What HG brand name earrings would you purchase for 15k?

I would also vote for VCA vintage pave or pave Frivole for a HG branded pair of earrings, although I already have studs. I plan to collect a few pair of VCA earrings because I do believe they are iconic, heirloom worthy, and certainly hold value well if one decides to sell. I may get one of the pave pairs, but I want some yg and wg magic and frivole for daily wear.

I recently purchased the Cartier Galanterie earrings. I think they can be dressed up and down. They are diamonds, in an art deco design.
I was looking at those, a pair of the tiffany Victoria or getting custom made 1ct each side emerald cut diamonds.
The tiffany Victoria I liked but didn't love (I love them on other people though haha). Once I tried on the galanterie I was in love. If you want a brand name, something that is a little different from solitaire studs it might be worth trying on.
Maybe have a look at diamond solitaire earrings that aren't the usual round brilliant - emerald, ascher, pear, oval, cushion, princess... they might make it a little more interesting for you if youre worried it will be boring. you can always get earring jackets etc made to fit on them.

wishing you the best of luck :smile:

Attachments

• 1032635.png.scale.314.high.galanterie-de-cartier-earrings-white-gold.jpg
    1032635.png.scale.314.high.galanterie-de-cartier-earrings-white-gold.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 251
I think VCA Vintage alhambra is a classic style and it would be desirable for many decades.
However, I don't think diamond pave version would be my preferred model.
I prefer the plain hammered gold version (3-4K?) for every day wear.

Further, I agree with the posts above, quality 2-3ct diamond studs are versatile and hold value, but I found them quite boring to wear.
I would prefer my numerous pairs of Dior tribal earrings ($500-550 each pair) to wear daily, the style made me feel joy and excitement when wear.
I don't think any women had shown any interest at my diamond studs no matter how big or expensive they were.
Solitaire ring is a different scenario-- I'm planning to purchase a 5ct.

Brand name jewellery I would focus on the design, the more recognisable the better.
Personally I would buy these two styles:
--Cartier Love
--VCA vintage or magic Alhambra

However, my holy grail is not a classic style or a gemstone that holds value like diamonds.
I'm currently in a "South Sea Pearl phrase", so my current holy grail is Paspaley Lavalier earrings and the matching necklace.
I don't think they would hold value or timeless in style. But they would make me the happiest right now.

View attachment 4460280
View attachment 4460281

The best philosophy

Reactions: honeypeach
I will say that I love my current diamond studs. They are each slightly over 1 carat each, F-G VS1 with a particularly lovely cut in a 3-prong platinum, martini setting. They sparkle like mad. And I can wear them with everything. I have tiny earlobes, so I have problems with finding earrings that fit well and don’t droop.
FYI, if you have difficult lobes, Graff earrings fit really well.

There's a place in my jewelry box for more decorative options such as the Graff.
I also lust after VCA Lotus and Pave Frivoles too.

I agree with honeypeach about diamond studs. They are nice to have, but can be boring if you are into jewelry. Everyone has them and they don’t stand out or seem special, not matter how nice or expensive the diamond. If you are looking for iconic and recognizable, diamond solitaire studs are not the way to go.
Thank you for putting what I felt into words! I couldn't really articulate WHY I was hesitant with studs. Your comment helps put things into perspective for me.

I would also vote for VCA vintage pave or pave Frivole for a HG branded pair of earrings, although I already have studs. I plan to collect a few pair of VCA earrings because I do believe they are iconic, heirloom worthy, and certainly hold value well if one decides to sell. I may get one of the pave pairs, but I want some yg and wg magic and frivole for daily wear.
Thanks for your reply!! Would you consider them over the Tiffany Victoria? I'm close to getting a pair of those :smile:

I recently purchased the Cartier Galanterie earrings. I think they can be dressed up and down. They are diamonds, in an art deco design.
I was looking at those, a pair of the tiffany Victoria or getting custom made 1ct each side emerald cut diamonds.
The tiffany Victoria I liked but didn't love (I love them on other people though haha). Once I tried on the galanterie I was in love. If you want a brand name, something that is a little different from solitaire studs it might be worth trying on.
Maybe have a look at diamond solitaire earrings that aren't the usual round brilliant - emerald, ascher, pear, oval, cushion, princess... they might make it a little more interesting for you if youre worried it will be boring. you can always get earring jackets etc made to fit on them.

wishing you the best of luck :smile:
Thanks very much for your thoughtful response. I actually was thinking about those Cartier earrings as well. I do think they are iconic and very unique! Sigh, more things to desire now :smile: Of course.....modeling shots of those Cartier babies would be awesome ;)

Reactions: JessicaRabbit1