiences with shopping via a SA during the sale has widely varied. 3-4 years ago, I loved it. It WAS like Christmas with my fitting room already stocked with items I had my eye on and other items the stylist thought were great, not-to-be-missed. The last two years, the pre-stocked fitting room has suffered from lack of store merchandise and my store not letting the SA’s pull merchandise early. My other major complaint with shopping with an appointment is that I always feel rushed. They only allotted an hour, two tops per shopper (at my store). Lastly, I would feel bad when/if I returned items. So, when I called to make an appt for the 9th and the SA told me it wasn’t really necessary this year...that Icons will be issued a bracelet and they can shop at their leisure, I happily chose that route.

Reactions: AbbytheBT

Attachments

• 4194087F-8ED5-4721-ABC2-C169141AD493.jpeg
    4194087F-8ED5-4721-ABC2-C169141AD493.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,266
I had an SA tell me yesterday that this year the look books are accessed via an employee app in efforts to secure the look book. Apparently they’re required to sign in to see the content, whereas before they were given a link, which most of us would end up with :smile: She mentioned there is a lot, so I’m hoping she’s right since I didn’t see anything I like in the catalog. She also mentioned there will be more in the stores and added benefits to shopping in store rather than online, but didn’t elaborate. If I get more info, I will share!
I think technically that's how it's always been, but the last few years there was one manager that uploaded it to his Google Drive or Dropbox and shared it.

Frankly if I have to go to the store to view it, I am less likely to make an appointment, and less interested overall.

I think you already got your answer but last year I sat down with my SA in the Nordstrom cafe and went through the whole look book and selected items I wanted her to order and she wrote them down. The whole lookbook was on the iPad and she had to log into it.
I used to do that, but the last few years getting someone to do that with me has been like pulling teeth so I've been happy to see the whole thing in here.

Reactions: eleanors36
I think technically that's how it's always been, but the last few years there was one manager that uploaded it to his Google Drive or Dropbox and shared it.

Frankly if I have to go to the store to view it, I am less likely to make an appointment, and less interested overall.

I used to do that, but the last few years getting someone to do that with me has been like pulling teeth so I've been happy to see the whole thing in here.

I also thought technically they weren’t supposed to share it, so I’ve always been really excited to get access to it. Hopefully another manager will find it in their heart to kindly share it again this year :smile:

Reactions: HeatherGrace