Scarves How To Tie the Giant Triangle

This is awesome BBC, thank you so much. We are twins on the bright pink Kachinas Giant Triangle, and I totally agree with you that it is a pleasure to wear. As you mention, it is light, like the summer 140, but less material, and I would add that the softness reminds me of the vintage 70's. I just love mine, and now you've given me many more ideas on how to wear it!! I believe I already posted one or two of these photos, but I thought it would be handy to post here so fellow scarifies can view some of the styling options on one thread.
View attachment 4471212 View attachment 4471213 View attachment 4471214
Bova- you look amazing! I particularly love the last pic of you- that yellow really suits you!

Reactions: Smae-ze and Bova123
View attachment 4471108 View attachment 4471109 View attachment 4471110 View attachment 4471111

So that is what I came up with immediately. And of course there is cowboy style...

View attachment 4471112 View attachment 4471113

Also I discovered a second way to bias fold. There is enough material that is think enough to fold in half once and then bias fold - like this -

View attachment 4471114

Then you can just drape it around your neck like this…

View attachment 4471115

Or tie it...

View attachment 4471116

Or even use a regate scarf ring.
View attachment 4471117

So? How many other ways can you tie the Giant Triangle?
HTH!!!
Oh dear, I dismissed buying a triangle in May in this exact CW because I didn’t have a clue how to wear it, or IF I would wear it. Now you are having me rethink that...

I love the giant triangle as well. Had kind of been hoping for an issue for the fall of something that hadn't already been issued a lot but I've already gotten a lot of use out of my Kachinas from the Spring.

In the cooler part of spring when i got it I could accordion pleat it a few times and wrap it several times for warmth:

View attachment 4471524

This is a cowboy in front, but the ends and the triangle tip are tied in a knot to keep them under control
View attachment 4471522

Bova's Knot:
View attachment 4471526

And just rolled up in to a long roll:

View attachment 4471527

I'm sure a weave knot would also be great and I'd love to try out some of @BBC 's beautiful knots too.
Well Hello, Gorgeous!!!

Reactions: bunnycat
I love the giant triangle as well. Had kind of been hoping for an issue for the fall of something that hadn't already been issued a lot but I've already gotten a lot of use out of my Kachinas from the Spring.

In the cooler part of spring when i got it I could accordion pleat it a few times and wrap it several times for warmth:

View attachment 4471524

This is a cowboy in front, but the ends and the triangle tip are tied in a knot to keep them under control
View attachment 4471522

Bova's Knot:
View attachment 4471526

And just rolled up in to a long roll:

View attachment 4471527

I'm sure a weave knot would also be great and I'd love to try out some of @BBC 's beautiful knots too.
So beautifully tied, bunnycat!

Reactions: bunnycat
Hi! This thread was inspired by a comment elsewhere that there weren’t many options for tying the new-for-2019 large triangle. I purchased two as an alternative to the 140 cm silk, as it is essentially the same size, but less overwhelming on me.

I decided to try to see how many different ways you could tie this new format, and for here most of the tying choices were to highlight the advantages of the additional length over the 90cm size.

Tbh I don’t really vary the way I bias-fold my scarves, and I never wear them cowboy-style, but of course there are many ways to vary, even within the same fold. You can fold in toward an edge, you can fold in preferring one side, you can fold in alternating sides. All these photos were taken without varying the bias fold, but any change to the fold will change what shows up front when tied.

So, here are a few options I came up with in a few minutes, and I only stopped taking pictures where I realized that there really are many MANY ways to tie and wear the large triangle.

I hope you all enjoy this! Sorry about my horrendous dress form, it has a very distracting pattern on it so I tied an old robe onto it.

View attachment 4471098 View attachment 4471099 View attachment 4471100 View attachment 4471101 View attachment 4471102 View attachment 4471103 View attachment 4471104 View attachment 4471105

More to follow...
Thanks SO much for taking the time to do this - you have inspired me! I tried on my first giant triangle this spring, and have been percolating all this time! This has pushed me over the edge ( because I really loved it, just biding my time). Now my big problem is that I had chosen my CW, but this one ( which I hadn't seen in person) is now my fav!!

Reactions: BBC