Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019

Happy Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 everyone!! This sale is a holiday in its own right and we know how much you all love it too!

When sharing your purchases or items you are looking at, please post a link to the item on Nordstrom's site in this thread. Not only does it let everyone easily check out the items you are looking at, but it helps us too as we are partners with Nordstrom. We're a small team and always appreciate the support, so if you are shopping online, we'd love for you to shop through our links.

GIVEAWAY ALERT: To celebrate the occasion, we are giving away EIGHT $200 Gift Cards to 8 different tPFers during the Anniversary Sale! Click here to find out how to enter. Good luck and happy shopping!

Support tPF and shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale by using this link!

I got an email last night for Ambassador PreShop in stores July 10-11. I'm in Atlanta. It looks like they are trying to spread things out to hault the online stampede that crashes the site. Not a bad plan although it doesn't seem to be applied correctly.
The sale this year is going to be a mess. I have Icon status, and an appointment to shop with my stylist in store on July 9. I have not yet received a catalog or any look book, although I did review the catalog on the website. Usually, I purchase a ton during the sale, and about half of my purchases are made through the website. I was planning to maybe make a big purchase this year, but I don't think I will have any way of knowing whether or not the item I am interested in will be on the sale. Additionally, my store does not carry the item. All I know is that this makes it less likely that I will make that big purchase. :sad:

The sale this year is going to be a mess. I have Icon status, and an appointment to shop with my stylist in store on July 9. I have not yet received a catalog or any look book, although I did review the catalog on the website. Usually, I purchase a ton during the sale, and about half of my purchases are made through the website. I was planning to maybe make a big purchase this year, but I don't think I will have any way of knowing whether or not the item I am interested in will be on the sale. Additionally, my store does not carry the item. All I know is that this makes it less likely that I will make that big purchase. :sad:

Does your SA typically send you the look book or do you look at it at the store? I don’t have a specific SA I work with bc I live 3 hours from my closest Nordstrom but was wondering if I book an appointment if they will send me the look book?? (I do plan on going to the store for the sale, it’s basically the only “me time” I get all year)

Does your SA typically send you the look book or do you look at it at the store? I don’t have a specific SA I work with bc I live 3 hours from my closest Nordstrom but was wondering if I book an appointment if they will send me the look book?? (I do plan on going to the store for the sale, it’s basically the only “me time” I get all year)
I don't think they are "supposed" to send out the look books. I have gone into the store in the past to review them, and one year, my SA sent me access to the look books. If I had them, I would post them. Not sure why they are banned from sending out the look books. At least for me, it means I usually buy more!

I don't think they are "supposed" to send out the look books. I have gone into the store in the past to review them, and one year, my SA sent me access to the look books. If I had them, I would post them. Not sure why they are banned from sending out the look books. At least for me, it means I usually buy more!
Right! I would think if they sent out the look books that people would get more excited about the sale, people would buy more, and the SA’s would be able to pull items before our appointments.

Reactions: csx4
I had an SA tell me yesterday that this year the look books are accessed via an employee app in efforts to secure the look book. Apparently they’re required to sign in to see the content, whereas before they were given a link, which most of us would end up with :smile: She mentioned there is a lot, so I’m hoping she’s right since I didn’t see anything I like in the catalog. She also mentioned there will be more in the stores and added benefits to shopping in store rather than online, but didn’t elaborate. If I get more info, I will share!

Random, but any thoughts on the Gehwol skincare line? NAS usually has a few things and I’d like to try the foot cream if it comes back this year. Last year they sold out when I decided I wanted to place an order.

I bought a tube last year because someone on this site suggested it. I'm going to buy another tube this year if it's included in the NAS. It's kind of greasy (so wear socks right after) and smells somewhat medicinal. It works better than some of the other things I've tried, like Soap & Glory Heel Genius. That said, not sure how it compares to plain ole petroleum jelly, which is way cheaper.

I had an SA tell me yesterday that this year the look books are accessed via an employee app in efforts to secure the look book. Apparently they’re required to sign in to see the content, whereas before they were given a link, which most of us would end up with :smile: She mentioned there is a lot, so I’m hoping she’s right since I didn’t see anything I like in the catalog. She also mentioned there will be more in the stores and added benefits to shopping in store rather than online, but didn’t elaborate. If I get more info, I will share!
I really hope that is true... I want to be more excited, but the lack of information has me a little down on the sale.

Yes an SA told me that as well. They have been sworn to secrecy. Which I said was silly as the whole point of having an SA is for the tricks tips and information.

Reactions: JoesGirl and csx4

I think you already got your answer but last year I sat down with my SA in the Nordstrom cafe and went through the whole look book and selected items I wanted her to order and she wrote them down. The whole lookbook was on the iPad and she had to log into it.